Sponsored

MT Head 2 Head - 2018 Camaro SS 1LE vs 2018 Mustang GT

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Would you guys take a base zl1 MSRP of $63795 for $5500 off before TTL? That's alot of performance for the money. The carbon build up in the LT4 is a legit problem though.
Hell yea! As far as carbon buildup, I haven't heard or seen any complaints and some of these guys are in the 10K, 20K, and higher mileage range. I don't think it is a legit enough issue to not buy the car. That's if it's an issue at all. Go over to C6 and ask those guys about it. Thehunteroo's BFF (blaq) is over there. I'm sure he'll answer all your questions!!

Lol sounds like blaq. Almost.
So where are all these other 11.8s at? I mean there should be plenty of them out there right?
They commited suicide like you suggested due to the domination in the magazine testing.
You are a clown.
You said on C6G people were going to end their lives on due to the impending magazine test lol, are you saying that’s not an account you have control of?
This was probably the funniest exchange, miscommunication, mixup I've read in a while. Syphon23, he thinks you are Blaq, lol!! You replied to his comment when he said you almost sound like him so that is why he replied that the people who would have run an 11.8 committed suicide...because that is what thehunteroo says that blaq (and others) over there have been saying. So he thinks you're him. HAHA!! Waitaminute...are you him??
Sponsored

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Wow... I mean.... One guy did a few runs on a preped track in crazy good DA and messed around with the tire pressure and not every 18 A10 is a 11.8 sec car :doh:.

Theres a few 11.3 C7 runs on the fast list where they did the same thing. Great DA and great track prepd. But no one goes around claiming C7s are 11.3 sec cars.
When you have a list of runs from best to whatever, everybody understands that a variety of factors may lead to why the faster runs were faster: better DA, better surface, better driver, stronger example. IF there are bone stock C7s that have run 11.3s when all of the stars align, it's okay to call it a model capable of 11.3s. Same for whatever mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, etc. run in optimal conditions.

What you're struggling with is that the 2018 Auto Mustang GT has been shown to have a higher ultimate capability under optimal conditions than some model of car that you're personally so attached to that it's hurting your feelings. It's not necessary.

I'm not a Camaro guy but if they come out with one tomorrow that runs 10.0@145 for $40,000 I'm going to be thrilled not upset that it's faster than whatever I might be owning and enjoying at the time.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Hell yea! As far as carbon buildup, I haven't heard or seen any complaints and some of these guys are in the 10K, 20K, and higher mileage range. I don't think it is a legit enough issue to not buy the car. That's if it's an issue at all. Go over to C6 and ask those guys about it. Thehunteroo's BFF is over there. I'm sure he'll answer all your questions!!

This was probably the funniest exchange, miscommunication, mixup I've read in a while. Syphon23, he thinks you are Blaq, lol!! You replied to his comment when he said you almost sound like him so that is why he replied that the people who would have run an 11.8 committed suicide...because that is what thehunteroo says that blaq (and others) over there have been saying. So he thinks you're him. HAHA!! Waitaminute...are you him??
Negative syphon actually stated that the Mustang boys were on suicide watch before the magazine test came out. It’s on C6G. The reason I bring this up is that I’m tired of the trolls running free when any negative comment about the 18 is a no go otherwise. It makes no sense to me at all. Syphon is only here to troll. They also got another thread locked by baiting someone into an argument then running back to C6G lol’ing about it. It’s all there. I just stated they sounded like blaq since they used the same “talking points”.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Negative syphon actually stated that the Mustang boys were on suicide watch before the magazine test came out. It’s on C6G. The reason I bring this up is that I’m tired of the trolls running free when any negative comment about the 18 is a no go otherwise. It makes no sense to me at all. Syphon is only here to troll. They also got another thread locked by baiting someone into an argument then running back to C6G lol’ing about it. It’s all there. I just stated they sounded like blaq since they used the same “talking points”.
Ah. I thought it was funny because it looked like a misunderstanding.

Not for nothin but a few guys from here went over there and did the same thing. It goes back and forth. I don't think he is a troll. The problem is that on forums, whenever someone disagrees with someone else, they are branded a "troll". He has made some good points. So it's not like he's making up stuff or trying to stir up trouble. Whatever. Don't let it get to you.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Ah. I thought it was funny because it looked like a misunderstanding.

Not for nothin but a few guys from here went over there and did the same thing. It goes back and forth. I don't think he is a troll. The problem is that on forums, whenever someone disagrees with someone else, they are branded a "troll". He has made some good points. So it's not like he's making up stuff or trying to stir up trouble. Whatever. Don't let it get to you.
It doesn’t matter to me. I just bring it up because there is a larger point I was trying to make but I’ll leave it at that.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am a "seasoned veteran" U.S.M.C. and forum post researcher, it's all in good fun to most of us as we "represent" in the twisty's and at the regional tracks we frequent. I even enjoy Car Shows and will attend the STP Hot Rod Riot in Goliad,Tx. next month. Just enjoy hot rods and represent! See you all in the twisty's.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
So where are all these other 11.8s at? I mean there should be plenty of them out there right?
A regular guy posted an 11.98 slip last week on the facebooks. Many of the shops have been posting around 12flat. The A10 is a fast car down the strip, and already matching/beating the best Camaro numbers (after thousands of Camaro runs). Camaro 1LE wins at the road course, but I bet we will see that A10 Mustang GTPP winning more at the strip.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
The whole point of a magnetic suspension is its active. It can be tuned to any number of parameters to meet the needs of intended driver driving an intended way. Yes the 18 in Auto is geared such that it’s probably faster than the Camaro during strait line acceleration. But the Mustang chassis is not as performant as it could be elsewhere and this doesn’t make as much sense because it’s got magnetic shocks.

Simply put, in track mode with an adaptive suspension there is no real reason for a soft tune suspension. Period. The fact remains that ford intentionally left food on the table which it comes to how this car performs getting into and out of a corner. Period. Doesn’t matter if it can be made better (which it can ). Why not make it the best it can be right from the factory. That’s what adaptive gives you. No need in adaptive if your gonna leave food on the table.
I can't watch the video yet, but I see many people talking about the Mustang being soft on the turns. I am still wondering if they had this in track mode, or if something was wrong with this test car. In track mode, mine is completely solid around a turn. Now in S+, there is some give. Seems odd.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Patience. They're coming. It's only a small percentage of owners who actually go to the track so more units have to get out there.
This...plus owners are just now getting their deliveries. Add a few thousand miles worth of break-in (for those who can actually drive this time of year) and the 1/4 mile times will come.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
This...plus owners are just now getting their deliveries. Add a few thousand miles worth of break-in (for those who can actually drive this time of year) and the 1/4 mile times will come.
There is no time! They have to get to the track and impress blaqwhole!

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I can't watch the video yet, but I see many people talking about the Mustang being soft on the turns. I am still wondering if they had this in track mode, or if something was wrong with this test car. In track mode, mine is completely solid around a turn. Now in S+, there is some give. Seems odd.
general Motors Trend always does something to the Mustang so the camaro wins change tires on the camaro put 87 octane fuel in the Mustang and so on.
As for Randy Prost who's paying him to do the driving he ain't doing it for free:ninja:

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
general Motors Trend always does something to the Mustang so the camaro wins change tires on the camaro put 87 octane fuel in the Mustang and so on.
As for Randy Prost who's paying him to do the driving he ain't doing it for free:ninja:
Yeah because Motor Trend just didn't just pick the gt350r the winner against the ZL1 head-to-head even though the ZL1 beat it in every performance category.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Explain how MT picked the GT350R over the ZL1 then in the last Mustang/Camaro head to head...