OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Ill get the options added to the site today for battery kit only without the catch can.

The small battery will not be as robust as the factory battery in very cold climates or if you run lots of accessories. However I've been running this setup on my 2016 for a few weeks and have not noticed a single difference. You cant tell its on there.

If you plan to leave the car set for more than a few weeks at a time we recommend a battery tender.

Kelly has been running this battery for 3 years I believe with no issues as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Great! Thanks!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I like that this is packaged together like that, wasn't a fan of catch cans floating around in my engine bay.

Curious about how big of a PIA the catch can will be to empty though. It is pretty big from the video I watched but eventually it will need to be emptied. I assume the cover, the battery leads, and potentially the battery have to be removed to get the catch can out to empty it.

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
I like that this is packaged together like that, wasn't a fan of catch cans floating around in my engine bay.

Curious about how big of a PIA the catch can will be to empty though. It is pretty big from the video I watched but eventually it will need to be emptied. I assume the cover, the battery leads, and potentially the battery have to be removed to get the catch can out to empty it.
Its pretty simple. You will need to remove the cover and disconnect the lines going to the can. Once you do that remove the 4 M6 bolts holding it to the plate and the can will come out. You do not need to remove the battery.

Ben

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Its pretty simple. You will need to remove the cover and disconnect the lines going to the can. Once you do that remove the 4 M6 bolts holding it to the plate and the can will come out. You do not need to remove the battery.

Ben
How often have you, or anyone who has been running it, have to empty it out? mileage estimate?

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
How permanent is this option? Would it be a lot of work to use the lightweight battery in the summer and go back the stock battery every winter?
The only permanent modification is to the battery compartment divider where you drill holes for the lines to go out to the valve cover and vent. You can purchase that part from Ford for about $65. Everything else is bolt on/off.

There really is no reason to switch it back though. We just did a video of starting my car in single digit weather after sitting for 24 hours and it started fine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
How often have you, or anyone who has been running it, have to empty it out? mileage estimate?
It will depend on what type of fuel you run, E85 cars will need to empty more often. Boosted cars will need emptied more often as well. However the can is large enough it should not need emptied more than once a year on an average car.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
The only permanent modification is to the battery compartment divider where you drill holes for the lines to go out to the valve cover and vent. You can purchase that part from Ford for about $65. Everything else is bolt on/off.

There really is no reason to switch it back though. We just did a video of starting my car in single digit weather after sitting for 24 hours and it started fine.
Where I am, single digit weather would be a warm spell. -20 for a week isn't unusual here. I depend on my car for daily driving and don't want to take a chance on cold weather starts.

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Im sorry to hear that!!

But yes you can pretty easily swap back and forth.

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Black will be an option soon! Billet parts are all anodized and the catch can itself will be powder coated. For anyone wanting that full murdered out look you can add this option for $100.

I only did two sets of these for now so supply is limited, ill coat more if you guys like the option.

black-logo-plate.jpg

black-battery-tray-bottom.jpg
Sponsored