Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
I don't trust that document at all... IIRC there are items on there that have already been confirmed non-existent
Such as?
Sponsored

tmhutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Cobra
I agree; Cuda' is a long standing rumor but you know what, Detroit needs to send the dinosaur fueled cars out with a bang because electric is just around the corner. : 426 Hemi, L-88 427 and of course Boss 429. The same high water mark that was the culmination of the original muscle car era of the 60's. BOOM.

We know Ford is already utilizing the 6.2L based small block for the 7+L 427/428/429 slated for the Super Duty truck (that block is capable of 440 cubic inches by the way). And according to the "Ford Insider" from the SpeedTwitch article (which we know wasnt 100% accurate) that same engine was to "be sent to FPTC (Ford Performance Technical Center) in Concord for the addition of ‘go-fast’ parts".

So, the engine is built, that we know. Maybe Ford intended to double duty it between the Super Duty and a special Mustang, maybe not. But how hard is it to clearance the inner fender wells and slap a Boss 429 hood scoop for clearance?

And all this talk about how difficult meeting emissions would be just doesnt ring true. Between direct injection, variable cam timing, cylinder deactivation and all the other tricks available there's no way they couldn't get this thing emissions approved. Just not buying it.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
I agree; Cuda' is a long standing rumor but you know what, Detroit needs to send the dinosaur fueled cars out with a bang because electric is just around the corner. : 426 Hemi, L-88 427 and of course Boss 429. The same high water mark that was the culmination of the original muscle car era of the 60's. BOOM.

We know Ford is already utilizing the 6.2L based small block for the 7+L 427/428/429 slated for the Super Duty truck (that block is capable of 440 cubic inches by the way). And according to the "Ford Insider" from the SpeedTwitch article (which we know wasnt 100% accurate) that same engine was to "be sent to FPTC (Ford Performance Technical Center) in Concord for the addition of ‘go-fast’ parts".

So, the engine is built, that we know. Maybe Ford intended to double duty it between the Super Duty and a special Mustang, maybe not. But how hard is it to clearance the inner fender wells and slap a Boss 429 hood scoop for clearance?

And all this talk about how difficult meeting emissions would be just doesnt ring true. Between direct injection, variable cam timing, cylinder deactivation and all the other tricks available there's no way they couldn't get this thing emissions approved. Just not buying it.
As above, our resident insiders have said there are no plans for a big NA engine. But after reading posts like these I can’t help but remain a little hopeful. I’ve tilted at windmills before. Why stop now :headbonk:

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Last I heard the 6.2 won't fit the Mustang so I believe that makes it the 5.8, if it's still in use anyplace. I've seen a 5.8 Trinity get up to 364.
5.8 is already dead, last time Ford used it it was on the 2014 GT500.

Maybe not a "Special Mustang" but a "Special F150" (i.e. a 7.3L for the Raptor? hahahaha I know, I'm dreaming.

Topnotch this is all your fault, buddy, getting people's hopes for a 7 litre.

If you all remember the oil weight sheet that was leaked a few months back there was a new 7.3 litre petrol on there as well. Obviously for the F Series but at least you can't say Doesn't have a big block.
Ford is focusing in "hybridization" instead of "Big Blocks", that's not a secret. I'm pretty sure we won't see a a bigger displacement engine than the 5.2L in the near future for the Mustang.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I don't trust that document at all... IIRC there are items on there that have already been confirmed non-existent
I'm trusting that document even more now since most of the items on there, are being confirmed going into production, let's review each one of them:

2.0L HEV: (Already offered i.e. Fusion Hybrid)
2.5L HEV: (Pending to be confirmed) This engine is not available at the moment but I can remember that there was a previous generation Ford Escape/Fusion using that Engine.... maybe it will come back?

1.0L GTDI I3: (Already offered i.e. Fiesta ecoboost)
1.5L GTDI I4: (Already offered i.e. Escape)
1.5L GTDI I3 Dragon: (Already offered i.e. EcoSport)

2.0L GTDI, 2.3L GTDI: (Already offered i.e. Focus)
2.7L GTDI, 3.0L GTDI, 3.5L GTDI: (Already offered i.e. Continental, Explorer)
2.7L GTPFDI: (Pending to be confirmed)
3.0L GTDI HEV: (Pending to be confirmed)
3.5L GTPFDI: (Already offered i.e. F150 Raptor?)

