Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
It’s the question that has boggled driving-enthusiasts’ minds for nearly a century. And it still lingers.

What’s your favorite road to drive and why? What’s your favorite in the US, Europe, and elsewhere?

If you’re curious on Alpine roads and how they stand, check out my plan to analyze the best 5 passes this August, enjoy:

And now Episode 2:

Sponsored

Last edited:

MrMcCroder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST
Im going to say either....

1) salmon falls rd. to highway 49 towards coloma up in sacramento, CA due to the scenery, and the road itself is great for "spirited driving" and its relatively low traffic

2) Highway 80 towards Reno/sparks nevada from Sacramento. 2 lanes each way but great views going through the sierra nevadas

3) Topanga Canyon in southern california heading from the san fernando valley towards malibu, very tight, heavily populated but a nice drive nonetheless

4) Stunt Road in Malibu, CA. tons of elevation gain and relatively low traffic makes for some great views of the coastline when you get to the summit

5) Pacific Coast Highway.... for obvious reasons

6) Onion Valley Road just outside of a little town called Independence on Highway 395, Ryan Tuerck (however you spell his name) made a video of it and its on youtube for your viewing pleasure. Probably the least known of all the roads I mentioned, poor tarmac but an awesome switch back up towards onion valley and probably best to do in late spring, good campsites in the area or if your heading up to Mammoth Mountain its worth the 20ish mile detour just to see it.

theres a ton more but those are the real stand out road that I personally know off that come to mind.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
[ame]

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
SH 130 in Austin, TX.

SH130-85_1.jpg

65 stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt 6 speed p/p premium r/r 65 hardtop 289
State Highway 36 from 101 to Interstate 5 in northern California, 120 miles of corners and no cops !

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I'd have to go with highway 1 north of San Francisco. Scenery is stunning and the roads have been freshly paved. And in the off season you'll rarely see other cars. Just did this drive a couple days ago and it was stunning.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Exit 812 to get to COTA :D :thumbsup:
Screw the roads! I want to drive my Mustang on COTA! I love that track so much and so do all the F1 drivers.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
The Blue Ridge Parkway through the Great Smokey Mountains of North Carolina, (it's close to home). Followed closely by The Mother Road, Route 66.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap
Yes! I did not think I would enjoy the dragon in my GT due to how large it is and how tight the road winds, but it is a blast!!! I actually enjoyed driving the Mustang through the dragon better than my Daytona 675 haha.
Sponsored