Sponsored

Whoda thunk Steedas clutch spring would make such a difference.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Just popped in my new Steeda clutch spring because, like lots of others, I just could not the 1-2 shifts right.

Went for a quick spin to try it out and I have never pulled out of my driveway so smoothly. I can finally feel my clutch. This little spring is worth its weight in gold...:headbang:
Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Just popped in my new Steeda clutch spring because, like lots of others, I just could not the 1-2 shifts right.

Went for a quick spin to try it out and I have never pulled out of my driveway so smoothly. I can finally feel my clutch. This little spring is worth its weight in gold...:headbang:
It's a HELL of a lot better than the stock spring ain't it. I still screw up the 1-2 shift sometimes though lol...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah this is one that everyone with a manual should do. It's surprising how long some folks take to come around and then say they should've done it ages ago!

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
Finally putting mine in this weekend, among other things when I pull it out of storage. Can't wait to get back to rowing gears again!

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Wonder how much of a difference there is from Steeda spring to no spring at all as I tried that (no spring) and did not like it so popped the original back in again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Yeah this is one that everyone with a manual should do. It's surprising how long some folks take to come around and then say they should've done it ages ago!
I have had the car for 2 year's now and still stumbled on 1-2 shifts. Just could never seem to find that sweet spot. I have been contemplating this mod for a long time. I guess like others that haven't done it, but want to, I was just questioning how a differently weighted spring could make this much difference to the feel. and maybe some think it will make the clutch too heavy. :shrug:

But I can say, with all honesty, the clutch now feels like I think it should. A "little" firmer, but so much smoother.

THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!!:cheers:

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Wonder how much of a difference there is from Steeda spring to no spring at all as I tried that (no spring) and did not like it so popped the original back in again.
I should have tried that before I install the Steeda, but didn't.:doh:

But the new spring can be easily removed, so when I get the opportunity, I may give that a go. If I do, I will let ya know...:thumbsup:

BTW.... What didn't you like about "no spring"?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've done both. The steeda spring reduced pedal effort but kept 90% of the improvement in feel. Best overall of the three options, for certain. I'd never go back to the stock clutch spring.

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Finally putting mine in this weekend, among other things when I pull it out of storage. Can't wait to get back to rowing gears again!
Still in storage!!!!!:doh: Mine has been out for a week.....:headbang:

When you change it, make sure you have a good set of locking pliers. I changed out and reinstalled in under 5 minutes.

BTW....putting the new spring in is very easy...no need for locking pliers for install. Just depress the clutch fully, insert the top side, squeeze the mechanism with your hand and slip the bottom portion into place.

Like Bill from CJ says.... "You will be back on the road in no time":lol:

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Add in the Ford short throw shifter and it’s even better!

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I put 25k on my 15 with no spring before I tried the Steeda spring. The Steeda spring increases the effort slightly above the over center and reduces the effort slightly below the over center. It gives you a much more linear feel top to bottom than no spring.

When I got my 17 the first thing I did when I got home was put the Steeda spring in.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
The car should come from the factory with a Steeda spring. With all their customers switching springs out you would think Ford would change the rate, but they probably had X number of springs made and it will be this way until they are gone.

Is the Mustang the only passenger vehicle Ford makes with a stick?

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I bought this spring last year and still have yet to put it in, maybe I should do that this weekend.

Is the Mustang the only passenger vehicle Ford makes with a stick?
Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, hell I think you can still get a base focus/fiesta with a 5spd manual trans.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Pretty big difference in pedal effort. I drove without it for a week until the Steeda spring came in, and the clutch felt pedal felt really heavy. The Steeda spring helped in that, but it took out the vagueness of the stock spring. Literally best of both worlds.

rmreid17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
Will be installing mine this weekend :clap2:
Sponsored