Sponsored

2020 Mach 1!

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Guys, I just came to a scary realization...

1. S650, originally slated for 2021, cancelled
2. Mach 1 name being used
3. Mustang + Explorer transforming into a “mustang-flavored CUV”
4. Due to arrive 2021

Could this be the end of the mustang? Could these possibly be signs that the mustang platform will disappear and be replaced by “a whole new platform” called the Mach 1 (to pay homage to the mustang it killed) that will appeal to a larger audience??
Dude, gross. I just threw up in my mouth.
Sponsored

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Wow that is scary, but I see where one could interpret it that way. If they killed the Mustang I would never buy another Ford. (and at 59 I have never owed anything but Fords).
I'm with you. If Ford gets rid of the Mustang or the V8 prematurely it will be time for me to leave the Ford owners family.

While I do think electric cars are the future, serious work needs to be done to the grid to support it on a large scale. I don't see that being in place for a few decades.

@Car_Sick_Nick

SAVE THE MACH 1!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.AllRoadsLeadToTheMotorCity.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I just cant believe that Ford themselves would find it anything but pure sacrilege to call any vehicle a Mach other than a Mustang, let alone an electric SUV - you've got to be kidding?!? This decision is incredibly disheartening to us Mustang/Mach fans & owners alike. Being a loyal Ford buyer, I've never felt more betrayed by a company. PETITION SIGNED!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm with you. If Ford gets rid of the Mustang or the V8 prematurely it will be time for me to leave the Ford owners family.

While I do think electric cars are the future, serious work needs to be done to the grid to support it on a large scale. I don't see that being in place for a few decades.
agree...this is too far off. it's good ford is thinking about it but while others are selling gas vehicles Ford will be sitting on EVs in dealer lots across the country. slowly needs introduced. we don't need to have a hybrid mustang for another 10 years. make everything else that way and the mustang last.
I'm getting ready to dump my ford stock.. I'm starting to get annoyed. I also bought 225k in fords in 2017. I'll be trading them all up in a year(but maybe 1) and not a 1 will be a ford.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
1. Maybe this will be an AWD, electric, Mustang Wagon, like some have asked for. (being hopeful)

2. I love how Mitsubishi is doing the same thing with a hybrid SUV and the Eclipse name and the import guys are pissed, so Ford is now taking ideas from the Mitsubishi playbook? That is REALLY sad and shows big internal issues.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
I bleed Ford Blue but if the Mustang goes away I will be looking for a transfusion shortly thereafter!!!

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
Think of an AWD Panamera inspired Mustang/Lincoln.
1. Maybe this will be an AWD, electric, Mustang Wagon, like some have asked for. (being hopeful)

2. I love how Mitsubishi is doing the same thing with a hybrid SUV and the Eclipse name and the import guys are pissed, so Ford is now taking ideas from the Mitsubishi playbook? That is REALLY sad and shows big internal issues.
Something like that would be totally awesome and would show that Ford is looking to the future, but it still better not be called a Mach 1.
If they HAVE to compromise the Mach 1 name, at least do it in the same manner as the GT and put an Ecoboost V6 in a Mustang.
My ideal vision of a Mach 1 for the S550 platform though is basically a GT350 with an N/A CPC 5.2 versus the FPC Voodoo.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
That was my dream too, but I doubt we will see it.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1

Just received an email from my electric company to not use the washing machine on tuesday or wednesday due to the extra strain the Texas power grid will have these next few days since pretty much the whole state will be at or below freezing temperatures.

The electric power grid needs a lot of strengthening before Ford's all electric utopia could ever be realized. But hey lets go ahead and start pissing off some of our most loyal customers right now. That makes total sense. /s :headbonk:

Sponsored

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Something like that would be totally awesome and would show that Ford is looking to the future, but it still better not be called a Mach 1.
If they HAVE to compromise the Mach 1 name, at least do it in the same manner as the GT and put an Ecoboost V6 in a Mustang.
My ideal vision of a Mach 1 for the S550 platform though is basically a GT350 with an N/A CPC 5.2 versus the FPC Voodoo.
No! :frusty:

If it gets to that, just shelve the name and let it die with dignity!

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
No! :frusty:

If it gets to that, just shelve the name and let it die with dignity!
Hey I didn't say I wanted that! Its much preferable to a damn SUV though, isn't it? I was just saying if they're going to pull stupid crap with names like that, I'd be able to take that much better..
I do think its very likely we will see an Ecoboost V6 Mustang by the early 2020s though..

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think the ideal Mach 1 would be a 5.2 cpc with electric motors to make 700+ combined AWHP... make it a drag monster with modern technology

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
If the Mach 1 is a Mustang based hybrid supercar, then my hats off to them. So many recent hypercars have been hybrid powered and no one is bashing them.
If it's a hybrid powertrain name and ends up being the tag on an SUV, shame on them.

Birddogjr350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150 FX4
FORD if your reading this we the mustang faithful DO NOT want a ford explorer called the Mach 1!!!! If this thing is not a mustang go ahead and save your development money and cancel the project!!!
Sponsored