Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Id be interested in doing the same thing if it works out for you.
I'll let you know how I make out with the fitment for sure.

Hey Love the vinyl on the heat extractors! I did mine in plastidip for now, just to make sure I liked the look before I spent money on a more permanent solution.

I've been thinking about getting a clear bra put on for my build (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16016) but there are so many companies out there. Which did you use and do you recommend it? If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost for the install?
Thank you! Vinyl will definitely look great on yours! I used 3M for the clear bra. I've used them before and have always had good luck with them. I did everything at once, so it helped my price a little, but I would say about $750-850 to do a basic package (hood, front bumper, mirrors). I also did the rear bumper sides to protect from rocks getting kicked up as well as inside the door handles and on the door jamb by the scuff plate.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Update:

The rear PP wheels will fit on the front, but require a wheel spacer to clear properly (not a major deal since there's decent room between the fender and wheel to make it flush). However when messing with the wheels, I found they're kind of heavy and I'm not so sure I want to go adding more weight. I've been messaging with Paul at Need 4 Speed and he has been extremely helpful.

Late last night I started another little project - vinyl on the grille and chrome tail surrounds. I want a simple, clean theme, so I figure eliminating the chrome is a good way to go. I am going to try white vinyl on the chrome to see if the contrast looks good. Got the horse done last night and decided to quit there for the night. Will try to finish everything else tonight. I still have to do a bit more trimming on the horse, but the razor blades I had were cheap crap so I'll have to get more :frusty:. Anyway, here's a couple pics of it so far.
White Horse.jpg
White Horse 2.jpg

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Corsa catback has been ordered through BeefCakeRacing. Went with the black tips- I'm excited to get it and get it on the car.

Have been working a little more with the vinyl, but I definitely have to take my time. I'm not the best with it, that's for sure. I'll stick to painting :thumbsup:. Anyway, here's what I've got so far.
IMAG0703.jpg
IMAG0705.jpg
IMAG0707.jpg

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful car!

Blackdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Terminated, Your car looks awesome man. Nice job, very classy.

Your fellow New Englander (RI),

Rich

Sponsored

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Venom and Blackdog - Thank you both!

Rich, I'm not far from RI at all. Where in RI are you? Maybe when the weather is better I'll take the Mustang down for a ride to Misquamicut beach or something. Would be cool cruise with a fellow S550 owner.

Anyways, here's the finished - well almost finished, I noticed a spot or two I need to trim - product. I think I like it better than black, gives a little contrast. I definitely like it better than the chrome.
IMAG0716.jpg
IMAG0720.jpg

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm not far also, I'd be up for a cruise. Southeastern MA.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
I'm not far also, I'd be up for a cruise. Southeastern MA.
That would be awesome. We should definitely plan something for the spring!

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
Looks great, I love the black on white color combo. I almost went white, but in the end I couldn't resist black on yellow.

Did you do the vinyl on top or under the clear bra? How do you like having the entire front end wrapped as far as appearance goes? I'm trying to decide what I want to do as far as bra coverage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
I agree 100%!!! :first:
Thank you! :cheers:

Looks great, I love the black on white color combo. I almost went white, but in the end I couldn't resist black on yellow.

Did you do the vinyl on top or under the clear bra? How do you like having the entire front end wrapped as far as appearance goes? I'm trying to decide what I want to do as far as bra coverage.
Thanks! I really love the stormtrooper look- white is like an open canvas. If I didn't go with white though, I probably would have gone with the yellow, it's an awesome color!

I actually have it so the clear bra and vinyl are butted together at the edges. I was concerned about the mil thickness of the vinyl causing a gap issue in the bra and leading to dirt getting in and eventual failure. Appearance wise, I love it. I keep the car very clean, and keep the edges of the bra clean so you honestly can't even tell that it's there. I would definitely recommend doing it. Better than respraying later down the road!

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Where did you get the mats?
The mats are from Lloyds Mats, but they actually came from Amazon. They had the lowest price for the mats and trunk mat together, surprisingly.

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
I actually have it so the clear bra and vinyl are butted together at the edges. I was concerned about the mil thickness of the vinyl causing a gap issue in the bra and leading to dirt getting in and eventual failure. Appearance wise, I love it. I keep the car very clean, and keep the edges of the bra clean so you honestly can't even tell that it's there. I would definitely recommend doing it. Better than respraying later down the road!
Wow that's pretty impressive, having the vinyl and bra side by side so seamlessly.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Nice car! I didn't think I'd like the white vinyl over the chrome but it actually turned out nice. It blends with the car a lot nicer than the chrome. What are you going to do with the chrome around the taillights, if anything?
Sponsored