Sponsored

2017 Blk/Blk Base Gt Procharger F1A Build...

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
I've been lurking for a bit researching Gt's while I was in the process of selling my 2011 CtsV, which sold last week. I had my local internet sales manager find what I was looking for, negotiated what I felt was a great price and pulled the trigger last night! He found me a black on black base gt without any options besides a spare tire about 100 miles away Friday afternoon and I placed my deposit! They picked it up for me Saturday (yesterday) afternoon and gave me a call to come in around 5 to pick up my new ride. Went in to test drive it since I hadn't even driven one, liked it and signed some papers. Ended up paying $30,093 after all negotiations/rebates and came home with it last night!

With a good friend of mines knowledgeable guidance on the s550 platform I'll be building a Twin Turbo e85 street monster that will hit the track regularly and play in Mexico often. I'm hoping to have the car finished by the end of this year, but we shall see. I'll be kicking off the party tomorrow with a ngauge, flex fuel Lund tune, opg kit, mbrp race cat back, steeda sport springs with f/r sways and a 20" p51 wheel/tire setup. I'll also be taking the car for tint, swapping Led interior/exterior lights and I'll be doing Air Wrap on some exterior trim pieces in the coming week so I can get this thing looking clean! I'll try to post lots of pics along the way.

Will
IMG_1521.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Mbrp stainless race exhaust from Terry@Beefcake (great prices) showed up yesterday so of corse I had to put it on. Yanked the stock cat back off after I figured out what was going on with the ninja nipples on the front clamps. That section is heavy! Started piecing together the mbrp section by section under the car, lightly tightened everything up, checked fitment and snugged it down. Fitment was great and it sounds wayyyyy better than stock.

Also, I placed my order yesterday with Beith Performance for my custom Alcantara flat bottom steering wheel and ordered my 91 octane Lund tune/ngauge from Terry.
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1568.JPG

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Sounds like you're going to have a killer build going on there. I'll be watching. You'll like the MBRP more as it "breaks in". Sounds even better after some miles on it. Enjoy, bud!

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Sounds like you're going to have a killer build going on there. I'll be watching. You'll like the MBRP more as it "breaks in". Sounds even better after some miles on it. Enjoy, bud!
Yea it should be sinister once it's finished! Keep an eye out because I move quick lol. I figured the sound would change a bit after a few hundred miles and it's seasoned. Will do brotha!

Sponsored

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
LED's from Diode Dynamics came in the mail yesterday so I tossed them in. I did the interior kit as well as the front markers and switchback turn signals. For some reason the interior dome unit was a pita to remove and I ended up separating the metal clip from the plastic post. Aside from that everything else was fine, but I recommend pulling the two Phillips screws on the vanity and removing it to swap lights. The space is beyond tiny and you will probably lose your stock light behind it anyway. Ask me how I know. The '17 apparently already has a led in the trunk as I found out after removing it.

Front markers and turn signals were super easy and quick to swap out. They look sooooooo much better and really clean up the front end of the car. The new style plastic fender liner clips are the best/easiest I've ever removed...literally push in and pop them out. All in all, the leds really changed the appearance of both the interior and exterior of the car for $100.
IMG_1577.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_1581.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1579.JPG

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Also I received my Zombie black airbag warning stickers which were thick nice quality vinyl. They fit well and got rid of the annoying yellow warning stickers that stare you in the face while driving the car.
IMG_1589.JPG
IMG_1590.JPG
IMG_1591.JPG

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Got a great deal on a lightly used set of performance pack wheels/oem tires over the weekend from one of my local NorCal m6g members. Cleaned them up and swapped them out today...soooooo much better!
IMG_1615.JPG

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Got a great deal on a lightly used set of performance pack wheels/oem tires over the weekend from one of my local NorCal m6g members. Cleaned them up and swapped them out today...soooooo much better!
Definitely much better! :headbang:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
My buddy came by last night and we Air Wrapped my front lip and side skirts in gloss black. We also did the GT, but I removed it because I like the chrome on black to help break it up and stay away from the murdered look. I wrapped the front upper grill stallion with 3m di-noc brushed black to try something different and it came out pretty good for a quick fix. Also I dropped the car off at my tint shop this morning and got the back 3 windows done with 5% and the front 2 in 35% which gives you privacy without drawing unwanted attention from johnny law.
IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_1634.JPG
IMG_1635.JPG
IMG_1636.JPG
IMG_1637.JPG

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
So my buddy came by again yesterday to finish Air Wrapping the front grill stallion and the 5.0 badges. He also did some gloss black vinyl wrap over the amber headlight reflectors and red rear reflectors/markers which cleans it up a lot.
IMG_1645.JPG
IMG_1646.JPG
IMG_1647.JPG

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
My ford Gt350 rear trunk spoiler showed up today! It is well made and the color matches shadow black almost perfectly. I yanked off the stock spoiler, cleaned off the remaining 3m tape and washed the mounting area. Stuck it on, tightened it and buttoned it up. Nice and easy install and I'm super happy with the look it gave the rear of the car!
IMG_1669.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG
IMG_1673.JPG
Sponsored