One inch drop and camber...

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Curious on how much of an effect a one-inch drop has on camber front/rear?

I have read on a one-inch or less drop you are fine with just an alignment and you can dial in the suspension with no issues.

I have also read you won't have enough adjustment to get camber dialed in without front camber bolt / plates or new rear arms / Steeda adjustable rear camber kit.

I did buy the BMR front camber bolts to be safe. I'm hoping there is enough camber adjustment in the rear to get that dialed in?

I'm installing the complete Ford street performance suspension kit on my 2016 S550 daily driver. I want to make sure I get the longest treadlife out of my new 19" Conti DWS06's mounted on new MMR's. I do not track my car and am only interested in improved handling and straight line feel with excellent treadwear life.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and personal experiences with 1" drops.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bigred911s

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm gonna set this up with just the front camber bolts and have rear dialed in within stock upper arms. I'll let everyone know how the tires wear with this setup.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I just did a set of eibach pro kit springs and KONI Street dampers. I had the same question an everything online said you should be fine adjustment wise. I decided to get MM caster camber plates anyway and it’s a good thing I did. Maxed out the camber plates and could only get back to -1.2 degrees cambers. I was at -2.6. I guess I got a sh*** factory alignment on mine maybe? But that was my experience last week and the eibachs are about a 1” drop.

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
i installed vogtland sport plus springs which are supposed to be 1.3" ish drop (ive heard 1.3", also heard 1.5" front 1.3" rear). the rear was able to be adjusted with the factory arms.

the fronts i used camber bolts and they were able to get some camber back but were maxed out. shop recommended i get camber plates instead.

OP
OP
Bigred911s

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info guys. Greatly appreciated. I know BMR camber bolts give you +\-2.5 f adjustment. I'll grab a se of those.

Sponsored

Cali5.hoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i installed vogtland sport plus springs which are supposed to be 1.3" ish drop (ive heard 1.3", also heard 1.5" front 1.3" rear). the rear was able to be adjusted with the factory arms.

the fronts i used camber bolts and they were able to get some camber back but were maxed out. shop recommended i get camber plates instead.