Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
With Jeep getting a 707 HP V8 , it just does not make sense Ford would offer a GT500 with less than 750 HP.
Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Might be an optical illusion, or intentional padding... but did you notice the bulge in the B-pillar?
I don’t think it’s an illusion
The roof edge above the door looks different too at 20 seconds into the video

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I say this because we simply don’t know if the first Mid engine Corvette will be a high performance model or a Base model
Since there is pictures of the LT1 on the ME Corvette, I would put my money on "High Performance model".

I have a Ford 6.2l on the engine stand at my parents shop. It really isn't any wider than a Coyote motor. It is a couple of inches longer and I think it may be a little taller. I don't know how much wider a 4 valve version would be.
A couple of inches would make a huge difference in ergonomics (hand clearance) and assembly feasibility (among other things). The S550 simply can't ft a wider engine than the Coyote.

Isnt it already in the Transit?
Well... not really.

Right now the "Big Transit" has three options: 3.7 V6, 3.5 V6 Ecoboost and L5 3.2 Powerstroke. The "little" Transit Connect has the 2.5L as the only option available (unless the website is wrong).

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Interesting, I thought I saw in another thread that at least 4 of them were confirmed to be not happening. I'm probably getting it mixed up with something else
I think I heard something like that earlier..... but then I saw how those engines being unveil and said "well... it looks like the sheet wasn't that wrong..."

With Jeep getting a 707 HP V8 , it just does not make sense Ford would offer a GT500 with less than 750 HP.
I don't know how Jeep getting a 707HP V8 would make a difference in which engine the GT500 should offer or not.

I mean, Dodge has the Durango.... Is it bad for the Mustang to be 2 row only when Dodge has a 3 row Durango?

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I just think it is odd that some say the GT500 will just have a little over 700 HP. How can one be blown away with such a power level when an SUV can match it. Yawn !

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think I heard something like that earlier..... but then I saw how those engines being unveil and said "well... it looks like the sheet wasn't that wrong..."

I don't know how Jeep getting a 707HP V8 would make a difference in which engine the GT500 should offer or not.

I mean, Dodge has the Durango.... Is it bad for the Mustang to be 2 row only when Dodge has a 3 row Durango?
Comparing apples and oranges ether a person wants a bad ass suv or a person wants a bad ass car. Give me the bad ass car every time.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
:ford:I've watched while "hiding" and also reading this thread and have a friend who is selling his GT 500 {2009} low mileage and built for 600 plus HP with go-fast parts which indicates "something is happening" but can't get a solid confirmation on the specifics.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just think it is odd that some say the GT500 will just have a little over 700 HP. How can one be blown away with such a power level when an SUV can match it. Yawn !
You are REALLY going to be disappointed when you find out the HP of an ocean liner's engines.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Can the general chit-chat and bench racing go to one of the many other threads? Every time I see this one updated, I hope it's with something real...

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Since Ford has moved engine design past the 1950s, meaning dohc on most if not all engines, a big block won't fit. They fit in the Chevys and Chryslers because those are pushrod motors with little cylinder heads.
So, no, the big block is very unlikely in any Mustang. Heck, in the late 60s they were a very tight fit with the old pushrod motor. The 429 with its large valved heads were a thing of beauty.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Are people honestly looking at this relative to a Trackhawk? SMH. Dodge/Jeep is the brand of "because we can". No sane car person is going, "but that Jeep similar power!"

BTW, got my first track experience in a GT350 at COTA last week. If you need much more than that you're an exceptional driver and/or are a little 'off', like a top fuel or rally driver. :lol:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I kinda like that slogan "because we can"
We already know ford can offer a track pack, they did it on the last GT500, but how about in addition they add a drag pack option. Sounds cool, but they won't do it.
Fords slogan "Because we can't"

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
BTW, got my first track experience in a GT350 at COTA last week. If you need much more than that you're an exceptional driver and/or are a little 'off', like a top fuel or rally driver. :lol:
You probably realize that on the track vs. the street makes a big difference. The GT350 isn't so crazy under 30 mph, but the Voodoo definitely does wake up at 40+ mph.

Also, if you drive a GT350 most days for a couple years, no matter who you are you will start to get used to it and at least be open to more power. I'm sure people who spend a lot of time at the track would prefer more power than the GT350 has. Heck, even as a relative novice I would welcome another 100 hp, especially if it was in a naturally aspirated form.

Now the 700+ hp range seems like a bit much, to me at least.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You probably realize that on the track vs. the street makes a big difference. The GT350 isn't so crazy under 30 mph, but the Voodoo definitely does wake up at 40+ mph.

Also, if you drive a GT350 most days for a couple years, no matter who you are you will start to get used to it and at least be open to more power. I'm sure people who spend a lot of time at the track would prefer more power than the GT350 has. Heck, even as a relative novice I would welcome another 100 hp, especially if it was in a naturally aspirated form.

Now the 700+ hp range seems like a bit much, to me at least.
Yeah I get that. Randy Pobst was asked if he could have anything with the R what would it be..."100 more HP". I found it overall seriously impressive, even though knowing 526 hp isn't that much these days in a 3800 lb car.
Sponsored