NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

for those asking about the bluetooth disconnect issue with Android, with the newest 17276 it is gone!!!!!!!! rock solid connection for me, when I would drive to work (only a 5mi drive) it used to disconnect about 15 times in that short drive.
Please tell me you have an S8?!!!!!!

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I didnt know what was until today I noticed my BT wouldnt connect at times, I'd think not much of it and continue driving, until I noticed it does decide to not connect at times and im on 17194, and my edge with 2.2 would stay connected
I had one disconnection leaving work yesterday, been solid otherwise

I'm confused by the wording of your post. Are you saying you are experiencing BT connection issues with the bootleg 3.0?
17194 had a serious BT disconnection issue, I am not experiencing it on this latest build 17276 does not exhibit this issue

Please tell me you have an S8?!!!!!!
I do :thumbsup:

Sponsored

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes please!

Kostyam69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
WIFI popup fix

*You must have a WIFI network to connect to. I used my phone as a hotspot.

When WIFI window pops up:
1 Enable the hotspot on your phone (or be able to connect to a trusted wifi)
2 Touch view networks on screen
3 Connect to your hotspot/wifi SSID
4 Once connected goto Settings > General >Automatic System Updates
5 Press > Scan for Updates Now

Last checked for updates will show the current date and time. Thats it.
I actually tried this method yesterday and it didn't work or me, I'm assuming it has to do with my Sync 3 system being pulled from a 2017 Ford Fusion, and sync services just provide no OTA support to me anymore because of the VIN# mismatch.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Im just wondering if its worth doing the update to 17276 since Im worried about messing up nav voice commands

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
17276 is what you'll see popping up on dealer lots shortly, if not there already. A few vehicle lines are shipping now.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
17276 is what you'll see popping up on dealer lots shortly, if not there already. A few vehicle lines are shipping now.
steve is there anyway you can confirm if this leaked version has the complete voice command related files as the ones shipping to dealers?

Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Appears so. It has (last I checked) the -CD voice package. If you're running the 17194 nav build that was floating around, you're using an older -CC package where some things won't work as expected.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Appears so. It has (last I checked) the -CD voice package. If you're running the 17194 nav build that was floating around, you're using an older -CC package where some things won't work as expected.
I feel better about it thanks

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
bump for EU version?
I have some good news, a friend from UK who shared the google drive with EU 17276 package said the non-nav version is in there, just gotta delete other files, heres his post

"Inside is one small file that only checks if you have nav or non nav version i did not know that before. But that does not matter. The only one new file that this newer build has is this app package: JR3T-14G381-AJ.
So you can delete all the files just keep this one and edit the autoilstall.lst accordingly:
Just rename the head line like this: [SYNCGen3.0_ALL]"

5a83694ed6cfb0d4.png

16RRGT

Roush Phase 1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT; 85, 69 Camaro, 2000 F350 Dsl Dually
I actually tried this method yesterday and it didn't work or me, I'm assuming it has to do with my Sync 3 system being pulled from a 2017 Ford Fusion, and sync services just provide no OTA support to me anymore because of the VIN# mismatch.
I tried this as well, on the system that came with the car... no joy.

I've read that the problem may be the phone.. I have the 3.0 cursed Galaxy S8.

RNMAAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible CS
Same here.

1. I used a 4GB drive, did not reformat it, and removed some files to leave me about 2.5GB.
  2. Put the launcher file and tar folder at the root level. Then plugged it into the dash USB port during a long drive. Within 15-20 minutes it completed.
  3. Restarted the car during a stop sign (opening the door to get it to shut off right away). Then the display kept thinking it was nighttime, so I turned on, then off, my headlights to sort that out. Weird.
  4. Nav maps kept saying loading. So I cycled the car again at another stop and then everything worked normally again.
  5. Then I went through the Android auto steps (requiring yet another stop).
Everything seems 100%.
I had a similar experience, except I used a new USB drive that was empty, and I turned Bluetooth and Wifi off.

3.0 icons and Maps look better upon initial review. I can't comment about Android Auto as I don't use it as I use Waze directly from my phone.

Unfortunately Waze voice alerts still come from the phone even though my phone is connected by Bluetooth and powered through the USB port.
Sponsored