Sponsored

2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The Roush mufflers sound like an angry trombone. Kudos to them, I don't know how they did it because I started her up after chopping off the stock mufflers and the car sounded like a '52 Chevy. Obviously the resonator takes more of the sound away than the stock mufflers. Somehow Roush puts the music back. Cruising around in Sport mode is a delight. Tooling around at low rpm's (1500) in 4th or 5th not it's strong point.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Grabbed these two tonight of mine, both are windows down.

[ame]

[ame]

First is just a pull leading up to an on-ramp and the other is just real quick going through an underpass so it kinda echoed back.

I really want to get some driveby clips or hear someone else drive it by to get a real idea of the sound. I kept the stock resonator just in case I sound like a fart-can Civic!

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I’ve seen a few people on YouTube rocking the corsa xtreme catback from the gt into the v6..... has anyone here done that?? I wonder if that setup has any drone.... I’m getting sick and tired of the Magnaflow / xpipe drone its driving me crazy

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I’ve seen a few people on YouTube rocking the corsa xtreme catback from the gt into the v6..... has anyone here done that?? I wonder if that setup has any drone.... I’m getting sick and tired of the Magnaflow / xpipe drone its driving me crazy
Add some hemoltz tubes or replace the x-pipe with an enclosed dual in out x pipe muffler/resonator. I have both on my exhaust and the exhaust note is clean with the smallest exhaust rumble driving at cruise speeds.

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Grabbed these two tonight of mine, both are windows down.

First is just a pull leading up to an on-ramp and the other is just real quick going through an underpass so it kinda echoed back.

I really want to get some driveby clips or hear someone else drive it by to get a real idea of the sound. I kept the stock resonator just in case I sound like a fart-can Civic!
How are you are you holding your shifts outside sport mode?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Could be the way it's adjusted to me, but at WOT it'll hold the gear longer and lately I've been doing similar under the overpass to work and it'll let me blip without shifting up every time.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I just purchased the corsa xtreme catback system hopefully it bolts right up like how people are claiming they do

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
No reason it shouldn't, you may have to fix the way the tips hang just a bit but everything else should bolt right in. May be nice to have a second set of hands just so it is easier to handle.

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
The Corsa systems do bolt right on but you need a 2.25" to 3" adapter since the corsa systems are 3" diameter.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't it come with the adapter? Seems kinda silly to sell a $1k+ exhaust system ($1600 new for the Xtreme) and not include a necessary adapter.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Downshifting in tunnels

Going through the 2nd street tunnel in Los Angeles. My apologies for the poor quality, but it was shot with a cell phone since I don't have a GoPro and proper mic. I made sure this video was shot in safe manner...no one was in front of me, I did not exceed speed limit, and braked early.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/967959926599734/permalink/1862921123770272/

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
Doesn't it come with the adapter? Seems kinda silly to sell a $1k+ exhaust system ($1600 new for the Xtreme) and not include a necessary adapter.
It is for the GT so it comes with a 2.5" to 3" adapter but the V6 exhaust is 2.25".

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
I bought an adapter for like $15 from summit racing for my setup.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I'm thinking of changing to the LMR GT axle backs from the stock GT exhaust. Do you guys think it'll sound funny or it'll be similar to the LMR v6 axle back?
Sponsored