OPG upgrade?

1Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
With the OPG being the weak point and my warranty coming to an end soon, i am thinking about upgrading it before i do ANY mods for a piece of mind- what does it cost to upgrade...ball park?:cheers:
Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
With the OPG being the weak point and my warranty coming to an end soon, i am thinking about upgrading it before i do ANY mods for a piece of mind- what does it cost to upgrade...ball park?:cheers:
Ur lucky Palm Beach Dyno is in Boynton Beach. They can hook u up no problem. Dont know the cost but its quite a bit of labor to change an OPG so prolly not cheap.

Oh wait i was thinking I of Blow by racing in boca. I think palm beach only does tuning.

Last edited:

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Shops near you...

Thunder Autosports in Boynton / Steve
Blow By Racing in Boca
Power By The Hour in West Palm
Mustang Specialties in Pompano

Reach out to anyone of them for info and a quote.

And I think the Ford dealership in Lake Worth is a Ford Performance install shop. Check in with them maybe too.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
5 years/60,000 miles for the powertrain. Are you pushing 60k miles?

OP
OP
1Voodoo

1Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
5 years/60,000 miles for the powertrain. Are you pushing 60k miles?
Great point. I was thinking 3/36,000. Makes me feel a little better. But wanting to start some mods and would sleep better with it upgraded. I know the parts are inexpensive just not sure how much work it is to upgrade the gear.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Great point. I was thinking 3/36,000. Makes me feel a little better. But wanting to start some mods and would sleep better with it upgraded. I know the parts are inexpensive just not sure how much work it is to upgrade the gear.
Doing so, no matter the best of intentions, could (and most likely would) void your warranty.

Do as you see fit and govern yourself accordingly.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Not understanding the busted warranty discussion. Is there a disclaimer that says if you crack open the engine the warranty is automatically voided? If not, would Magnuson-Moss not apply--the modification must have caused the failure?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's always the same old argument. Hypothetically, there is a failure somewhere upsream of the OPG. It takes put the OPG in the process. You throw a rod or soon a bearing. Your motor is toast. Ford denies warranty coverage due to a non OEM part replacement and there you are left holding the bag. Although you may be right, the claim is denied and now it's on you to hire a lawyer or negotiate your best possible settlement.

Even though you are right, you are not always right especially when you have to hire a lawyer to see it through.

Now, go ahead and tell me that ford would never deny a warranty claim under those circumstances.......
Makes sense. Guess it boils down to risk calculus. Is someone sure enough that an OPG replacement will reduce (or eliminate) common failures...or if failure occurs the (non-OPG-related) cause will be undeniably obvious? Also, I don't discount your points; just think it would be hard for Ford to claim an upgaded version of their own part was the cause of failure. Admittedly guilty of a bit of hypocracy here, since I don't plan to test the system by changing my OPG...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense. Guess it boils down to risk calculus. Is someone sure enough that an OPG replacement will reduce (or eliminate) common failures...or if failure occurs the (non-OPG-related) cause will be undeniably obvious? Also, I don't discount your points; just think it would be hard for Ford to claim an upgaded version of their own part was the cause of failure. Admittedly guilty of a bit of hypocracy here, since I don't plan to test the system by changing my OPG...
When mine is out of warranty, that is when I change out my OPG. Not one minute before.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
When mine is out of warranty, that is when I change out my OPG. Not one minute before.
Yeah, I agree...although I'll gladly play forum lawyer for anybody who is bold enough to do it while the warranty is still in force :) lol...

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Agree with that unless I was going to go balls to the wall and do forced induction or something but at that point the warranty is toast anyway

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I agree...although I'll gladly play forum lawyer for anybody who is bold enough to do it while the warranty is still in force :) lol...
I'm married to a lawyer, and it is our perception that it's not worth screwing with.

It used to be important to me to have a 100% numbers matching car. With the '19 model year addition and the rarity gone, I really don't see it as that big of a deal to get a new motor anymore.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Agree with that unless I was going to go balls to the wall and do forced induction or something but at that point the warranty is toast anyway
Thanks, but if anyone is after that, why not just hold on for a bit and get a GT500?

One of the best attributes of this car is the NA FPC along with the overall balance.
Sponsored