Magnaflow 12469 resonated x pipe install--home built

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
CONGRATS!
Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
looks great!

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I bought all the pipes, clamps and couplers from Summit.

Got the muffler from amazon.

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Getting ready to do mine. Were you able to tuck it up far enough so it does not sit low?
Is the x muffler the lowest part of your exhaust? I'm worried about ground clearance.
Currently may car is crazy loud and absolutely ridiculous at WOT.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Getting ready to do mine. Were you able to tuck it up far enough so it does not sit low?
Is the x muffler the lowest part of your exhaust? I'm worried about ground clearance.
Currently may car is crazy loud and absolutely ridiculous at WOT.
I would say it is the lowest part of the car, yes. However it is not so low that it is going to cause clearance issues.

I will try and get a pic from the side with my laying on the ground in the next couple days.

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I would say it is the lowest part of the car, yes. However it is not so low that it is going to cause clearance issues.

I will try and get a pic from the side with my laying on the ground in the next couple days.
Thanks

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I am doing Vibrant 1794's on mine Thursday to try to chill this obnoxious Corsa front to back catless set up I had installed last week...

If these do not do the trick, I may look into the MF reso.

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nice work!

I don't want to piss in your Cheerios, but the 12469 isn't an X, it's a double Y. Which means both pipes run into 1 single 3" pipe then back to 2. It may not make an HP difference but Magnaflow was'nt too keen on the idea for my application.

I only mention this because if anyone else is considering this mod you can get the 12468 which is the 2.5 inch version and a TruX.
Hey I have the MAK cat delete pipes connected to Corsa Sport Catback, I have the factory connect cat delete because it bottlenecks down to 2.5 to connect to the Corsa Sport. I am looking to quiet the system down a bit, which part number magnaflow would I need to Bolton and fit? Would the 2.5 inch 12468 work?

Last edited:

Sponsored

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey I have the MAK cat delete pipes connected to Corsa Sport Catback, I have the factory connect cat delete because it bottlenecks down to 2.5 to connect to the Corsa Sport. I am looking to quiet the system down a bit, which part number magnaflow would I need to Bolton and fit? Would the 2.5 inch 12468 work?
That’s what I used and it turned out perfect. Had my x pipe cut and welded it in at a shop.

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That’s what I used and it turned out perfect. Had my x pipe cut and welded it in at a shop.
Yeah, I'm also considering

https://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/11386/10002/-1

it's very similar to the 12468 the 11386 is a 4x9 and 12468 is a 5x8... Not sure what difference the two make in sound. Do you think it's possible to weld this in between the cat delete and Corsa sport and still keep the double x pipe part of the Corsa? Or must this replace the x pipe part? I feel like the double x is part of the whole no drone design of it.

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah, I'm also considering

https://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/11386/10002/-1

it's very similar to the 12468 the 11386 is a 4x9 and 12468 is a 5x8... Not sure what difference the two make in sound. Do you think it's possible to weld this in between the cat delete and Corsa sport and still keep the double x pipe part of the Corsa? Or must this replace the x pipe part? I feel like the double x is part of the whole no drone design of it.
There is no room in that spot. Also that other muffler is 9 inches wide. It's a tight fit to get it right and adding an inch will make it worse. Mine is right after the factory connect. I really have no drone. You could also buy the complete pipe from CJ pony parts. I can't see fitting it without removing your double x.

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There is no room in that spot. Also that other muffler is 9 inches wide. It's a tight fit to get it right and adding an inch will make it worse. Mine is right after the factory connect. I really have no drone. You could also buy the complete pipe from CJ pony parts. I can't see fitting it without removing your double x.
Really? I was told the 11368 is nasibasicthe cj pony part murflmu without the piping they add? I already bought it so hopefully it fits otherwise I have to return it for the 12468. I hope replacing the double x pipe with this doesn't ruin the sound.
Sponsored