Potential GT buyer

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Not judging you buddy no need to justify yourself :)

Mines a hobby
For sure.

Same here. Hobby/infatuation.

Don’t really think you can go wrong either way really. Good price on a 17. New toys on a 18.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Toys cost money - well worth it!

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Lol the droopy front end they've made the 18 mustang more like the gt350 which had the lower front end and is very similar to the new my18 design never heard anyone say the gt350 had a droopy front end.
I don't think there will be too much discount on the 17 models from dealer because firstly its a premium car and ford tend not discount those too much.
secondly the its kind of a diff animal to the new one with extra toys and options so will appeal to diff buyers trying to keep under the tax brackets .
I was personally waiting for the the 18 but lucked into a deal with a cancelled order which gave the dealer the deposit to play with so got a few things thrown in and only waited three weeks from deposit to pick up lol .
if I can afford it in a year or so will be getting an 18 as a second toy lol .
have fun with whatever you decide they great cars ,every time I press the start button I smile and walk away from her looking back at it ,even the other half smiles indoors when she hears it start up lol.
and the modding just makes it all personal .
Brad

OP
OP

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, shadow black.
Hi guys

Thanks for all the response you've all given me some great info, my local dealer wasn't giving me the deal I quite wanted and the car had a couple of body work alignment issues and they weren't 100% sure whether they could fix it or not so they didn't give me the most confidence. I've decided I'm going to sell my car privately and go hunting for a deal on a new or nearly new example. I've heard the mustangs aren't the best for the body work quality so my best bet is seeing the car I'm buying rather than ordering a car and hoping for the best. One thing is for sure I will soon be getting a mustang as it's an itch I need to scratch!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So did you buy Scooby...Or still sitting on the fence.??
Hi Pete

Thanks again for the PM mate, I will be selling my car privately so it will give me a bit more ammo to bargain with rather having to px, if I can't shift my car then I will px it but I cant see mine hanging around for to long as there aren't many for sale.

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Hi Pete

Thanks again for the PM mate, I will be selling my car privately so it will give me a bit more ammo to bargain with rather having to px, if I can't shift my car then I will px it but I cant see mine hanging around for to long as there aren't many for sale.
That makes sense, and the same i would do.
Tara at Sandcliffes Leics, was certainly on the ball asked them not to fit the plates surrounds and keep the window sticker, and she picked me up from the station too..:ford:

All in all a completely hassle free purchase. I did spy they have a few Mustangs in stock..just dont hang about too long if i were you.
My Grabber Blue Auto is the dogs danglies..Cant wait until its `run in`.....a real pleasure car to drive...

Roll on Spring...going to take the wheels off now, and wash it again :love:

Good luck with yr sale, you wont be disappointed i am sure..:thumbsup:

OP
OP

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to be ordering my mustang next week, a dealer local to me has given me good price and they seem to know what they're on about! I see that ford do the eibach pro springs and I'm thinking about getting these fitted for when i collect the car, has anyone had these fitted and if so it would be great to hear some feedback and pictures of the stance if possible please.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm going to be ordering my mustang next week, a dealer local to me has given me good price and they seem to know what they're on about! I see that ford do the eibach pro springs and I'm thinking about getting these fitted for when i collect the car, has anyone had these fitted and if so it would be great to hear some feedback and pictures of the stance if possible please.
Great news! What exactly will you be going for?

I have the Eibach springs from Ford...along with 25mm spacers on the front and 23mm on the rear. Installed at gt101

Pics below should give you a good idea on the stance :D

I had the same springs (Eiback pro kit) on my Ecoboost and having thrown that around more than my GT (so far), I can say it makes a huge difference. A real feeling of being more planted; less "wobble" and it removes that "floaty" feeling in the back end when you take corners. A must have mod IMO.

[/url]Golden hour drive home, Wantage, Oxfordshire - B4944 by Kristian GR, on Flickr[/IMG]

36678116783_add6ba8d3a_k.jpg
Golden hour drive home, Wantage, Oxfordshire - B4944 by Kristian GR, on Flickr

36638517094_cc615d6b34_k.jpg
Golden hour drive home, Wantage, Oxfordshire - B4944 by Kristian GR, on Flickr

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
OP
OP

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Thanks mate :thumbsup: that's a great help! I'm going for a GT fastback manual in black, fully loaded. Cant wait, I'm going to miss my Nismo in away, I hope the mustang turns just as many heads. I need a V8 in my life before were all driving electric cars one day :(
How much did you sell your Nismo for? was it the MK1 or 2? Think it will be my next car. I miss my Zed so much!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I'm going for a GT fastback manual in black, fully loaded. Cant wait, I'm going to miss my Nismo in away, I hope the mustang turns just as many heads.
Might not turn as many heads as with say a red, orange or blue - apparently black is now most specified colour on cars generally so may be too samey. Although I will say the darker cars seem to look better on the 18, apart from blue.

OP
OP

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much did you sell your Nismo for? was it the MK1 or 2? Think it will be my next car. I miss my Zed so much!
I’ve got the mk2 buddy, it’s still available if you want it! 65 reg, 9,500 miles in white. Completely standard, I’ve got an ark exhaust available for it as well.
Sponsored