Sponsored

I'm back and looking for a new GT - what are the finance options?

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Long Version

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I was on the forums. The reason being that I had to sell my Mustang. :(

I was fired from my previous job, 10 minutes before five on a Monday morning and two weeks away from the two year period where the government would give me free employment tribunal and extra protections (karma is nice, though, as it looks like the company is in a nose dive since I left). Being unemployed I couldn't justify running the fiveOh for much longer and it had started breaking down again.

Flogged it at the Kia Garage for pretty much the price I paid for it, used the equity to pay off any outstanding debt and bought myself an Optima 3 on the then new 67s in the process. Nice car, but 139hp is certainly not enough when I'm used to over 400! :eyebulge:

Things are looking up though. I have a new job with a more than noticeable pay boost over the old, and I've been seriously looking at buying another pony given my appraisals are leading toward another pay rise. Nice start to 2018, to say the least!

TL;DR
I know Ford have a 0% APR deal on for the '17 to make way for the 18s. Because of this, even though the price of car is way more than I paid for it back in 2015 (£33k vs £38k), I'll only be paying £1 extra month over my old ca, plus I'll benefit from the new tax laws that'll save me a good chunk of change a year.

Though, I'm wondering if anyone has any details on the finance options and price lists for the new face-lifted model. I've been out of the loop for a while given my circumstances and I have no idea what on earth is going on in the world of the Mustang, other than we finally get proper DRLs. :D

Cheers!
-Ben
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Good to see you back Ben! Congrats on the new job too...

Can't really tell you much about the 18's, I'll let someone else do that...

I paid ~£38k for my GT, and as you say, the massive tax reduction is a big win. I'd also stress that sync 3 is a major improvement over sync 2.

Keep us posted on what you decide

:cheers:

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Good to see you back Ben! Congrats on the new job too...

Can't really tell you much about the 18's, I'll let someone else do that...

I paid ~£38k for my GT, and as you say, the massive tax reduction is a big win. I'd also stress that sync 3 is a major improvement over sync 2.

Keep us posted on what you decide

:cheers:
I shall indeed keep you posted! Especially since I'm flip-flopping back and forth between a Mustang and the new Kia Stinger GTS (I've sat in one, and holy bajeebus is it ever nice). Absolutely leaning toward the Pony though, because I miss that burbling mess of an engine.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Get on the Facebook groups buddy and speak with Aaron Borg and James Rowe, I am not confirming this but I heard recently one guy got a brand new 17 GT with £2000 discount so 36k and interest free finance.

If you can bag a similar deal, you will be absolutely winning then mate as you now know what they are worth 18-24 months later, around 28-32k with relatively low miles so your depreciation would be 2-3k a year tops which for a brand new 400+ horsepower car is some of the best residuals around.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lets just hope there are some 17s left by the time I want to buy, because that is an exceptionally good deal. Heck, given the residuals are so good I may even spring for a bank loan this time around.

Edit: Yup, I can get 3% APR.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does it need to be new? Could get a Bank loan and get a used 15-17. You’d get one for under 30k easily.
Could probably buy my old one! According to an acquaintance the dealership haven't sold it because the dealers have been joyriding it for a few months. :lol:

But yes, I'd want new because of the tax law change. A used one will be £520 a year vs £140. Small in the grand scheme of things but every little helps.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ben, finance is one thing, but people are managing to pickup 0% apr with a discount on list, as gibbo says some V8s have been going for 36k (BRAND new (Spec dependant))

Alternatively, there's a fair chunk up for sale, and every now and then one v8 will pop up sub 32k, making it a relatively attainable amount even if you took a loan out against it.

Looking forward to having you back, i've also sat in the stinger (Dad's looking for a car, not me!) From memory they jump up in price quite quickly, and i couldn't see past it being a Kia (we weren't allowed to drive it!) but, it looks decent, i wouldn't pick one over a Mustang, but it would take a rather considerable flip in cost and car for me to do that.
I think a review he watched put him off the stinger that Car Throttle did :
[ame]

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I've been on here long enough to see you pick up your original Stang and come back again before I've even sat in mine. I have a 2018 coming next month but if I'd just come across the Mustang I would be definitely be hitting up Ford for some of that 0% finance currently available on the MY17.

I'm paying half and have just got a 3% loan for the rest so half of what Ford are offering on the 2018. All the best with making a decision on your next ride.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The stinger carries some terrifying speed (notice how the white one in my dealership has license plates ;) I'm on good terms with that dealership because the Stinger would be my third car from there, so I got to run my toes over the go pedal). Lower HP than the pony but woof, those gears are short. I'm not a badge snob so that doesn't phase me one bit.

However, 0% and £2k off? That's enough for me to ditch the stinger entirely. I'll see where I am by the end of the month. Plus, friend in the states just bought a Dodge, and he got it on the American equivalent of PCP but actually paid off his four years up-front, so the only payment he'll have to make will be the GMFV at the end of it. If I can do the same thing here then I could go out and get it tomorrow instead of having to save up a bit of cash first. Probably not, but I can dream. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, shadow black.
Could probably buy my old one! According to an acquaintance the dealership haven't sold it because the dealers have been joyriding it for a few months. :lol:

But yes, I'd want new because of the tax law change. A used one will be £520 a year vs £140. Small in the grand scheme of things but every little helps.
I picked my new GT up last week and I paid less than 40k but the salesman seemed to think that I would be paying the higher tax as the car with the extras I have would be over 40k at list price? Is that right or will i be paying the 140 a year? He wasn't to clued up on the subject. Thanks.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've been on here long enough to see you pick up your original Stang and come back again before I've even sat in mine.
Now that's just depressing. :lol:

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I picked my new GT up last week and I paid less than 40k but the salesman seemed to think that I would be paying the higher tax as the car with the extras I have would be over 40k at list price? Is that right or will i be paying the 140 a year? He wasn't to clued up on the subject. Thanks.
Its based on list price in the brochure, so MAYBE you'll be on the lower band. I'm not sure. I don't think extras count toward it.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Its based on list price in the brochure, so MAYBE you'll be on the lower band. I'm not sure. I don't think extras count toward it.

its based on whatever the invoice amount is written down by the dealership on the paper work combined with any options so if your base car is 38k and you spec up 3k of options then you're over 40k.

why do so many people struggle with this concept.
Sponsored