Sponsored

Trade w/ positive equity for a GT lease.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
How did I argue against it? Do tell.
You didn't. I was being sarcastic.

My '15 GT is like new as it is with low miles. It'll probably have 25K miles on it by 2020 and still look/drive like new. I've never made a payment on it or interest and paid way less than a new one. Plusit came with some awesome mods that I would have wanted to do anyway.

If you enjoy/can afford making $500 car payments forever as long as you have a new car every few years, go for it.

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
Geee, so much hate towards leasing a car haha. People who say they don't understand it is because..well, people are different and they have different values. To call it stupid is pretty ignorant though. It's like non car people saying modifying a car is stupid. To them it's just a car. To most of us, modifying a car ins't stupid because we get a certain joy out it. Non car people don't get any joy in modifications, so they don't see any value.

To some people, a lease is an easy way to continue having a new car every 2-3 years. That's exactly what they value. A new car, every 2-3 years. If they value that so much, how would purchasing a car every 2-3 years make sense to them? I've never leased a car, and probably never will because I value not having a car payment, and I value getting the most use out of things. But I'm open minded enough to know not everyone is like me.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
You didn't. I was being sarcastic.

My '15 GT is like new as it is with low miles. It'll probably have 25K miles on it by 2020 and still look/drive like new. I've never made a payment on it or interest and paid way less than a new one. Plusit came with some awesome mods that I would have wanted to do anyway.

If you enjoy/can afford making $500 car payments forever as long as you have a new car every few years, go for it.
$400.
$500 would have been financing and stuck in the same vehicle. Something tells me I’ll enjoy my 2018/2019 more than my 2016, just like how I enjoy my 2016 more than the 2013 I had previously. Sure, I could buy and trade every 3 years instead of leasing, but that makes less sense than just leasing.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Geee, so much hate towards leasing a car haha. People who say they don't understand it is because..well, people are different and they have different values. To call it stupid is pretty ignorant though. It's like non car people saying modifying a car is stupid. To them it's just a car. To most of us, modifying a car ins't stupid because we get a certain joy out it. Non car people don't get any joy in modifications, so they don't see any value.

To some people, a lease is an easy way to continue having a new car every 2-3 years. That's exactly what they value. A new car, every 2-3 years. If they value that so much, how would purchasing a car every 2-3 years make sense to them? I've never leased a car, and probably never will because I value not having a car payment, and I value getting the most use out of things. But I'm open minded enough to know not everyone is like me.

Its just funny listening to people who throw away $15k-$20k every 3 years try to justify why they do it. In 15 years worth of leases, you've literally thrown away $100k in cash with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its just funny listening to people who throw away $15k-$20k every 3 years try to justify why they do it. In 15 years worth of leases, you've literally thrown away $100k in cash with absolutely nothing to show for it.
What’s the financial difference of purchasing a new car every 2-3 years vs leasing?
BTW, “nothing to show for it”? I guess having the car for the term is “nothing”. :shrug:

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott
What’s the financial difference of purchasing a new car every 2-3 years vs leasing?
BTW, “nothing to show for it”? I guess having the car for the term is “nothing”. :shrug:
the point is why in the world would you want/need a new car every 2-3 years!?!? thats what everyone is saying. the post above is correct, $100k in 15 years gone, but you now get to lease another one and lose another $4k/year just to give it back to them in the end. :headbonk::headbonk: your essentially renting from enterprise because u give it back when your done paying them to use their car??

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the point is why in the world would you want/need a new car every 2-3 years!?!? thats what everyone is saying. the post above is correct, $100k in 15 years gone, but you now get to lease another one and lose another $4k/year just to give it back to them in the end. :headbonk::headbonk: your essentially renting from enterprise because u give it back when your done paying them to use their car??
Why in the world would you want to drive an old outdated car for 10+ years? :headbonk: :headbonk: :headbonk: :doh:

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Why in the world would you want to drive an old outdated car for 10+ years? :headbonk: :headbonk: :headbonk: :doh:
It all depends on your perspective and what you want.

My DD is not a Mustang but a 2010 SHO. Bought it at the end of 2009. Has all the bells and whistles. Love the vehicle and at 123k it's been 100% rock solid. Still looks great except the normal stuff a 123k vehicle has.

Rolled right into a used 2011 F150 Lariat. Also in great condition and will probably have it until I retire.

Ordered the Mustang Saturday. The Mustang is my "toy" and our fun car.

Buying allowed me to pay them off early and get something else. For our needs we need a truck (camper) and car (long commute) so buying and driving an older but still up to date vehicle works for us.

It all depends on what you want and value. There is no wrong option. Some will want a new car every few years and others will want no payments.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
People that value having $80k worth of payments in their bank account. My paid off 11 year old Nissan Sentra daily driver with near 200k miles does everything your endless cycle of 2-3 year old cars do. Oh and i can also drive it freely without worrying being penalized for going over my yearly mileage limit LOL. If youre one of those impulse buyers who lives that "keep up with jones" lifestyle, Just say that instead of trying to justify why you like throwing crazy amounts of money in the trash on a borrowed car every 2-3 years that you cant even mod or do anything to

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
So, if money wasn’t an issue for you, you wouldn’t want to drive a new car every few years?

In your 15 years example, he got to the drive a car he wanted to be in for 15 years. Huge value in that.

Might it cost a little more the owning a car he didn’t want to be in? Problably, but so what? You get what you pay for.

He has the money, so why shouldn’t he get what he wants out of it.

Life isn’t always about saving that last dollar.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
People that value having $80k worth of payments in their bank account. My paid off 11 year old Nissan Sentra daily driver with near 200k miles does everything your endless cycle of 2-3 year old cars do. Oh and i can also drive it freely without worrying being penalized for going over my yearly mileage limit LOL. If youre one of those impulse buyers who lives that "keep up with jones" lifestyle, Just say that instead of trying to justify why you like throwing crazy amounts of money in the trash on a borrowed car every 2-3 years that you cant even mod or do anything to
+1. Most people don’t have the $ to throw away but some throw it away anyway.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I personally don't lease cars, but lease does make sense for the OP since he likes to switch cars every 3 or so years. Besides, there will be less opportunities for used cars if people don't lease them.

rambunctious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A 50's hotrod, 2011 Diesel Superduty
does anyone in this thread own a fliphone?
why not? it can still drive you to work....I mean make phone calls...

its all relative
as I mentioned, it depends on

expendable income
desire for the features of a newer model
length desired to own the vehicle
interest rate/ lease money factor
vehicle depreciation rate
Sponsored