Sponsored

TRIPLE YELLOW S550 MUSTANG Thread

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
My pics from Thursday. That guy in the Packers jacket ruins the second one a little bit, lol. I know they're kind of big. You can open them in a new tab for better viewing. I wanted to see how well the old S4 could capture the color.
20140213_101247[1].jpg
20140213_101300[1].jpg
20140213_101312[1].jpg
20140213_111927[1].jpg
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Does the Mustang typically offer the option of painted calipers? That yellow car with matching yellow calipers behind those black wheels would look pretty great, IMO.

-T

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I don't know how many have noticed it but You can clearly see the opening from the Fog Light/Brake Duct housing through to the Front Wheelhouse in this pic.

attachment.jpg

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The openings don't lend themselves to brake ducts as they point straight out in front of the wheels. Brake cooling ducts need to go behind the wheels. I think they are there for drag reduction.

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The openings don't lend themselves to brake ducts as they point straight out in front of the wheels. Brake cooling ducts need to go behind the wheels. I think they are there for drag reduction.
I agree. I'm sure they are open purely for aerodynamics. I just dont know how many had noticed the actual opening. I only used the Fog Light/Brake Duct Housing description as traditionally those Housings are where the Brake Cooling Ducts should be. I know the Air should be directed over the Rotors/Calipers from an Inboard Duct and Vented/Exhausted out through the spokes into the flow of air around the Body for proper Brake Cooling.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I agree. I'm sure they are open purely for aerodynamics. I just dont know how many had noticed the actual opening. I only used the Fog Light/Brake Duct Housing description as traditionally those Housings are where the Brake Cooling Ducts should be. I know the Air should be directed over the Rotors/Calipers from an Inboard Duct and Vented/Exhausted out through the spokes into the flow of air around the Body for proper Brake Cooling.

For all we know, pulling the actual fog light out might yield the perfect spot for cooling ducts like the Boss/CS lower fascia. I'm hopefully and I think those openings are a nice little touch of detail even if they aren't 100% functional.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree on both counts Grimace. With proper ducting the Fog Light openings could probably be turned into functional Brake Ducts, and I think the openings are a very nice touch too. It would have been much easier to have just mounted those housings flush, but the fact that the designers went that little bit extra to add the opening all the way through to the Wheelhouse.

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197

First TY ecoboost/base that I have seen. I'm assuming this is FRAP so are they building more pre production cars for the auto show rounds or is this tooling trial?

Regardless, I really hope whoever said the painted diffuser is a trimlevel issue is right. No likey the way that looks....... especially in a bold color like yellow.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
thx for that pic
less artificial lightning (not the auto-show-mega-lights everywhere),
silver rims and the painted diffusor
make a big Change: less harsh contrasts, it Looks fantastic

Sponsored

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
That fully painted diffusor looks even more hideous than the red one we've seen. :barf:

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
That fully painted diffusor looks even more hideous than the red one we've seen. :barf:
If they come fully painted, I will be flat-blacking mine. Within minutes of getting it home...

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
Really? The diffusor here has yellow in "the middle" and black plastic around it. I am kind of neutral to its style.

The red car which was literally all RED body colored was fugly.
Sponsored