Sponsored

Renting a GT This friday to enjoy for the day, any tips to maximize experience?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Not good. Of all the services out there it seems car rental company and often agents are the worst.
Sponsored

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Why deal with Budget when they cannot produce? Go to Hertz.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow

WattsND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 V6, 2018 GT Premium
Agree with these guys on Hertz. It's more expensive, usually - but I've never been let down by them. All others I have used are a crap shoot.

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I rented one from Hertz about 2 weeks ago.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97991

$113 (about 24 hr rental)

Line Lock was DISABLED! lol.

Yep, I did attempt to try it :D

I rented a 2018 GT Premium, PP1, recaro form hertz two weeks ago, line lock worked great....filled the Marriott parking garage with sweet smelling tire smoke...pretty sure everyones cars smelled like it in the morning....1AM is fun

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
put it into Track Mode.

Dont crash it. Go somewhere where you can lose control of it so you know how it acts, then go womp around town like a bat outta hell

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
I rented a 2018 GT Premium, PP1, recaro form hertz two weeks ago, line lock worked great....filled the Marriott parking garage with sweet smelling tire smoke...pretty sure everyones cars smelled like it in the morning....1AM is fun
Noooooooooooo

:headbang:

OP
OP
Dory

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I feel kind of silly giving them a third chance, but they say they "definitely" have a mustang for me in the morning and she used that word three times. Maybe that equals 3% chance? Wish me luck!

OP
OP
Dory

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well, they came through for me! 2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red with Blackout Package and 10 speed Auto. I think I spent 7 hours driving it today. First I took the niece and nephew to Home Depot for the monthly building workshop and they made periscopes. I think they enjoyed the car. After I took them home I went to a bunch of fish stores all over town to look and coral and fish and then took my dad and step dad for a ride. Then I showed the grandparents and then spent about 3 hours just driving it around and around my neighborhood. I put about 250 miles on it and about 1.25 tanks of gas. I got so tired and hungry I had to stop and come home.

I really love the car. Around town almost every start that I could was WOT and every stop was engine breaking through gears 3, 2 and 1. Everyone heard me coming and going even if they did not see me. I had a special music CD burned and it was just a really good time!

Update: I woke up at 5:30 AM this morning to get a few more hours in before I had to drop it off at 9. In total I got 355 miles in during my 24 hour rental. I found a parking lot without lamp posts and disabled the advanced traction control and let nature take its course :)

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

xdxqO4V.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Then what happened?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Well, they came through for me! 2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red with Blackout Package and 10 speed Auto. I think I spent 7 hours driving it today. First I took the niece and nephew to Home Depot for the monthly building workshop and they made periscopes. I think they enjoyed the car. After I took them home I went to a bunch of fish stores all over town to look and coral and fish and then took my dad and step dad for a ride. Then I showed the grandparents and then spent about 3 hours just driving it around and around my neighborhood. I put about 250 miles on it and about 1.25 tanks of gas. I got so tired and hungry I had to stop and come home.

I really love the car. Around town almost every start that I could was WOT and every stop was engine breaking through gears 3, 2 and 1. Everyone heard me coming and going even if they did not see me. I had a special music CD burned and it was just a really good time!

Update: I woke up at 5:30 AM this morning to get a few more hours in before I had to drop it off at 9. In total I got 355 miles in during my 24 hour rental. I found a parking lot without lamp posts and disabled the advanced traction control and let nature take its course :)
Wow, that's more than me and I've owned the car for a week, lol.

sed6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Buy the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) they offer for $15-20. It will absolve you of any damage you do to the vehicle and you won't have to turn in a claim to your insurance company. Everything from a door ding to a total loss is covered. Never rent any car without buying their CDW.

Edit-oops, see I'm too late. Glad you enjoyed. Still good advice.

Davestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I just snorted my coffee...thanks! LOL

Too funny!

hookers and blow

cover the seats with DNA and clam chowder....
Sponsored