Sponsored

Ford Performance Track Handling Pack

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yes, I did. I utilized the meds, that you’ve clearly laid off of, to harness the intelligence and ingenuity to accomplish this feat.

In reality, the “nearly” I’ve accomplished comprises of very similar spring and sway-bar rates accompanied by matching shocks/struts (not magride) and a k-member brace (rumored to be on the PP2).
:shrug: We must have different definitions of "nearly identical."
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Care to elaborate on your choices?
Too easy:

Steeda Ultralite springs
Steeda ProAction Struts/Shocks
Steeda rear swaybar at full stiff
Steeda 2-point k-member brace

I obviously don’t have the increase on front swaybar tension that the PP2 will have, but the ratios are very close with the Steeda rear bar at full stiff.

A disclaimer: I don’t claim to have a PP2 equivalent. The setup I chose just ended up being very similar to the PP2 once the numbers were released.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Too easy:

Steeda Ultralite springs
Steeda ProAction Struts/Shocks
Steeda rear swaybar at full stiff
Steeda 2-point k-member brace

I obviously don’t have the increase on front swaybar tension that the PP2 will have, but the ratios are very close with the Steeda rear bar at full stiff.

A disclaimer: I don’t claim to have a PP2 equivalent. The setup I chose just ended up being very similar to the PP2 once the numbers were released.
What numbers? Those percentages are relative to the PP level 1, which is stiffer than the 15-17 PP. Until someone posts up the new PP1 measured rates I'm not sure you know where you are relative to the PP2. You certainly have a very solid and competent setup, but one that's further away from the PP2 than I think you realize.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
What numbers? Those percentages are relative to the PP level 1, which is stiffer than the 15-17 PP. Until someone posts up the new PP1 measured rates I'm not sure you know where you are relative to the PP2. You certainly have a very solid and competent setup, but one that's further away from the PP2 than I think you realize.
Fair enough. My comparisons were indeed based totally on my 2016 PP1 specs.

Either way, the OP is questioning whether to consider a 2018 PP2, and I still say “yes.” Not only are the car’s hypothetical specs beautiful on paper, and the car is gorgeous to see, but the fact that Ford engineers burned midnight oil on this clandestine development is inspiring.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Fair enough. My comparisons were indeed based totally on my 2016 PP1 specs.

Either way, the OP is questioning whether to consider a 2018 PP2, and I still say “yes.” Not only are the car’s hypothetical specs beautiful on paper, and the car is gorgeous to see, but the fact that Ford engineers burned midnight oil on this clandestine development is inspiring.
I agree. Get the PP2 if you can afford it both financially and the compromises it makes of daily livability for track prowess.

Sponsored

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Green550,
I had this Kit installed last year have over 10,000 miles on it. Really enjoy the setup Ford had done all the testing for us. And pricing was great for the package. Feel free to P.M. me if you have an questions. Will try to answer them the best of my ability.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Have you noticed any "bounciness" with that suspension and I assume stock shock mounts? That's the only downside I see of running the FRPP stuff that many people seem to say it's pretty noticeable.
It's very tightly wound as a handling unit and feels the road a lot more vigorously than my stock setup did. Stock was squishy and smooth but had bad lean and performance at high speed and g-force, but the FRPP Track Pack has virtually no lean around tight turns and grips the road like it's on rails. I had no issues driving over bouncy roads in my stock GT but the FRPP Track Pack goes nuts over those same roads and bounces all over the place. It can be annoying but it's a track pack so I accept it. After having it for a year I wouldn't get any other spring setup though. This Track Pack is a monster.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I have this full setup in my garage for like 6 months now I really need to install it

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It's very tightly wound as a handling unit and feels the road a lot more vigorously than my stock setup did. Stock was squishy and smooth but had bad lean and performance at high speed and g-force, but the FRPP Track Pack has virtually no lean around tight turns and grips the road like it's on rails. I had no issues driving over bouncy roads in my stock GT but the FRPP Track Pack goes nuts over those same roads and bounces all over the place. It can be annoying but it's a track pack so I accept it. After having it for a year I wouldn't get any other spring setup though. This Track Pack is a monster.
I wonder if some of those billet shock mounts will help. That's kind of what's holding me back on that setup. And yes it's a track suspension, but should still be composed on the streets. I mean there are plenty of other "track worthy suspensions" that don't bounce around on the street...so it's more of an issue with the FRPP stuff itself rather than an inherent issue with track worthy suspensions.

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just upgraded my PP 2017 GT to this Track Handling Pack. Very impressed, ride quality is improved IMO compared to the stock PP setup. Stock setup seemed very bouncy to me, almost like it was under-damped. I was worried it would be too harsh for the wife or that it wouldn't be much of an upgrade but all around I'm very pleased. I will say I upgraded rotors to the 2 piece Baer Eradispeeds at the same time, so its possible losing some unsprung weight had an impact

Sponsored

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Just upgraded my PP 2017 GT to this Track Handling Pack. Very impressed, ride quality is improved IMO compared to the stock PP setup. Stock setup seemed very bouncy to me, almost like it was under-damped. I was worried it would be too harsh for the wife or that it wouldn't be much of an upgrade but all around I'm very pleased. I will say I upgraded rotors to the 2 piece Baer Eradispeeds at the same time, so its possible losing some unsprung weight had an impact
Nice review, I have a 2016 PP.

Do you have any other suspension mods? (Steeda or BMR stuff?)

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
PP2 on the 18

Oh don't ask this question! this thread is only for PP2, which is impressive and enlightening as to the front downforce increase. I have the BMR 4 pt. front brace & the torque arms CB005 for the "Stop the Hop" problem. I still need coil overs & lowering springs.

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Not at the moment. Been considering something to help with the rear hop as so many others have done but I want to learn more before making any changes. Its a weekend "fun" car for me who may see the occasional track day. Mostly the wife and I just go on drives so I want to be very cautious about NVH and the reviews of a lot of wheel hop stuff are mixed at best it seems

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Thanks. I am leaning now to getting a 2018 with at least the PP1 which is my only option if I want the A10. The stock '15 I have needs more power for me coming from a 600rwhp S197 and I think the '18 will satisfy this without putting a Whipple on. Thanks for the offer, Rocketboy.
I just wish the packages had adjustable dampening. I had Tokico D-specs on my 2011 GT and my 2009 Bullitt with progressive rate "P" springs. They were just excellent even though I had to get out and adjust them. The magneride looks better all the time because it does it for you :)
Sponsored