batz1917

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (401a) w/ PP
Hello,

Not sure if this thread exists or not. But I am looking to have the Roush Axlebacks put on my 2015 GT PP.

Was wondering if you guys new anywhere local that is reputable and could help with the installation.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Are you glutton enough for punishment to do a header install? ;)

I installed headers in my 2011 5.0 and it took most of the day. Car needs to be out at closing time whether it's done or not so I would probably hesitate with a job like that. Next 2015 I have up on my lift I'll make sure to take notes for future header installs.

Last edited:

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Oh shit, you have lift access?? Seriously, I'd love to know what it'd cost to get in on a lift with you when I'm ready to do my IC and exhaust!

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
I did my catback in my garage 2 nights ago. So much easier than removing 46 year old manifolds... Headers? Ugh. Hit Grimace up or swing by Cars and Coffee @Dulles Landing on Sunday morning and talk to Jay. A mechanic he knows created a jig to drop the engine cradle since he did so many. Now it only take him a couple/few hours instead of an all day process.

Sponsored

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
That would be really cool. I'd enjoy meeting more of you guys.

I'm actually in the process of trying to get a bunch of guys from the forums here to all meetup at one of the C&C shows. I'd like it to be more purposeful than just wandering around the lot asking people if they're from mustang6g. Haha

ShadowS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
I installed headers in my 2011 5.0 and it took most of the day. Car needs to be out at closing time whether it's done or not so I would probably hesitate with a job like that. Next 2015 I have up on my lift I'll make sure to take notes for future header installs.
I know this is an old thread but I came across it looking for suggestions on shops in my area.

I'm about to get tires and wheels delivered to me separately and need them mounted, balanced and installed. I also need to install lowering springs front and back. Would you be able to help? I would pay $ on top of slurpees.

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I can highly recommend Arlington Auto Care - they installed my MBRP catback for $200, and took extra care making sure it was properly aligned. Before they tightened everything down, they asked me to come out and make sure I was happy with the alignment/distance the tips were protruding. They also drove over my stock exhaust in their shop van to my house for free (I tipped the driver of course). Would definitely go back to them.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I know this is an old thread but I came across it looking for suggestions on shops in my area.

I'm about to get tires and wheels delivered to me separately and need them mounted, balanced and installed. I also need to install lowering springs front and back. Would you be able to help? I would pay $ on top of slurpees.

You can have the wheels/tires shipped directly to our shop to save you some hassle. It would be great to do everything at once so you can get the alignment done and have everything perfect when you leave.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If todays shops are getting $5-700.00 for front brake jobs these days. I'd say that cost is in line. Almost every quote you get these days is roughly 1000.00 for any major work. If you are paying anyone to do anything, consider that you'll have to pay a premium when getting the work done. Plus, some shops charge more when you bring in the parts, since they are losing the "list" price that has their additional margin included in the total cost.

If you trust their work, than it's worth the cost. Someone elses 700.00 bill could cost you in the end when there is no installation warranty with supplied parts.
Sponsored