Sponsored

CEL........2018 GT A10

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Threw a P0111 code this weekend at 276 miles . Cleared it . No pending codes presently on last check.The IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor is a thermistor that varies resistance based upon the temperature of the engine intake air. Usually a two wire sensor. One wire is supplied 5 Volt from the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) and the other is a ground. The PCM monitors the change in the 5 Volt supplied to determine air temperature. When the intake air is cold, the resistance is high, resulting in a high signal voltage.
Since this code is likely pointing to an intermittent problem on the IAT circuit, there may not be any symptoms at present. However, the MIL will likely be on. The car MAY exhibit some drivability problems, but it is more likely that there will be no noticeable symptoms to the driver.Potential causes of the P0111 DTC include:
a bad IAT sensor
an open in the signal or ground circuit
a short to ground on the signal circuit
poor connection at sensor or PCM
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
My buddies '18 GT a10 also threw a cel at like 250 miles then it went away and the dealer didn't see a code when they checked it.

BTW I thought you were getting an Ecoboost?
I did get the Ecoboost. Just over 200 miles on it now. :headbang:

OP
OP

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Added another 100 miles to near 650. No pending code or CEL.:headbang:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I now consider this issue to be resolved.......:cool:

I’m so happy for you!

But I should also tell you that worse things will happen to you and your car. Horrible things you will remember for the rest of your life... But bask in this moment. This moment is yours. The code did not come back. Life is still all rainbows and unicorns. Dogs licking cats. McDonald drive through getting your order right. What is the word? Utopia... :thumbsup:

OP
OP

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Well , issue not resolved. Pulled a pending code at 726 miles. Reappeared almost 500 miles later. First code seen at 276 miles. I cleared the pending code once more. No CEL was shown yet. If it returns once more , i will leave the CEL on & not clear it. Looks like the MAF will have to be replaced. IAT is integrated into it. Probable faulty unit . This would be the easy solution. When the code is thrown a third time , i will schedule a dealership visit for the Warranty work. There have been no mods & the car is bone factory stock. There have been no other codes or issues. Took delivery February 2018.
Sponsored

Last edited: