Sponsored

73mm bbk throttle body upgrade!

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Just upgraded my throttle body and I actually really like it. Read everywhere that it doesn't really do anything but thats not true. It was pretty hard to make my car chirp the tires but after the install, my tires basically chirp everywhere. It reduced that delay that this car has that everyone hates and gave it a nice boost in the lower RPM range. Even made the car idle a bit louder. Over all, I'm happy with this purchase.

Sponsored

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
I literally have same setup roush CAI + BBK 73mm ... agreed car chirps now without much effort :) waiting to get it tuned by MPT for even more chirping ;)

I see a spacer did you add it with 73 mm TB ? How does it fit ?

OP
OP

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I literally have same setup roush CAI + BBK 73mm ... agreed car chirps now without much effort :) waiting to get it tuned by MPT for even more chirping ;)

I see a spacer did you add it with 73 mm TB ? How does it fit ?
I had the spacer on before the new throttle body. I'm sure it'll fit but the opening on it is smaller so I didn't want to use it with the new throttle body.

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
ill be upgrading to this if my warranty replaced tb fails as well

Sponsored

Tall Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 2015 F350 Lariat 6.2L
I believe its 68mm's.

I would say so. I definitely noticed an improvement. I used the forum discount code from americanmuscle. I don't regret it
didn't know we had one ?

OP
OP

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
What's the discount code? Lol
I would pm AMAlexLazarus and ask him for one. I don't wanna post up mine and end up getting it not working anymore. I still need it to buy the rims that I want from that website. :D

didn't know we had one ?
The throttle body? Yep, its the same one that works on the 14's and under.

Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i was looking at this too any ideas on what cai to pair it with? my accelarating response is has gotten weak i believe or i just want to go faster cant tell which one came first lol

scooter550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang in Comp Orange
Did anyone install one of these and get reimbursed by dealer/Ford for the defective TB recall? If so- how much $ did you get ?
I was thinking this would be a good time to do this, since the rebate should help offset the cost.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Did anyone install one of these and get reimbursed by dealer/Ford for the defective TB recall? If so- how much $ did you get ?
I was thinking this would be a good time to do this, since the rebate should help offset the cost.
theres was a defect tb recall?

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Not really a recall, but certain v6s made within a time frame had issues with defective throttle bodies. Ford issued a notice for affected v6s.

I don't think there is a recommended cai to use with BBK TB. You just use what you have or want.

scooter550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang in Comp Orange
Jon 3.7- As FUSE stated there is a Customer Service Program 16B32, which states-
"On your vehicle, the electric throttle body may develop contamination and result in the vehicle entering a protective low-speed mode......"
The letter advises to bring car or set up an appointment to get the TB replaced at no charge.
I was thinking I could buy the BBK 73MM unit and have Ford/dealer rereimburse me for the defective part, to offset my costs.
I have a 2016 V6
Sponsored