Sponsored

Dragy acceleration timer

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium/Auto, Oxford/Redline
Hey all, I don't know if it's been talked about yet because the search function didn't work for me, but I wanted to share my experience with the Dragy performance meter. I was going to purchase a more expensive peformance meter in the next month or so but learned of the Dragy unit on the Audi forums (i also have an rs3 and wanted to verify performance increase after some mods). I ordered it off Amazon for $149 and took it with me to the drag strip last night to see how accurate it was. They claim it is accurate as the much more expensive units and they were right. I ran my Mustang 8 times and the biggest variance from Bradenton's timers was .06 ([email protected] actual, [email protected] dragy). The other runs were all within .02-.04 and the speeds were all within 1 mph. I was very impressed with the unit and it also has a ranking system that you can put your times into against other users (lots of Euro cars in there right now, hardly any domestics yet). Anyways, I am not affiliated in any way with this company and had never even heard of it before I saw it earlier this week on the forums. Just wanted to share a product that works well for not much money.
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not a self contained unit and requires external use of another device for monitoring purposes.

Performance Box costs more, but is a stand alone unit.

That one important note aside, what I'm really interested in is seeing how accurate/inaccurate Ford's Track Apps are by comparison. My guess is Track Apps are not in the least bit accurate.

Do a 0-60 and/or quarter mile test of both and get back to us ...

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
The 0-60 track app should be pretty accurate, all you have to do is peg the moment the wheel starts moving and the moment you hit 60mph. The car should be able to identify those two data points pretty easily.

Now, the quarter mile time in the track app won't be accurate. Keep in mind that if you have any wheel spin whatsoever, the car won't be able to keep track of how far you've gone accurately enough to provide an accurate time.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Isn't the uncertainty of how much rollout you get on any given run going to mess with ETs by these timers vs ETs by strip timing?

Norm
Sponsored