2006 Corvette
Holy cow why are people here if they hate the Mustang so much :lol:
Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Unless you own stock in FMC why do sales figures matter to you?
Unless you don't care about a car you like being cancelled as was the Camaro, why don't sales numbers matter to you?

My 2SS has been a more comfortable daily driver than my 15 base gt ever was on my same 80 mile commute ...
God bless you bro, enjoy your car.

Sales does not equal quality.

Taco Bell is prob the best selling taco shop. Doesnt mean its the best taco shop.
Car sales reflects what consumers have chosen that provide quality, performance, ergonomics, etc.

Bringing fast food outlets into a discussion about automobiles borders on the absurd.

Too many people are magazine racers. All the debates about performance and the truth is very few owners of either of these vehicles can likely push their car to the limit at the track ...
^Truth.

The Mustang was always the cheaper car. Not so much anymore. So we shall see what happens. And we all know Mustang sales are inflated due to fleet purchases.
They were more affordable, "cheap" indicates something else altogether. Hope you know the difference.

Deliveries over the past year is:

Mustang:80.6k
Camaro:72K

So its reasonably close. Not a runaway by Ford.
Cool, looks like another win! Hope the Camaro doesn't get rescinded again because of it, too much fun having verbal jousts with their owners.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Holy cow why are people here if they hate the Mustang so much :lol:
You want to hear something funny? Some of my best friends that I hang out with at local car shows are Camaro guys. We get along great.

But for some odd reason, here on the forums ... things get sour.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
We get it [MENTION=25314]16 GT MM/Auto[/MENTION] your a Mustang guy and arguing with you is pointless. Mustang sales this and blah blah that. Facts are the 6th Gen SS is the better performance car. Now if you want a smooth ride and softer interior... all good. But if you want performance results... SS is your answer. And that is not debatable.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
We get it [MENTION=25314]16 GT MM/Auto[/MENTION] your a Mustang guy and arguing with you is pointless. Mustang sales this and blah blah that. Facts are the 6th Gen SS is the better performance car. Now if you want a smooth ride and softer interior... all good. But if you want performance results... SS is your answer. And that is not debatable.
Then why do you persist and argue here?

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
To troll. All you have to do is go on C6G and look at what they say it’s the same accounts and everything :lol:

People on here are not looking to discuss a thing. They defend the conspiracy claims and complain that we don’t acknowledge that GM is better at everything. Look at the prevailing opinions on C6G. It’s worse than politics.

Most don’t understand the sarcastic remarks I make on here in relation to the lack of enforcement of the Camaro trolls. Seriously there are so many people here trolling and going around lol’ing that they are trolling, getting threads locked, etc. But the main focus is to stop the 18 front end “bashing”!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don’t really see anyone arguing the point with you. Funny thing about those performance numbers. I’ve never lost a drag race to the superior Camaro. I even when over to Camaro6 last year and pointed it out to them. They all waived their magazines at me. “Well motor trend says” But not a single Tri state member ever showed up to Atco to put a beating on me and my inferior Mustang. Your not to far away. Maybe you’d like to give it a try? Atco open next month. Chevy power right?.:shrug:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I suggest this gets back to a civil conversation without the juvenile name calling, or this thread will be locked.

Thank you.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The 6th Gen was slow to start but it has picked up over the past year. Thems just facts. See what happens in the future.
Actually Camaro sales have been down each year since 2014 and 2017 has the lowest sales since Chevy brought the Camaro back. Chevy is rushing out a 2019 refresh in an attempt to improve sales. I'm not convinced it will matter unless they slash prices or address the exterior/interior styling.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I get it, you hate camaros.
When it comes to what I drive and purchase, only my opinion matters. This car works for me as a daily.
I even like the interior layout more.
I don't hate Camaros I just call it like I see it. Performance, while important, is not the be all end all to me.

You do realize your posting in the general section on a Mustang board??

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Unless you own stock in FMC why do sales figures matter to you? It won't make your car any quicker, and i've yet to meet anyone who's lost a race and then quotes sales numbers as a crutch.
I believe it is relevant to a head to head forum thread.

There is a reason why more Mustangs are purchased than Camaros.

I would suspect that Camaro sales have also hurt Corvette sales due to similar performance now.

So less Vettes, more Camaros sold, better performance numbers, and still not outselling the Mustang.

My opinion on the reason is the Mustang simply looks better and is an easier car to live with day to day.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
We get it @16 GT MM/Auto your a Mustang guy and arguing with you is pointless. Mustang sales this and blah blah that. Facts are the 6th Gen SS is the better performance car. Now if you want a smooth ride and softer interior... all good. But if you want performance results... SS is your answer. And that is not debatable.
We get it Syphon23, you're committed to irrational statements and making all the real Chevy guys look bad. Camaro's a tenth quicker this blah blah that. Facts are any car will not survive if they don't appeal over a broad spectrum. Witness the demise of the "faster/superior" 4th gen Camaros. It was a few ticks quicker similar to what we see today, but comparatively, not enough people wanted one.

1993-2002 4th Gen Camaro vs. Mustang Sales
Mustang - 1,520,500
Camaro - 615,574

And there you go. If you want to persist in making arguments for a car that barely wins races but history reveals can be cancelled for lack of interest in other areas, then by all means ... rock on.

Exactly ... We get it, you're a GM fanboi for a car you don't own or plan to own ...
Good observations guys. I sometimes comment on Camaro Forums and are welcome there because I keep things real. Too bad Syphon23 doesn't get it. And just to prove I'm not completely biased against Camaros, here's the one brief time I owned one (2010 LS, not a bad looking car actually).
1a.jpg
1aa.jpg

Last edited:

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Here are the 18 manual numbers from C&D's instrumented test. The 10 speed auto will be noticeably faster:

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.3 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 9.7 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 16.4 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 23.0 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.1 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 10.7 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 9.6 sec
Standing ÂĽ-mile: 12.6 sec @ 115 mph
Top speed (governor limited, mfr's claim): 155 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 164 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.96 g

Beacuse Ford offers performance upgrades and lets you keep your warranty I suspect the differences will be much closer.
C&D who corrects for sea level manages to get the slowest mph for the 18 GT out of any car that has run down a drag strip yet post the fastest mph for any M6 SS.

:shrug: