CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Attention Conspiracy Theorists:

Since it's too !$!@^&! cold to go out and do outdoor projects, I have been doing some minor interior detailing and catching up on TV shows.

In the latest "X-Files" show, Agent Mulder is driving a nice silver coupe in a chase scene with a Dodge Charger (hmmm...shades of Bullitt?).

His Mustang sounds like a GT, goes like a GT (e.g. rapid acceleration to 110 mph) but has the markings of a V-6?

His phone is not sync'd to the audio system, and I don't see any fancy boost gauges.

Has anyone else been watching this show and have opinions? Is this another Hollywood example of dubbed-in sound to add excitement?

This is critical information-much more so than the upcoming possible Bullitt being auctioned this January or the inpending roar of the soon-to-be GT 500!!! ;);)

Chime in...because there's something out there........

CVCashmere
Sponsored

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium
Yes, I noticed it too. It's pretty common for Movies and TV shows to use the cheapest model of a car during filming. The exhaust sound definitely did not match the car being used.

On the bright side, I did enjoy the X-files episode.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
One brief interior shot revealed the base SYNC calculator stereo. All the sound is added in post production so that doesn't matter at all.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yeah, 99.999% of viewers don't notice the car, much less the little details.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, sound is ALWAYS redone in post production.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Yea, fir example, the sounds for the Mustang in Bullitt weren’t even from a Mustang.

My favorite Mustang appearance in recent media is in The Punisher Netflix series :D
That was a great one.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
A lot times they will rent the car from Hertz and thrash it for the shoot and return it.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Ford has been a long-time sponsor of X-files. The good guys virtually always drive Fords, if not the standard police Crown Vic, lately it's been Explorers. And everyone knows bad guys drive Mopar.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Anyone record the show and can offer up a sreen shot. Also, they sub exhaust all the time. The Challenger in the original Vanishing Point has a Mustang exhaust because it sounded better.

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
Ford has been a long-time sponsor of X-files. The good guys virtually always drive Fords, if not the standard police Crown Vic, lately it's been Explorers. And everyone knows bad guys drive Mopar.
Correct. I believe the bad guy chasing Mulder in the recent episode was driving a late model Charger. Bullitt in reverse?

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
Anyone record the show and can offer up a sreen shot. Also, they sub exhaust all the time. The Challenger in the original Vanishing Point has a Mustang exhaust because it sounded better.
Fun Fact: The car used for the car crash at the end of Vanishing Point was a Camaro, not Challenger !!
Sponsored