HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That’s bad ass!!!!
What gear was the 1194 pull?
Curious cause I know some were seeing issues in 7th with 900+hp so they were using 5th and 6th gears which I know read lower
We made all of these pulls in 6th. It will show lower numbers than a 7th gear pull in our experience.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
The thing about the correction factor is that the motor never really experiences the torque that it would in the theoretical environment. It put down the torque necessary for 940whp under the conditions of the day, which is awesome. However, it did not undergo the extra 200 ft/lbs or so of torque needed to make nearly 1200whp.

It's a good test for the turbo kit. It's not a good indication that stock coyotes can lay down 1200 whp in the ideal circumstances, yet. That may sound contradictory, but ideal circumstances are actually harder on the motor than the turbo.

However I don't know how you get 27% correction.

NikNala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold-18 GT A10
The thing about the correction factor is that the motor never really experiences the torque that it would in the theoretical environment. It put down the torque necessary for 940whp under the conditions of the day, which is awesome. However, it did not undergo the extra 200 ft/lbs or so of torque needed to make nearly 1200whp.

It's a good test for the turbo kit. It's not a good indication that stock coyotes can lay down 1200 whp in the ideal circumstances, yet. That may sound contradictory, but ideal circumstances are actually harder on the motor than the turbo.

However I don't know how you get 27% correction.
Albuquerque is around 5,300 feet above sea level. My bet is Density Altitude that day was over 8,000 feet.

Mike5876

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue GT 1194 RWHP
car

Albuquerque is around 5,300 feet above sea level. My bet is Density Altitude that day was over 8,000 feet.
actually DynoEdge is on the east part of town at almost 6000 ft

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT

Yeah I'm with you on that. The car made great power, but it didn't make 1194whp.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
looks great!

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah I'm with you on that. The car made great power, but it didn't make 1194whp.
Hello, just want to clarify this with everyone.

We always use correction (as everyone should) when posting/speaking about our results. We have been dynoing these types of cars for almost 20 years---this includes at elevation, sea level and everywhere in between. The correction factor using Dyno Jet dynos are 100% accurate. We have taken vehicles from our dyno straight to sea level and made within 1 hp on more occasions than we can count. It is stone cold reliable every time. At sea level in cold atmospheric conditions the correction factor will actually take HP away to show a true corrected number, so we always go by correction.

This is the highest HP we have ever recorded with this combo, about 100 more than the Gen 2 coyote, mostly due to the increased compression and upgraded High Pressure XDI pump. This was just the first with this combination. We have several customers who are upgrading to this setup all over the country as we speak...you will see this HP number on all of those dynos.

If anyone has and questions please feel free to ask.

Team Hellion

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Hello, just want to clarify this with everyone.

We always use correction (as everyone should) when posting/speaking about our results. We have been dynoing these types of cars for almost 20 years---this includes at elevation, sea level and everywhere in between. The correction factor using Dyno Jet dynos are 100% accurate. We have taken vehicles from our dyno straight to sea level and made within 1 hp on more occasions than we can count. It is stone cold reliable every time. At sea level in cold atmospheric conditions the correction factor will actually take HP away to show a true corrected number, so we always go by correction.

This is the highest HP we have ever recorded with this combo, about 100 more than the Gen 2 coyote, mostly due to the increased compression and upgraded High Pressure XDI pump. This was just the first with this combination. We have several customers who are upgrading to this setup all over the country as we speak...you will see this HP number on all of those dynos.

If anyone has and questions please feel free to ask.

Team Hellion
I'm not saying the correction factor isn't accurate for the DA you were experiencing.

I AM saying that if you took that car to Florida (or somewhere with 0 DA) and made a dyno pull on the same settings, it does NOT mean that stock motor can handle the 1194whp it would make.

It could, but I'm worried it could deceive people into thinking a stock Gen 3 Coyote can handle 1194whp.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Just a thought.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm not saying the correction factor isn't accurate for the DA you were experiencing.

I AM saying that if you took that car to Florida (or somewhere with 0 DA) and made a dyno pull on the same settings, it does NOT mean that stock motor can handle the 1194whp it would make.

It could, but I'm worried it could deceive people into thinking a stock Gen 3 Coyote can handle 1194whp.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Just a thought.
We understand your thoughts.

We do not recommend continuous 1000hp+ pulls/dyno/racing with any coyote that does not have an aftermarket sleeve. The factory block will eventually develop cracks in our experience.

The purpose of this test was to push the limits of the workings of the engine itself with our turbo/fuel system. We definitely do not try to have engine damage when testing. We carefully watch all engine controls (knock etc.) and take that into consideration when making pulls. This combo (gen 3) has made more power per pound of boost than older engines. This data shows the potential in a full build.

The next step in our testing will be an built engine and building on the base we have set with this past test, and see where we can take it.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
We understand your thoughts.

We do not recommend continuous 1000hp+ pulls/dyno/racing with any coyote that does not have an aftermarket sleeve. The factory block will eventually develop cracks in our experience.

The purpose of this test was to push the limits of the workings of the engine itself with our turbo/fuel system. We definitely do not try to have engine damage when testing. We carefully watch all engine controls (knock etc.) and take that into consideration when making pulls. This combo (gen 3) has made more power per pound of boost than older engines. This data shows the potential in a full build.

The next step in our testing will be an built engine and building on the base we have set with this past test, and see where we can take it.
:headbang::headbang::headbang: Excited to see where you take these 2018s! Bring one to some low DA and get one in the 8s!

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
very nice. i really like how you guys are testing out new things (specially the DI pump) on these engines. it is pretty amazing when the stock block took that much power and is still running after.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.