Sponsored

After years of waiting, today I took one giant leap...

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
Hey guys. I've waited a very long time to be able to make this post. After several years of dreaming of owning a Ford Mustang, today I sat down with a salesman and placed an order of my very own. A huge thank you to all of the Mustang6G members for sharing your ordering details on the site. Armed with the information of how the ordering process went for dozens and dozens of members, it was a fantastic and comfortable feeling being one step ahead of the entire process.

I've ordered the 2015 Premium GT Coupe 401A in Ingot Silver with Ebony Premier Trim, Automatic with 3.55 gears, Enhanced Security, Spoiler Delete, Foundry 18's and Voice-Activated Navigation...along with the all important old-school Spare Wheel & Tire, baby. This Mustang will be my first Ford and after a decade as a Honda owner, this Ford will be the first American car to truly call my own.

For the gory details, I went to Galpin Ford in Los Angeles. I'm a Mustang Club of America member so I ordered as an X-PLAN customer. I was given Dealer Priority 15, of which priority 10 is the highest, which is just fine considering that I was told prior to ordering that there were a few other orders ahead of mine. I didn't inquire about allocation but given that Galpin does so much volume, I really don't anticipate a problem. I put down a deductible and refundable deposit. My salesman is expecting to have a DORA emailed to me in 24-48 hours and from there the real waiting begins. I feel silly for admitting it but I'm hoping the car will land around the time of my next birthday, approximately 12 weeks from now.

I wrestled with Manual vs Automatic for months and after driving the impressive Manual GT down in rural Texas, I ultimately decided to go Automatic for my home here in the very urban Hollywood, CA. I feel the Auto with 3.55 gears will give me the perfect balance between the comfort I desire during L.A.'s worst congestion and Sport Mode + 3.55 Gears + Paddle Shifters will give me those smiles per gallon when I head for the canyons on the weekends.

Thanks again to everyone here at the site for all the information and discussions. Can't wait to push that start button and hear that V8 for the first time. Holy shit I did it.

-SeventhWard
Sponsored

cowzrul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '20 F-Pace SVR, '19 F250
That is the exact same car I ordered down to every single option and color except I got reverse sensors! Nice taste and congrats!

OP
OP
SeventhWard

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
That is the exact same car I ordered down to every single option and color except I got reverse sensors! Nice taste and congrats!
Thank you. Excellent taste, man! Haha!

Sponsored

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congrats! You made the right choice with finally getting a Ford. You will be pleased!

OP
OP
SeventhWard

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
OHHH SNAP!! Just got an email from my salesman, DORA in hand.

Checked my order on COTUS and I was shocked - I've got a VIN. Moving right along!

-SeventhWard

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Galpin is where I ordered and got mine. The entire experience was very smooth, including XPlan and incentives with no add-ons. Salesman was a Mustang enthusiast and very helpful.

DarkKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT
I dreamed of a Mustang for years, too. I've had to climb out of a lot of junk (to use a G-rated term) to get to this point, so I finally took the plunge, too.

My first car was a Mustang, but the white '76 model I drove never had the feel that my Mom's brick red '66 Mustang (California edition, but all that meant at that time is that it did not come with A/C--- which she immediately paid the dealer to install after buying the car.) did--- my Dad's car was a '69 Pontiac GTO Judge. I've my dream for a while, too. :p

I agree about the Automatic, by the way--- with the traffic-jams that I have to deal with every day, I'd have a clutch worn out in at least half the time it normally takes. I just decided not to even mess with that pain & got the 3.55 Gears with Automatic.

Enjoy your ride! .....mine should be to me in a month or less. :headbang:

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
OHHH SNAP!! Just got an email from my salesman, DORA in hand.

Checked my order on COTUS and I was shocked - I've got a VIN. Moving right along!

-SeventhWard
Good deal, SeventhWard. This time of year your car maybe processed through the system quicker then the first 3 to 4 months of production.
Sponsored