Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the same order date of 2/17 bur EDD of 5/17 for a PP1 car. There are many factors that can go into the order process such as priority numbers, the dealer can set a priority number anywhere from 10-99, 99 being the slowest and 10 being the fastest that the dealer can give, I do think cars can be given 1-10 only by a executive, I think don't quote me on that.
For reference, I ordered a PP1 on 2/27. My priority code is 11. No VIN yet.
Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Regardless, based on my personal experience and many many others experience that I have read about, I think everyone would have to agree the 2018 model year order/schedule/build/deliver process has been a major snafu.
Agreed.

For reference, I ordered a PP1 on 2/27. My priority code is 11. No VIN yet.
I'm not sure what mine is ill text my sales guy...

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I only got a Vehicle Buyer's Order

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Here's some good info, from Mustang1260 here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99780&page=2

99% of the folks here do not know nor understand the Ford ordering system and allocation process. They seem to think it is like Amazon and anyone can just order. It simply doesnt work that way.

There are very strong reasons why Ford will not even accept customer Retail orders until after production has begun and QC tests met. Now everyone tries to bypass that issue (me included) by getting a friendly dealer to order a "stock" car that just happens to meet the buyers build with a wink wink. But still- Ford will only accept stock orders for months... thus if there are delays etc no one can complain---dealers dont complain about such things generally, doesnt get you in good with the Regional Zone Manager.

Same goes for pricing....Ford may not have finalized it yet.... no need to, no customer orders for months and dealers don't generally care on a limited car. And everyone needs to understand the earlier Bullitts undersold but Ford never did the media push like they have for the 19 so it is a new game to some extent.

This car will be limited and allocated. But id be surprised if Ford gives out the number. Both the 01 and 08/09s sold well Under their announced plans by over 1000 units. There is only so much of a market for green cars.

There are some 3000 dealerships.....with mega dealers getting more cars yeah there are gonna be small dealerships getting 1 or none. Heck some dealerships wont even Order--too limited of a market.

Ordering on day 1 dont mean shit. Your dealer priority code 10-99 generally dont mean shit. If your dealer is only getting 1 Bullitt then it doesnt matter if your a 10 or 99. That number only comes into play when Ford moves forward with that dealerships allocation. And as yours at "99" is the only order in the system for that dealership it gets built. The priority code only has value if the dealership has 2-3-8 cars on Order then Ford will build them in Priority Code Order set by that dealership. People seem to think that Priority Code 10 gets them a rushed car from Ford. Sorry, no. It only means that when Ford decides to build cars for that dealership it is the first car built for that dealership...it does not help move up thst allocation from Ford.

Most dealers do not even use code 10. why? Simple--what if the dealer needs a car sooner then later for a relative, special customer etc....they can slot that order in ahead of other stock/retail orders with their #1 slot.

Again if no ine is assigned 10-15 and your #16 then your number 1 at the dealership. Ford does not say....lets just build Priority Code 11 cars this week....simply just doesnt work that way.

On that point you order day 1 with a priority code 10 at the small dealer in town. While your buddy Bubba orders his a month later at the mega store 1 town over and is given a 57 priority code...guess what...Bubba may get his car months before you do if mega turns and burns a lot of cars and they get better allocation from Ford.

Again, Ford has 3000 dealers-- you had better believe there is a pecking order as all 3000 cannot be #1.

Sponsored

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Regardless, based on my personal experience and many many others experience that I have read about, I think everyone would have to agree the 2018 model year order/schedule/build/deliver process has been a major snafu.
Yes - I wonder if part of it has to do with the record F150 sales. Since most of the Mustang driveline (engine/trans) is shared with the F150 it may make sense to allocate the builds to that vehicle. If for no other reason than the F150 has much higher margins.

But I still don't understand why all customer orders for anyone are not given the highest priority. You have a customer that wants a vehicle, get it to them ASAP.

Last edited:

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
FORD YOU ARE WEARING THIN

I usually buy a new ride every three years. That being said I have purchased Two new Thunderbirds and Six new Mustangs to date. I have NEVER had a problem in the past. But this ordering process for my 2018 was a nightmare. I waited (5) Months for delivery and I never actually received what I ordered . Well Boys and Girls never again. When it comes time for a new ride I think I will walk across the street and see what they offer.

If what FORD is doing to their customers now is any indication The guys and Girls ordering a 2019......well I can only say good luck.

PS: Do I like my 18 Yes!
Was it worth the wait No!

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Your point is a good one. When my salesman told me he wouldn’t drive with those tires unless it was 60 degrees, it was a big reason I chose the PP1. I was under the impression they were talking about trouble getting the wheels, rather than the tires. But who really knows?

The Cup 2 tires have been used on the C7 Corvette Z06's, and Grand Sports with the Z07 package for several years. The tires do not crack, and the warning while valid is meant for spirited driving before the tires warm up. Many of the folks on the Corvette Forum have reported that if you drive regularly until the tries warm up there isn't any problems. With that said, Corvette salespersons were telling buyers the same thing about the Cup tires, i.e. you can't drive them under 40 degrees, they will crack, blah blah. They also didn't know what they were talking about either.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I just checked Cotus, and my schedule hasn't changed for my non-PP GT convertible.

Ordered - 02/14
Vin# sent in approx. 1 1/2 weeks
TPW - 03/26
EDD 04/21

Of course from what we are seeing that really doesn't mean much. I can't understand what Ford has done since my last special order '13 Mustang that arrived in 5 weeks. Someones dropped the ball, then completely lost the damn thing.

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
But I still don't understand why all customer orders for anyone are not given the highest priority. You have a customer that wants a vehicle, get it to them ASAP. [/QUOTE]

Yes, I ordered from a small dealer on 12-26 I have a EDD of 5-11.

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
But I still don't understand why all customer orders for anyone are not given the highest priority. You have a customer that wants a vehicle, get it to them ASAP.
Yes, I ordered from a small dealer on 12-26 I have a EDD of 5-11.[/QUOTE]

I agree. One would think a vehicle that's been sold would have priority over a lot car that could sit for months unsold.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
While I understand a lot of people are getting frustrated, and it seems to be justified, I think we need to sit back and look at all the possible variables.

I placed my order originally on 12/17. I didn't hear anything for two months. To say that someone on this thread got a VIN in a week doesn't really mean much. A lot of guys know who to order from and have connections. If you don't and you don't know how well your dealer sells Mustangs then it seems like it will be a shot in the dark.

There were also four weeks since this winter that the plant was closed. I believe two for the holidays and two for upgrades. Also, it seems like there actually was an allotment issue for MagneRide cars.

Last but certainly not least, I don't think anyone is considering that (in at least my opinion) MY2018 might be one of the more popular Mustang years since it is a model refresh. All the upgrades compared to 2017 will definitely increase demand.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I would settle for a PP1 301A with Magneride and active valve exhaust. I could always swap wheels and spoiler later. I would prefer the Recaros, but the regular seats are fine for my needs. My dealer actually has a crimson one spec'd exactly this way, but I can't decide if I like that color or not. It looks to be as hard to keep clean as black. And, I told myself I would never own another black car. I guess I just need to be patient.

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XLT
The date at the bottom of my window sticker changed from 3/8/2018 to 2/15/2018. What is the meaning of this?
Assuming you mean 3/15 and not 2/15.

I had the same thing happen yesterday: the date on the bottom of the window sticker changed from 3/7 to 3/14. The blend date remained 3/14. I couldn't find anything else different between the old and new window stickers.
Sponsored