Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Looks like the 7DCI700 weight is around 180 lbs. Not extremely terrible, considering the tr3160 is 121 lbs. Only a 60 lb gain there!!! I'm not liking the extra 150+ lbs of supercharger and coolers. Hopefully CF is used in more than a few locations.
I was wondering why the vid, at post 1, the car was rolling back before taking off, thinking it was a manual, but realize that DCT's do the same thing unless there is auto braking applied after brake is let off. This may not have been added yet, or that was a manual car.
So about 200 extra pounds to a 350Rs 3710.

Add brakes and larger 20” wheels, I’m thinking with some carbon lightweighing we will be right on 3900-3950.

That’s being conservative. I can see a 4000 in there.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I hoping ford has an ace up it’s sleeve cause I don’t see them using a DCT and huge carbon ceramic brakes for a car that people think is too heavy to hustle around a track and feel good doing it. Sure those items are going to bennifit a heavier car but why make a pig go fast in twisties if it’s really just a pig.
If they can balance it well at sub 3900, I think they will have a real winner here.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Fiber wheels, driveshaft, grille opening reinforcement, and Magna/BASF subframes would go a long way here.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Fiber wheels, driveshaft, grille opening reinforcement, and Magna/BASF subframes would go a long way here.
Yes and they're certainly going to focus on taking weight out.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I hoping ford has an ace up it’s sleeve cause I don’t see them using a DCT and huge carbon ceramic brakes for a car that people think is too heavy to hustle around a track and feel good doing it. Sure those items are going to bennifit a heavier car but why make a pig go fast in twisties if it’s really just a pig.
If they can balance it well at sub 3900, I think they will have a real winner here.
Why do we assume it is a track car? Or what track are we talking about? GT and GT350(R) is track / twisty. GT500 is typically 1/4 mile / straight line speed. Also previous GT500 eclipsed 200 MPH stock - not sure why media is ogling over that number. And it did it with 662 HP or there about.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Why do we assume it is a track car? Or what track are we talking about? GT and GT350(R) is track / twisty. GT500 is typically 1/4 mile / straight line speed. Also previous GT500 eclipsed 200 MPH stock - not sure why media is ogling over that number. And it did it with 662 HP or there about.
I know what it is, I had one.
the last GT500 had a track pack option and Lots of people track/ed it.
last gt500 touted 200mph but it was barely achievable, in fact try to find someone on the internet of a stock 2013/14 going 200. I looked for 2 years 2013 to 2015 and there wasn't a soul that got there stock. ford claimed it and they probably did it in a foreign country with miles of realistate and perfect conditions. this one will do it and we will see video of it within a couple weeks after they hit dealers.

the GT500 will be a track car because that's who their competition is, the zl1 and the zl1 l1e. if ford went after demon we wouldn't be seeing what were seeing so far. you don't need huge brakes for on street/strip road ripping, nor a DCT transmission but that's what's coming.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This kind, with a bit of boulevard bruiser thrown in.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If it has a drag strip mode it will hopefully be a beast on the strip as well as the track.
The 350 even has drag mode.
I'm sure the GT500 will do very well on the strip .

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
A Tesla does great on a drag strip not really a drag car embarrasses muscle cars! And I would never buy one. I really could care less what it does on a drag strip! Just me.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
The 350 even has drag mode.
I'm sure the GT500 will do very well on the strip .

=[/IMG]
I hope it’s a well engineered drag strip mode. Corvette/camaro have LC in track mode and they are good for consistency but rather easy to beat. They don’t have very good weight transfer in their mode nor do they manage power great. They either cut way too much power or not enough. I think it’s one of those things where if they spend the time to engineer it properly it works great but often they don’t put the time and resources into it. Do you think they’ll consider using a stick year tire then that SC2? Like trofeos or the new Goodyear tires?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm wondering how hard the thing will launch with a DCT and around about 4,000 lbs.
Im sure that 750+HP will feel wonderful, as it plows thru the gears without hesitation.
It will feel like and endless surge of power. I'm not sure the 60' time will be that great, but after that it should be a rocket ship IMO

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
It almost feels like Ford is in a no win situation with the GT500. If it's not faster on the strip than car "A" it is a failure. If it can't beat car "B" around the track Ford screwed up. Some of us ask for an all around great car but an all around great car is going to lose to another car on either track (drag or strip).
Sponsored