Sponsored

'18 Mustang: center console compartment light

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I guess this is normal, but I noticed tonight that after shutting down and locking the car, the center console compartment light stays on for some time. Even with the lid closed I can see it shining through the latch mechanism. I'm just OCD enough that I hate walking away from my car wondering if it's really going to turn that light off...
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Does it go off eventually? The switch might not be getting pushed in all the way if there is one.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I noticed mine seems to do the same, and the Sync screen stayed on as well, at least for a few minutes (I didn't stay and look at it for a long time).

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Pretty sure it's supposed to... click the fobb until it engages the alarm. It will make them turn off. I think there is also a setting for it. I think it's called complimentary lighting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zathras

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I couldn't find any mechanical switch for the center console light, but it does go off after a while maybe 5 or 10 mins...seems to be on a timed circuit.

Like Arthonon, sometimes at night I also notice my sync screen goes black, but not fully "off"...the backlight is still on for a few minutes, making the screen glow a bit.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I couldn't find any mechanical switch for the center console light, but it does go off after a while maybe 5 or 10 mins...seems to be on a timed circuit.

Like Arthonon, sometimes at night I also notice my sync screen goes black, but not fully "off"...the backlight is still on for a few minutes, making the screen glow a bit.
I think it’s part of the internal hinge based on whether or not the lid is open. Watch some cj pony parts video where he tears it down to alcantera wrap the lid.

Last edited:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Mine turns on and off. The switch is on the hinge.

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
I guess this is normal, but I noticed tonight that after shutting down and locking the car, the center console compartment light stays on for some time. Even with the lid closed I can see it shining through the latch mechanism. I'm just OCD enough that I hate walking away from my car wondering if it's really going to turn that light off...
Most people who own Mustangs are OCD about them . Its just part of owning a world renowned sport car, that's been around for over 50 years.Enjoy & have fun with the ride. :cheers:

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I don't believe there is a switch on the '18. It turns on with the courtesy light, and then turns off a few minutes after exiting the car. Found this out because I had to have my center console top replaced under warranty, and thought the dealer messed something up. They didn't. It's how the '18 works. Guess Ford saved 50 cents a car by omitting the switch.

Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I took the bulbs out of the map lights.
There's no switch to keep all the lights in the car off, they turn on no matter what.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Trade your 18 in for a 16 to get the switch. 16’s are better anyways. You also get the blinker lights on the hood with the 16.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Trade your 18 in for a 16 to get the switch. 16’s are better anyways. You also get the blinker lights on the hood with the 16.
But 16s are slower, so pass. :D

Stang lion 786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2019
The center console light automatically shuts down after a few minutes for my 19 gt prem
Sponsored