2.0L GDI, 2.5L, 3.7L: (Already offered i.e. Ecosport, Escape, Transit Wagon?)
3.3L PFDI, 5.0L PFDI: (Already offered i.e. F150)
3.3L PFDI HEV: (Pending to be confirmed)
3.5L PFDI: (Already offered i.e. Explorer)

1.5L Diesel: (New: 2019 Ford Transit Connect)
http://autoweek.com/article/chicago...nnect-gets-new-looks-and-diesel-power-chicago
2.0L Diesel: (Pending to be confirmed) So far, there is no car confirmed for America to carry this kind of engine... however the recently presented Ranger Raptor will use a Twin Turbo Diesel 2.0, so It might mean that the Ranger could get a 2 Liter Diesel in the future, but maybe not in a Raptor spec... or maybe for the Edge like in europe... or the Transit.
3.0L Diesel: (New: 2019 Ford F150)
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-f-150-diesel-full-details-news
6.7L Diesel: (Already offered i.e. Super Duty)
7.3L: (Pending to be confirmed, but there is a lot of people talking about this one for the SuperDuty)

3.5L GTPFDI: (Already offered i.e. Ford GT)

5.2L: (Already offered i.e. Mustang GT350)
5.2L Supercharged: (Pending to be confirmed but we already know that this will be for the GT500, rite?)

tmhutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Cobra
I agree with everything said, 429 is a long shot, especially with Raj Nair getting canned. I just think the excuses for not doing the car are lame and weak.

To get back on track, I do think the 700+ supercharged 5.2 is impressive, no two ways about it. However, with a big DOHC V8 confirmed from Chevy and an 800+ horse Hemi (and maybe a 426) from Dodge, well... the competition is equally impressive if not more so.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I agree with everything said, 429 is a long shot, especially with Raj Nair getting canned. I just think the excuses for not doing the car are lame and weak.

To get back on track, I do think the 700+ supercharged 5.2 is impressive, no two ways about it. However, with a big DOHC V8 confirmed from Chevy and an 800+ horse Hemi (and maybe a 426) from Dodge, well... the competition is equally impressive if not more so.
I don't think that "It just doesn't fit" it's a "lame and weak excuse". There's no way a 7.0 OHC fits easily in the S550 engine bay. Also.... I don't think the SuperDuty 7.3 will be higher than 450HP.

The "BIG TT DOHC V8" from Chevy is not confirmed just yet, there is only drawings for the Corvette C8 but nothing else. Now.... Dodge, They have a 808/840HP Engine.... however, don't expect to see that kind of power carried over to the Hellcat in the near future, and 426? from Dodge? It ain't gonna happen.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The Mid engine manufacturing docs were leaked 6 months ago. there are forecasted numbers for it already. I doubt they take it much over 800 tho.
I can't wait to to see the GM ME

I provided a link but realize it's prohibited to link other forums.

Sponsored

Quinten33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, lol
The Mid engine manufacturing docs were leaked 6 months ago. there are forecasted numbers for it already. I doubt they take it much over 800 tho.
I can't wait to to see the GM ME

I provided a link but realize it's prohibited to link other forums.
That wasn’t a document leak, just some report from analysts. There was, however a leaked photo from the infamous ZERV character on a particular forum. It was labeled LT7 and showed what appeared to be a Twin Turbo DOHC V8, and this ZERV character later leaked a full picture of the engine. The specifics are completely unknown. 5.5L is the most likely displacement considering that the C7.R and Cadillac DPi use that displacement and the industry analysis from November mentioned a 5.5L DOHC V8. At launch this LT7 could make anywhere from 570hp-800hp; I say this because we simply don’t know if the first Mid engine Corvette will be a high performance model or a Base model.

HOWEVER: don’t expect this engine to be in a Camaro until the Gen 7 ZL1 or even the Gen 7 Z/28. The engine for the Gen 6 Z/28 is completely unknown.

Aside from all of that, where did the GT500 go? Ford announces it in Detroit but goes silent after that? Motor Trend recently got spy shots of it. I assume we’ll see it in New York, and all of the reliability and durability test cars will roll out of Dearborn soon after. I think Ford is taking a bit too long to come out with the GT500, but it may pay off in the end.

482supersnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't think that "It just doesn't fit" it's a "lame and weak excuse". There's no way a 7.0 OHC fits easily in the S550 engine bay. Also.... I don't think the SuperDuty 7.3 will be higher than 450HP.

The "BIG TT DOHC V8" from Chevy is not confirmed just yet, there is only drawings for the Corvette C8 but nothing else. Now.... Dodge, They have a 808/840HP Engine.... however, don't expect to see that kind of power carried over to the Hellcat in the near future, and 426? from Dodge? It ain't gonna happen.
I have a Ford 6.2l on the engine stand at my parents shop. It really isn't any wider than a Coyote motor. It is a couple of inches longer and I think it may be a little taller. I don't know how much wider a 4 valve version would be.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
2.0L Diesel: (Pending to be confirmed) So far, there is no car confirmed for America to carry this kind of engine... however the recently presented Ranger Raptor will use a Twin Turbo Diesel 2.0, so It might mean that the Ranger could get a 2 Liter Diesel in the future, but maybe not in a Raptor spec... or maybe for the Edge like in europe... or the Transit.
Isnt it already in the Transit?

There was already a Diesel Ranger spotted in the US that didnt seem to be a Raptor.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trusting that document even more now since most of the items on there, are being confirmed going into production, let's review each one of them
Interesting, I thought I saw in another thread that at least 4 of them were confirmed to be not happening. I'm probably getting it mixed up with something else
Sponsored