Sponsored

***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I installed mine this weekend I used an old shirt rolled it up a little bit and stuffed it in through the side and hold it under in place use of needle nose pliers and pulled it back slowly. Then when I was done I pushed down the shirt tour where it was much lower and push the hose into it and let gravity take place for the rest of the line to get the fluid out of it that way when I pulled off the back against the firewall hardly anything came out. I don't have the smallest hands but it was still easy enough to do you can use small Rags even.
Sponsored

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there actually much into changing this line? Any issues of possible air getting into the system? I have the kit from Steeda to install but have been hesitant on doing it myself. Any thoughts? And yes I have watched the Steeda video.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is there actually much into changing this line? Any issues of possible air getting into the system? I have the kit from Steeda to install but have been hesitant on doing it myself. Any thoughts? And yes I have watched the Steeda video.
Mine was a little rough for the first few miles after pumping the pedal for a few minutes, but nothing major. This is a gravity-feed line before the clutch master cylinder, so it’s not like you’re getting air in the pressurized line. Also, it helps to have a wife or girlfriend with small hands to put the Steeda line on the firewall side. :headbonk:

Last edited:

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
so a rubber hose is the trick ? wont that rubber get hot over time and collapse ?

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to our master certified installer - Yes you will get air in the line, it will self bleed. Due to the angle and position of the line, all the air will be expelled in the reservoir during the installation. It is recommended to have the reservoir full during the install. Air is lighter than the brake fluid that is in this system, and will quickly rise to the highest point of the system. There is no chance of any air being trapped in the line.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I was about to say "let's see how much they're gonna charge for a piece of rubber hose and 2 clips" expecting way more than the $10 you're asking ... well done!

Well, it is $15 now.

Is there any reason one can't just add a hose clamp to the existing OEM hose to add more security?

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Why not just put a zip tie around the factory connection to keep it from backing off?

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why not just put a zip tie around the factory connection to keep it from backing off?
That would work if you weren’t having issues other than worrying about it slipping off. It kept mine pushed all the way on for months.

In the Ohio River valley we’re generally at 90%RH through the summer and sometimes in the morning mine wouldn’t go into gear without a fight because moisture was getting into my system. Put the tube on and haven’t had a problem since, even through the rain and tornados of the last few days. Sure, I could’ve bought a hose and hose clamps and done it myself, but I was buying $1k worth of suspension parts from them anyway and went ahead and added the $10. :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That would work if you weren’t having issues other than worrying about it slipping off. It kept mine pushed all the way on for months.

In the Ohio River valley we’re generally at 90%RH through the summer and sometimes in the morning mine wouldn’t go into gear without a fight because moisture was getting into my system. Put the tube on and haven’t had a problem since, even through the rain and tornados of the last few days. Sure, I could’ve bought a hose and hose clamps and done it myself, but I was buying $1k worth of suspension parts from them anyway and went ahead and added the $10. :)
Same!!! I was having so many issues with my clutch, ESPECIALLY when it was humid out. Have had ZERO issue with simply replacing the line with this rubber hose. I can hardly believe it myself.

Sponsored

pike bishop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT, shadow blk, 401a, pp...
as steeda mentions, a set of bent needle nose pliers is a considerable help when tightening down supplied clamp at firewall.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
I have a 2018 GT, build date 2/18. I have *no slack* and plenty of white showing. The hose looks way too tight in there. Come on Ford. This is that lack of attention to detail that really annoys me.

Ford has the hose listed as part of a larger assembly 7A543. For reference:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/master-cylinder-assy-6412889-1

I also have less than perfect clutch action at less than 1k miles so hoping this takes care of things.

Anyway, just ordered the Steeda replacement for $15. It's cheap insurance. Let you know how it goes.

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just installed mine. Definitely worth having for a peace of mind.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
i put on the steeda kit over the weekend. Immediately clutch feels firmer and the "nibbling" while shifting 1st and 2nd i would get just about every morning is gone. WTH ?? All good thus far..
Sponsored

Last edited: