Sponsored

2018+ GT Performance Package Level 1 Worth $4k?

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Please no auto car wash... :frusty:
It’s going to be Silver...what could go wrong...2008 Tundra Silver looks great.....

I love the reaction when I do this...sorry man...gotta sick sense of humor.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think it all depends on what you're using it for. If you're not on the track with it then I just don't see the point. More expensive brakes to replace, that aren't necessary for street and it's more expensive to find winter tires and wheels if you drive in the snow. also suspension is little more stiff for crappy roads
If you live where it's warm all year and nice roads to air it out then i'd say its worth it.
just my 2 cents

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I think it all depends on what you're using it for. If you're not on the track with it then I just don't see the point. More expensive brakes to replace, that aren't necessary for street and it's more expensive to find winter tires and wheels if you drive in the snow. also suspension is little more stiff for crappy roads
If you live where it's warm all year and nice roads to air it out then i'd say its worth it.
just my 2 cents

You guys probably get more bad weather than me in south Denver, is 63 today. :)

we get over 300 days of sun a year.

Anyway my car will NEVER see snow.....I got the tundra for that...car probably wont see rain unless I get surprised by it. So for me I think it is a great deal seeing as I have no intentions of any modifications. I know this is always a debate here and Ive been part of those but I just made my decision based on my needs.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
You guys probably get more bad weather than me in south Denver, is 63 today. :)

we get over 300 days of sun a year.

Anyway my car will NEVER see snow.....I got the tundra for that...car probably wont see rain unless I get surprised by it. So for me I think it is a great deal seeing as I have no intentions of any modifications. I know this is always a debate here and Ive been part of those but I just made my decision based on my needs.
I see your 63 and raise you 70 degrees... the temperature here today in so cal : ) lol

Of course I think we have sun 400 days a year... umm anyone have some water we can borrow? Lol

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I see your 63 and raise you 70 degrees... the temperature here today in so cal : ) lol

Of course I think we have sun 400 days a year... umm anyone have some water we can borrow? Lol
I see your 70 and raise you 80 in south Florida today. But then I remember I live in Florida and I concede to your SoCal.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If you live next to the mountains = Performance pack worth it for sure!
I’m jealous of you all right now

Shadowblack5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
If you live next to the mountains = Performance pack worth it for sure!
I’m jealous of you all right now
Me too, I lived in SoCal for 5 years and last year moved to north Carolina, all the speed limits around here are 55 mph and not a twisty road within hours of me, It's pretty rough. That said, still went with the PP because eventually I'll be leaving here, and I'll kick myself later if I didn't get it just to save a few bucks.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Just ordered yesterday and can probably change it if need be...

I wanted it because I loved the wheels. Those black rims are hot with the low profile tires. I drove it and it handled well. The Brembos were touchy in city traffic although that may have been because the car had all of 23 miles.

But living in the NE that means those summer only tires will need to swap for all seasons so I can drive in the cold but not snow. Another $1k. Since it's a staggered setup any tire warranties are cut in half. Not many options in those sizes either.

I'm not sure the rest would be of value to me as I'll never track it, and live in the NE where we don't have those awesome mountain roads like you guys out west, etc. I want a car that I can drive for 2-3 hours and not feel too beat up.

For now I'm keeping my $4k but may change it as I'm on the fence.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I got it so I could get the Magnaride. At least that's the part I'll take the most advantage of. I may autocross at some point, so it'll help for that as well.

Sponsored

Shadowblack5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Just ordered yesterday and can probably change it if need be...

I wanted it because I loved the wheels. Those black rims are hot with the low profile tires. I drove it and it handled well. The Brembos were touchy in city traffic although that may have been because the car had all of 23 miles.

But living in the NE that means those summer only tires will need to swap for all seasons so I can drive in the cold but not snow. Another $1k. Since it's a staggered setup any tire warranties are cut in half. Not many options in those sizes either.

I'm not sure the rest would be of value to me as I'll never track it, and live in the NE where we don't have those awesome mountain roads like you guys out west, etc. I want a car that I can drive for 2-3 hours and not feel too beat up.

For now I'm keeping my $4k but may change it as I'm on the fence.
This is probably an unpopular choice, but I've been running the PS4S tires on mine in the freezing (down to around 20 degrees), as long as there wasn't ice or snow on the ground, and they have been absolutely fine. I tried this with the PZeros on my 16 GTPP and I wouldn't recommend that. Ultimately, I'd buy a set of legitimate winter tires and use those when needed and just run the PS4S when they aren't needed.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I stopped modding my Stangs 3 or 4 Mustangs ago. Factory OEM Or Bust!

That noted, saying "I have PP1" or "mod x" or "mod z" is largely boasting rights and seldom serves any functional purpose for the vast majority of owners.

Obviously, people can still do whatever they want. But that needed to be said, so I said it.

OP
OP

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
I stopped modding my Stangs 3 or 4 Mustangs ago. Factory OEM Or Bust!

That noted, saying "I have PP1" or "mod x" or "mod z" is largely boasting rights and seldom serves any functional purpose for the vast majority of owners.

Obviously, people can still do whatever they want. But that needed to be said, so I said it.

There’s definitely appeal in buying everything you want from the factory and staying stock and under warranty. I personally just love modding my cars.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
my 18/A10 is my first S550 PP car (I have 2 non PP 15's to compare with - premium/auto/Hellion and manual/base/KB )and its definitely worth it ....or may be the 18 is just that much better than tbe 15's.
Its not just the stronger/smoother engine /A10 but the ride quality but that may just be the magnaride/tires .

bloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
It is definitely a great value for the money. You would not be able to get all of the items for 4k, not to mention that if you get the car for under MSRP then you are actually paying even less. I personally opted for a non-PP1 300A because I was trying to keep the cost as low as possible, but there was no doubt in my mind that PP1 was a great bang for the buck. I think the real argument, like some have already stated, is whether you are planning to buy a lot of aftermarket items that would directly replace the items from the performance package. If this is the case, then I would argue that getting PP1 would be a waste of money, but that still has nothing to do with the fact that it is a great value for the parts that it includes.
Sponsored