BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Haha. You guys responded without the poll. The numbers are just something I pulled out of the hat. You know someone on a forum that shall not be named is saying low 700s :(. Don’t know how credible it is, but it’s weaksauce
No need to wait on the poll :D, it was just a guess, but if BMac voted 800 as I did, I feel preeeeeeety good about my guess :cheers:
Sponsored

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
No need to wait on the poll :D, it was just a guess, but if BMac voted 800 as I did, I feel preeeeeeety good about my guess :cheers:
By clicking on the numbers on the right for total votes, and see the user who voted for what.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
If Ford wants to accomplish something, they usually do. A recent example being the Ford GT. Before that the 2013 GT500. I have a feeling they will raise the horsepower bar, and it will still handle well on the track, i mean those brakes, holy crap. I think it will be a force to be reckoned with. No reason it hasn't come out before now if it was half ass. If they want to prove it with 5.2 liters, they will. I voted for 801+

Edit: another example is the GT350 with the largest amercian flat plane crank v8 engine that got raving reviews. Does anyone really expect this to come out and be half ass?

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
If Ford wants to accomplish something, they usually do. A recent example being the Ford GT. Before that the 2013 GT500. I have a feeling they will raise the horsepower bar, and it will still handle well on the track, i mean those brakes, holy crap. I think it will be a force to be reckoned with. No reason it hasn't come out before now if it was half ass. If they want to prove it with 5.2 liters, they will. I voted for 801+

Edit: another example is the GT350 with the largest amercian flat plane crank v8 engine that got raving reviews. Does anyone really expect this to come out and be half ass?
Def don't think it will be half-ass...for some reason the word wicked comes to mind.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Crazy to say......but if it's less than 808 I'll be disappointed. After this long a wait, Ford Performance needs to come out with all guns blazing and if it doesn't beat the Demon's (pump gas) HP, many will write if off.

It also needs to put the "aftermarket" options in the shade.....and I include the latest Ford Performance/Roush supercharger there. I know that's a tall order, as the GT500 would need to do that whilst meeting all the tough standards Ford apply to production cars....not least meeting emissions and not risking a tonne of warranty calls.....

However, unlike the Demon, I also expect the GT500 to do ALL things well.....handle ALL things well.....demolish a road course AND a drag strip, whilst still being civilised on the street.

A tough thing to pull off, but if anyone can do it, Ford Performance can :ford:

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That's a poll I'd like to see.

"How many will write it if it doesn't out number the demon"? For everyone that says they will on this forum a hundred others will be lined up to take delivery.

It's going to be great but it sounds like you want it to be 150k great for the price of a Shelby.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I think it will fall in the low-mid 700s, but it will be over 707. Has to get the auto as well.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Miami, FPV's blown 5.0, had approximately 550hp & 475ft.lbs (with transient overboost). This motor had a 1.9 litre blower, no TiVCT, no direct injection, no trick GT350-type heads, and no whatever else the latest generation 5.0 has over the first gen Coyote.

If we extrapolate based on the improvements in volumetric efficiency, larger capacity, larger, more efficient supercharger, I stopped counting after 850hp and 715ft.lbs of torque. Which means I can't vote.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
Crazy to say......but if it's less than 808 I'll be disappointed. After this long a wait, Ford Performance needs to come out with all guns blazing and if it doesn't beat the Demon's (pump gas) HP, many will write if off.

It also needs to put the "aftermarket" options in the shade.....and I include the latest Ford Performance/Roush supercharger there. I know that's a tall order, as the GT500 would need to do that whilst meeting all the tough standards Ford apply to production cars....not least meeting emissions and not risking a tonne of warranty calls.....

However, unlike the Demon, I also expect the GT500 to do ALL things well.....handle ALL things well.....demolish a road course AND a drag strip, whilst still being civilised on the street.

The casual observers, my dad/uncles, buddies, guys that only want to know "how much power does it make" will be the first to say "but the Demon makes more power" if it makes less than 808. But for those of us that know there's more to a high-performance car than just horsepower numbers, we won't be disappointed as long as it out-performs both the Demon and the ZL1 1LE which it will do IMHO.

I think 800 plus h/p is what we will see, I hope so, because it's going to get old real quick explaining "that yes it makes less power, but it out-performs said competition in every metric."

mbollman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustange GT
I really think the official number out of Ford will be 755, and that is based on the easter egg dash photo. My gut says that once they hit the streets though that number will be low and it may turn out to be closer to 800 actual crank HP.

My main reasons for the 755HP guess are 3 fold:
1) the esater egg (7th gear @ 55MPH)
2) I just can't see Ford wanting anything at or above 800 due to potential insurance liabilities
3) 755 is well over the 650 from the ZLI camaro, well past the last GT500 @ 662 and comfortably over the Hellcat @ 707

Either way I think we will all know very soon. I'm thinking it will be officially unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show next month.

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

Exactly the way I feel, except I voted middle of the road so I didn't get my hopes crushed. If its over 800, I'll be one happy camper.

Miami, FPV's blown 5.0, had approximately 550hp & 475ft.lbs (with transient overboost). This motor had a 1.9 litre blower, no TiVCT, no direct injection, no trick GT350-type heads, and no whatever else the latest generation 5.0 has over the first gen Coyote.

If we extrapolate based on the improvements in volumetric efficiency, larger capacity, larger, more efficient supercharger, I stopped counting after 850hp and 715ft.lbs of torque. Which means I can't vote.
I should have made it 801+, same thing really.

What would be cool is if ford offered different pack cars with different purposes. A track pack with 750HP and all the track/street goodies, and a drag pack with 825HP, set up for drag/street. Ditch the GT350 and keep the line moving with these two options, same motor, just different suspensions and airfoils. We are already asking for too much from the line workers over there trying to do two different GT350's adding a GT500 will be a task, even if there aren't Pack options on the GT500.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Exactly the way I feel, except I voted middle of the road so I didn't get my hopes crushed. If its over 800, I'll be one happy camper.

I should have made it 801+, same thing really.

What would be cool is if ford offered different pack cars with different purposes. A track pack with 750HP and all the track/street goodies, and a drag pack with 825HP, set up for drag/street. Ditch the GT350 and keep the line moving with these two options, same motor, just different suspensions and airfoils. We are already asking for too much from the line workers over there trying to do two different GT350's adding a GT500 will be a task, even if there aren't Pack options on the GT500.
That’s how I feel. I think it’ll be “rated” at about 755 but be a bit conservative and make more like 775-800. Personally best run vs best run I think the demon will be faster not that I care, as I much prefer well balanced complete cars. And maybe the 1LE is a few tenths faster on a road course but neither will be as complete. When someone ask me about power or price I say look it up! Everyone has the tool in their pocket these days if you really wanna know do a google search, takes 2 min!!