Sponsored

Suspension Kits

s550_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Im looking for my next mod to be on the suspension of my car. Right now its lowered with eibach sportlines on stock shocks with 275/35/20 & 295/35/20 tires.

lately im hearing alot of squeaks and cracks and a little looser feel. i want more firm and solid feel and want to get some kit options

what would you guys recommend?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
S550GT,

Here is an article on our kit as reviewed by Ford Le Mans GT Driver - Billy Johnson:

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/4570/TESTED-Steeda-Anti-Wheel-Hop-Package.aspx

We have three (3) packages available with a starter kit to the ultimate kit:

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Stop-The-Hop-Starter-Kit-555-4455

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Stop-the-Hop-Enthusiast-Kit-15-18_p_13896.html

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-ultimate-irs-stop-the-hop-package-2015-all-555-2129.html

This is what Billy Johnson had to say after his testing:

Overall, we were very impressed with Steeda Autosports’s Ultimate “Stop the Hop” Package and Adjustable Differential Bushing Insert System in eliminating wheel hop and greatly improving the drivetrain response and handling of our 2016 Mustang. We feel that the Mustang should have been like this from the factory since there is virtually no increase in NVH, but the car is substantially more responsive and precise than before. We highly recommend installing these components for any drag racer, road racer, or your average driving enthusiast for the daily driver due to the significant improvements with zero downsides.
Let us know if we can assist - we are happy to help meet your suspension goals!

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a review from a member on Facebook - can't go wrong :)

Tossed on some Steeda progressives and a Stop-the-hop kit. It's amazing how something so simple can make the car look at handle like night and day difference!

OP
OP
s550_GT

s550_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
S550GT,

Here is an article on our kit as reviewed by Ford Le Mans GT Driver - Billy Johnson:

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/4570/TESTED-Steeda-Anti-Wheel-Hop-Package.aspx

We have three (3) packages available with a starter kit to the ultimate kit:

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Stop-The-Hop-Starter-Kit-555-4455

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Stop-the-Hop-Enthusiast-Kit-15-18_p_13896.html

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-ultimate-irs-stop-the-hop-package-2015-all-555-2129.html

This is what Billy Johnson had to say after his testing:

Let us know if we can assist - we are happy to help meet your suspension goals!

Best Regards,

TJ
This is perfect. Exactly what I was looking for thank you

Sponsored

BRYN@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
n4sm.com
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT vert
Having had two s550s now I can say just how good Steeda's suspension components are. My first car was a non PP GT on Steeda's Progressive springs and factory shocks/struts with the Ultimate Stop the Hop package. I also installed their sway bars with billet mounts and differential bushings. That car's handling was transformed. Literally night and day from stock condition. Virtually zero wheel hop on launches, took corners at speed like a champ with very little body roll, and inspired a lot of confidence in any driving situation.

My current one is a Whippled PP GT with the same Steeda mods minus the diff bushings and springs. It's on air though and also has Steeda's front K member brace. Thing is much more aggressive due to the upgraded shocks and struts but I knew when I bought it that Steeda parts were going on this one.

Point in case, this is another review from a guy that daily drove his first one for 30k miles and chose the same parts for his second because of how good it was the first time around. We are a distributor for Steeda but don't let that fool you. Top notch quality, ease of installation, no permanent modifications to the vehicle, and worth every penny.

Hope this helps. Lemme know if you wanna pick my brain on anything

:cheers:

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Mix and match for the best of both world's (see sig). I don't pimp anyone's products (not saying the guys above are...'cept TJ, hehe) and I put together what I feel is a great handling ride. Oh, and pops and creaks??? Bro, as soon as you start modding suspension and removing factory compliant rubber pieces you are most likely going to have those no matter what.

BRYN@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
n4sm.com
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT vert
[MENTION=29061]5.0_SD[/MENTION] all good man I know it seems I'm jockin' the blue. For the record guys my team sells other stuff too. I don't work for Steeda. It's just what I've had personal experience with

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My friends car developed a really bad squeak from his Steeda Vertical Link. There is no grease groove and the sticky as delivered steeda Grease wore off and started to fuse the bushing after a couple thousand miles. Once he re grease it the squeak went away.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=29061]5.0_SD[/MENTION] all good man I know it seems I'm jockin' the blue. For the record guys my team sells other stuff too. I don't work for Steeda. It's just what I've had personal experience with

We appreciate the support :cheers:

TJ

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
BRYN...wasn't calling anyone out but TJ, lol and notice the hehe next to that...TJ has to pimp Steeda...I would too if I worked there. I almost stopped by there when I was down in Ft Lauderdale for Christmas but time did not allow. And I've had great conversations with some guys there as well...and y'all did me righteous when the shop that did my install said that one shock came stripped from the factory...uh-huh, but you guys took care of me. I've also had great convos with Kelly at BMR and Terry at Beefcake.
ALL OF YOU GUYS DO A GREAT SERVICE FOR US ENTHUSIASTS!!!!
My point was, and I truly believe this, one company is not the end all, be all....they all have great products; I, and I limit that to I, bought what I thought were the best for the exception of the C/C plates (but I got a great deal on them and I don't think the J&M plates are that much inferior to Steeda/BMR/Cortex/Vorshlag, listed in no particular order...those 4 are the best C/C plates imho).

OP...point of all this...do your OWN due diligence; research and ask questions and do not be afraid to make a phone call to these guys...yes I said an old fashioned phone call...what a concept, get the facts straight from the peeps who make the parts or use them...no better info other than actually riding in a car with the parts you are looking for.

Last edited:

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
BMR kits

It depends what you're trying to aim for, really.
Toe links, lockout, links, etc. just have to pick and choose what you want to tackle first (or tackle them all!)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
^ Haha... yeah you can. I know from personal experience due to product DESIGN, not my installation.

Anyway, I ran Steeda vertical links for 20K+ pretty hard miles and 10 track days without re-lubing them once and never got a squeek. They have to be installed and greased properly, like any similar part, and their design reduces squeak risk and bushing damage more than anything out there. See the later pages for my build log for what they look like when I took them off (not because they were having issues).

My build log has everything I have on my car now. Questions? Let me know.

Alternative to Steeda springs I do recommend, from experience, is Swift Spec R (if you want to go with a linear spring that has a similar style drop as Steeda Progressive) - but I would run Steeda fixed dampers with those, personally. Up to you.

BRYN@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
n4sm.com
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT vert
[MENTION=29061]5.0_SD[/MENTION] Not a problem brotha I got the sarcasm. I've heard great things about both BMR and UPR as well. I have some UPR Products on my car and the quality is flawless. I would agree that there's not so much a need to keep a car brand specific but I do think the packages Steeda offers are a great way for guys to knock out say their whole IRS or get ready for a track day in a single transaction

:thumbsup:
Sponsored