Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Not to change the subject too much, but does anyone think Ford will ever go back to put a V8 back into a Ford GT and produce more than the current GT ?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Probably not. The GT will be ending production in 2020 IIRC, and who knows when they'll make another one. Hell, even this one was an afterthought.

V8 is almost definitely a no. I wouldn't be surprised if the next-gen GT was fully electric

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Not actually possible unless it had upwards of 900hp.

The cheap steel unibody, wheelbase, and a lot of other geometries prevent the Mustang from being in the same league as the corvette for outright performance.

Sad fact is it might beat the 1LE, but I’m not honestly sure. :confused:
i know the vette and stang arent in the same league,thats why i said if its close.if its close,thats a win for the GT500,because that will mean the zl1,1le is toast.:lol::cheers::ford:

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Not to change the subject too much, but does anyone think Ford will ever go back to put a V8 back into a Ford GT and produce more than the current GT ?
i wish they would,a twin turbo vodoo motor with 1200hp would be sick.:cheers::lol::ford:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Nope.

The GT was built as a racing car to win Le Man (which it did). The WEC rules mean forced induction engines are limited to 4 litres (IIRC). Whilst normally aspirated engines can be larger in capacity, this meant the n/a Coyote/Voodoo would never produce sufficient power to stand a chance.

So the GT was built around the Ecoboost V6.

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Nope.

The GT was built as a racing car to win Le Man (which it did). The WEC rules mean forced induction engines are limited to 4 litres (IIRC). Whilst normally aspirated engines can be larger in capacity, this meant the n/a Coyote/Voodoo would never produce sufficient power to stand a chance.

i hear what you are saying,i dont think its mandatory if FORD did another FORD GT,that it has to be ran at Le mans.they can just sell it to the public.:ford:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nope.

I think this could be viable... another factor in GT LM is power to weight ratio. The race-spec Ford GT only makes about 550hp. We know that, with some pretty minor mods, the 3rd gen coyote can hit those numbers. and with the coyote overall being lighter than a TTV6, it wouldn't need as much power to be competitive. The biggest issue is packaging; because the coyote is so much physically bigger than the V6, they wouldn't have been able to make the flying buttresses work with the current size of the car. They would either have to make the car larger (more weight) or remove the flying buttresses (significantly less aero)

i hear what you are saying,i dont think its mandatory if FORD did another FORD GT,that it has to be ran at Le mans.they can just sell it to the public.:ford:
It definitely would be. The ONLY reason Ford made the most recent GT was for Le Mans... it's good advertisement for not only the Ford brand, but the Ecoboost name. Pretty sure they built the 05-06 GT with intentions of going to Le Mans as well, but the powerplant was the issue

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
If it's a grand tourer without the aim of winning races that's when a V8 would make sense. Twin turboed 7 litre hybrid. That might be enough to make a statement and, no, John Cena, you'd need to keep that for 2 years as well.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Why someone hasn't built a twin turbo'd 5.2 CPC Eco-Monster GT yet is beyond me. People do it all the time with high dollar Italian supercars, and other similar offerings. Other than being an instant collectors item, it's still an execution that riles many with it's missing two cylinders.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
1. Nobody will ruin a potentially milti-million dollar car like that
2. as I said previously, it just won't fit

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
As I recall , the previous Ford GT was discontinued because it could not meet future crash standards. Be interesting to see what GM does to ME vette to make it pass crash tests.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Depends what trim level you are talking about. The base motor (around 500hp) C8 will be in the ballpark of the GT500 if not cheaper. The top trim TT V8 will be more than the GT500, which is to be expected.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Depends what trim level you are talking about. The base motor (around 500hp) C8 will be in the ballpark of the GT500 if not cheaper. The top trim TT V8 will be more than the GT500, which is to be expected.
I hope you're right. If so, and Ford has no direct competitor, I will probably have to buy my first Chevrolet.

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
I think this could be viable... another factor in GT LM is power to weight ratio. The race-spec Ford GT only makes about 550hp. We know that, with some pretty minor mods, the 3rd gen coyote can hit those numbers. and with the coyote overall being lighter than a TTV6, it wouldn't need as much power to be competitive. The biggest issue is packaging; because the coyote is so much physically bigger than the V6, they wouldn't have been able to make the flying buttresses work with the current size of the car. They would either have to make the car larger (more weight) or remove the flying buttresses (significantly less aero)

It definitely would be. The ONLY reason Ford made the most recent GT was for Le Mans... it's good advertisement for not only the Ford brand, but the Ecoboost name. Pretty sure they built the 05-06 GT with intentions of going to Le Mans as well, but the powerplant was the issue
The problem is a 5.0 couldn't make the kind of power the TTV6 does throughout the rev range.

What Ford really needs to build after the GT is done is a 2 door 2 seat Cobra that competes with the Corvette. Put a few options of the 5.2l in that, and sell it like hot cakes.
Sponsored