Sponsored

18' MT82 Cast Aluminum Shift Forks

geddy lee

c/o Solar Federation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just curious, has Ford created any internal TSB/GSM/SSM regarding the 2018 MT82 shift fork issue?

I mean, for those that have failed, you can’t tell me that Ford is just putting the same parts back in as replacements, are they?? That just would not make any sense for a warranty repair, since they could (or would) fail like the originals.

Same question here - besides that do we have any more concrete cases like the one from LS_Eater with more information and detailed descriptions ?
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I have a good friend thats a trans tech at Gaudin ford here in Las Vegas, he states no TSB or anything for the transmissions yet, He also stated that from a system he is looking into they have less then 15 or so direct issues with the MT82 "internal transmission repairs" He does say that doesnt mean every reported issue is under that. Nor does it mean that its a shift fork. Here in Vegas he claims none of the dealerships have had a issue yet. He claims that ford is checking casting and stuff to see if that what the problem is. And i guess/assume it could be a casting flaw.

I know people say ford didnt "test" these properly, but when they came out a lot of these cars were thrown to magazines, auto Jurno's and the such and were beat for days much harder then most of us beat on them a weekend at a time. literally hundreds of passes days at a time over and over. I personally am not to worried about it yet, I know ill be taken care of there even modified due to him working there. but so far its a handful of cases.. its not RS head gasket levels yet lol.

He is going to see if he can get a screen shot of the numbers. But like he said, some dealerships may not have put the shift fork as internal repairs, or internal repairs could mean something other then a shift fork.

geddy lee

c/o Solar Federation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
He is going to see if he can get a screen shot of the numbers. But like he said, some dealerships may not have put the shift fork as internal repairs, or internal repairs could mean something other then a shift fork.

Thanks - I appreciate that :cheers: Still hoping that our forks stay strong.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
People are saying OMG because they are failing.
How many are failing? What percentage of total cars built?

I can go all "fast and Furious" on any stick shift and break it if I wanted.

As someone else here stated, "mechanical sympathy" goes a long way.
Sponsored