Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Well, the dealer I went to yesterday told me they can't order now, totally ignoring what they told me in the email. So I'm going to a different one today who sent me a scan of the pricing (MSRP and Invoice side by side). Hopefully I can get one ordered today.
Sponsored

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Well, the dealer I went to yesterday told me they can't order now, totally ignoring what they told me in the email. So I'm going to a different one today who sent me a scan of the pricing (MSRP and Invoice side by side). Hopefully I can get one ordered today.

Our Military Auto Sales dealer here overseas is not able to order yet either. I can be patient...it's not like I'm waiting to actually pick up a car I've already ordered...November or so is when I will become impatient.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Ok 2 dealers have told me I can't get the $1250 x plan incentive and $750 private cash coupon on a 2018 order. WTF? Are they just being crooks and want to keep these incentives for their profit? I told them a friend and I, so 2 sales would like to order ASAP if we get both incentives.
i can point you to a place in AZ if your are interested and will give you any incentives that are available at time of delivery. i am getting x plan pricing with no issues right now.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Alright just contacted another dealer and he said he can't honor the $1250 x plan affiliate rebate because it will have been expired by the time the cars arrive but the $750 will sill be valid. So how come some dealers apply rebates at the time of ordering and others don't?
I don't think dealers can give you a rebate that will be expired before delivery. The rebates only apply at time of sale.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Ordered mine today.

GT Premium
Orange Fury
10 Speed Auto
3.55:1 Ratio
Spoiler Delete
401A
Enhanced Security Package
Active Exhaust
20 inch wheels
Shaker Pro

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I'm officially pissed, all the dealers I've contacted either says they can't do the order now, or say they can over the email but refuse to do so when I get there (and I drove 2 hours to get there), or just stopped communicating halfway through. Has anyone successfully ordered one yet in Illinois? If anyone has please point me to the right direction... Thanks in advance!

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
Ok 2 dealers have told me I can't get the $1250 x plan incentive and $750 private cash coupon on a 2018 order. WTF? Are they just being crooks and want to keep these incentives for their profit? I told them a friend and I, so 2 sales would like to order ASAP if we get both incentives.
they get the incentive money anyway, there just being idiots. My dealer said what ever Ford is giving as incentives, I'll get them!

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just put my order down over the phone, paid the deposit and now the long wait.

GT Premium
Lightning Blue
401A
Shaker Pro Audio System
Safe & Smart Package
GT Performance Package
MagneRide Dampening System
Active Valve Performance Exhaust

AGM2018

Just put my order down over the phone, paid the deposit and now the long wait.

GT Premium
Lightning Blue
401A
Shaker Pro Audio System
Safe & Smart Package
GT Performance Package
MagneRide Dampening System
Active Valve Performance Exhaust
May I be both curious and "nosy" to inquire if you were able to negotiate to purchase the car at invoice or maybe below invoice? Or did you use X-Plan? Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May I be both curious and "nosy" to inquire if you were able to negotiate to purchase the car at invoice or maybe below invoice? Or did you use X-Plan? Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
I used X-Plan, but the sales guy did say when the car arrives if Ford is offering other rebates/incentives, I can get those as well along side X-Plan.

Sponsored

AGM2018

I used X-Plan, but the sales guy did say when the car arrives if Ford is offering other rebates/incentives, I can get those as well along side X-Plan.
Duke,

Thanks for the information. But isn't Invoice Price less expensive than X-Plan (normally?). It may not be at the present, because there are two extra X-Plan incentives available, totaling $1250.00. But...one for $500.00 (X-Plan Partner Plus Offer Program Start Date: 7/6/2017 End Date: 10/2/2017) expires on October 2nd. Hopefully, the dealer can "lock in" this discount for you or get you an additional $750 Ford Cash to make up for it. I got an invoice quote from my dealer but, he didn't send an X-Plan price, so I am waiting to see if it may be less expensive than Invoice Price...if it is, it will probably be because the "stealership fees" are limited to, I believe, $275.00 by Ford, versus their $500 bogus "Application Fee."

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Duke,

Thanks for the information. But isn't Invoice Price less expensive than X-Plan (normally?). It may not be at the present, because there are two extra X-Plan incentives available, totaling $1250.00. But...one for $500.00 (X-Plan Partner Plus Offer Program Start Date: 7/6/2017 End Date: 10/2/2017) expires on October 2nd. Hopefully, the dealer can "lock in" this discount for you or get you an additional $750 Ford Cash to make up for it. I got an invoice quote from my dealer but, he didn't send an X-Plan price, so I am waiting to see if it may be less expensive than Invoice Price...if it is, it will probably be because the "stealership fees" are limited to, I believe, $275.00 by Ford, versus their $500 bogus "Application Fee."
Well, the main reason I used X-Plan is because I'm just too lazy to negotiate since invoice only has about $200+ difference with X-Plan.:headbonk:

AGM2018

Well, the main reason I used X-Plan is because I'm just too lazy to negotiate since invoice only has about $200+ difference with X-Plan.:headbonk:
Fair enough! I will probably go with X-Plan (through EAA...Experimental Aviation Association) too. I am trying to decide between base/premium, PP or not and Silver/Lightening Blue. CHOICES! If I "knew" the base 2018 suspension would not be "floatly" and drive/handle like a "1995 Cadillac Deville", I would purchase the Non-PP; I have no intention of taking my car to a track, a drag strip or even racing it. BUT, I drove a 2015 automatic (3X) for an extended period of time...and I did not like the ride, handling or "Seat of the Pants feel". :headbonk::frusty::frusty:

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Fair enough! I will probably go with X-Plan (through EAA...Experimental Aviation Association) too. I am trying to decide between base/premium, PP or not and Silver/Lightening Blue. CHOICES! If I "knew" the base 2018 suspension would not be "floatly" and drive/handle like a "1995 Cadillac Deville", I would purchase the Non-PP; I have no intention of taking my car to a track, a drag strip or even racing it. BUT, I drove a 2015 automatic (3X) for an extended period of time...and I did not like the ride, handling or "Seat of the Pants feel". :headbonk::frusty::frusty:
Don’t forget that Xplan gets you a guaranteed ceiling on the fees charged at usually $100. Dealers are notorious for talking people into invoice instead of Xplan on this sort of deal and then put a $599 dealer charge on it even after tax and DMV fees. X plan is for “friends and family” and when you get it in the details it basically says no funny shit with the closing fees.

Also just made the choice between base and Premium. If your going to ride in it a while and not trade in after two years then Premium is the way to go. A lot of people in the poll on this page chose the Premium and it’s telling they updated from base. If you do get the base then 301A all the way.

BrandonB

Tinted Window Licker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Oxford 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t forget that Xplan gets you a guaranteed ceiling on the fees charged at usually $100. Dealers are notorious for talking people into invoice instead of Xplan on this sort of deal and then put a $599 dealer charge on it even after tax and DMV fees. X plan is for “friends and family” and when you get it in the details it basically says no funny shit with the closing fees.

Also just made the choice between base and Premium. If your going to ride in it a while and not trade in after two years then Premium is the way to go. A lot of people in the poll on this page chose the Premium and it’s telling they updated from base. If you do get the base then 301A all the way.
x2 on this.

My dealer removed their $699 "processing fee" as well as the $200+ in other fees and instead only charged the $99 documentation fee.

Also, on X-plan the $1900 and some change 301A package which includes the 8" screen, Sync 3, Apple CarPlay, auto climate, 9-speaker system, ambient lighting, and drive modes has GOT to be a no brainer for base GTs.
Sponsored