can rev match be turned off

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
i figured out what is causing my issue with my 2018 A10 car when coming to a stop. it always felt like the car was initially pushing forward briefly when coming to a stop. today i figured out it bumps the rpm when automatically downshifting and coming to a stop and i don't like it. can it be turned off?
Sponsored

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
i figured out what is causing my issue with my 2018 A10 car when coming to a stop. it always felt like the car was initially pushing forward briefly when coming to a stop. today i figured out it bumps the rpm when automatically downshifting and coming to a stop and i don't like it. can it be turned off?
Yeah I too experience this, it's really off putting. As you approach a stop it lurches you forward causing you to have to aggressively manage braking pressure. Super super annoying.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
What shifter (D or S) position and what drive mode?

Try D in normal drive mode OR even manual shifting in S in "normal/S", S+, Track without downshifting for stops. D and normal work very well for me. My recollection is that if I don't downshift with the paddles when in manual mode downshifts happen at the last minute and are smooth similar to being in D and normal mode. However, you have to remember that you are still in manual mode in regard to upshifts as you accelerate.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I experience this in D normal :(
In normal it really shouldnā€™t do this.
FWIW, in Sport/Sport+/Track, the previous A6 was much worse. In my A10 test drives it was a 200-ish rpm blip, on my current A6 itā€™s 500-700rpm and makes you sound like a kid with his first manual. :frusty:

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
This was an issue with my '95 GT. Had to upgrade to Cobra brakes because pony wanted to keep running.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I experience this in D normal :(
Does this happen all or most of the time or maybe after "spirited driving" in S or S+ or Track modes or even D normal? I MAY have experienced D normal doing the rev matching after "spirited driving" in other modes and maybe even D normal but haven't really tested this yet.

That said, D normal downshifts in my car are barely noticeable when puttering around in traffic.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I notice this too in Sport+, but not in Normal mode. Another issue I have is that in Normal it seems to wait a bit to long to downshift at times. For example when slowing down for a stop light, if it turns green and you hit the gas to accelerate it is reluctant to downshift unless you give it a decent amount of pedal, and since the rpm are low at that point, it feels bogged down and stuck in that rpm when it should be downshifting. My ā€˜06 downshifted much earlier and with less pedal.

Enchilada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My transmission has always shifted hard from 1-2 and 2-3 both up and down. Mine doesnā€™t rev match, it just goes into gear VERY firm, which is kinda annoying because itā€™s a little jerky. It feels like itā€™s still learning even though Iā€™m at 3k miles. Debating on taking it in and having a rep drive it to see if itā€™s normal. Iā€™ll disconnect the battery and have it relearn before then...

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
it only rev matches in any other mode other then snow and normal.

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Thats engine braking if its downshifting while braking, and no its baked into the transmission electronic controls. The reason i hate all new auto vehicles

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I notice this too in Sport+, but not in Normal mode. Another issue I have is that in Normal it seems to wait a bit to long to downshift at times. For example when slowing down for a stop light, if it turns green and you hit the gas to accelerate it is reluctant to downshift unless you give it a decent amount of pedal, and since the rpm are low at that point, it feels bogged down and stuck in that rpm when it should be downshifting. My ā€˜06 downshifted much earlier and with less pedal.
Have to tried using the downshift paddle to get a quick downshift in the situation you described? If you are in D normal the trans will automatically revert to automatic mode :) about 3 seconds after paddle use unless you are coasting with no gas.

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
What shifter (D or S) position and what drive mode?

Try D in normal drive mode OR even manual shifting in S in "normal/S", S+, Track without downshifting for stops. D and normal work very well for me. My recollection is that if I don't downshift with the paddles when in manual mode downshifts happen at the last minute and are smooth similar to being in D and normal mode. However, you have to remember that you are still in manual mode in regard to upshifts as you accelerate.
I have experienced this since day one. always in D shifter position and regular driving modes with very easy low speed driving. the issue is most annoying when just coming to a stop. in my case it cant be related to paddle usage as i don't use them, especially in low speed driving through my neighborhood

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
When I rented one two weeks ago I noticed this a bit, it wasnā€™t something I thought was a big deal. I seemed to notice it less as the days went on. Interesting for sure. Wont stop me from getting the A10 though.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have experienced this since day one. always in D shifter position and regular driving modes with very easy low speed driving. the issue is most annoying when just coming to a stop. in my case it cant be related to paddle usage as i don't use them, especially in low speed driving through my neighborhood
Interesting. I just did a mixture of puttering around and the complete opposite of puttering around ;), all in normal drive mode and mostly in D. None of the "coming to a stop" downshifts were "rev match" like in S normal or S+ or S in Track. My car is a GTPP with 301A and MagneRide build date 12/21.

I can "feel" the final 2 or 3 downshifts in D normal but nothing like in the other modes.

I hope this helps define at least one version of "normal".

Edit to add: Nannies were on (T/C and Advance Trac).
Sponsored