Sponsored

Performance Shift Indicator is kinda useless....

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Originally thought this was one of the coolest features on our cars. In hindsight, i don't think they put enough thought into it's functionality. First, when you're pushing that Voodoo beast to 8200 rpms, the indicator lights really aren't in your field of view, at least not if your eyes are focused on where you're going!!! Second, they all light up the same, so there's no way to tell when you're at redline? It would make more sense to have the last 4 or 6 lights in RED, giving you a hint that it's time to shift! Just my .02.....

Still an amazing car :headbang::headbang::ford:
Sponsored

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
did you try the setting where they start at the ends and meet at the middle, then flash? I'd have to play with it at a much lower setting to confirm how close the flashing part is to the desired setting, but it seems to give you and idea as you get close

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I use the setting where they move from the edges to the center and then flash at the shift point. Set the shift point (the lights flash at this point) about 500-750 rpm b4 redline since the voodoo revs to redline quickly in 1st. I find in bright sun the lights do get washed out otherwise I find it helpful feature.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I left them on until driving at night a few times and decided to turn them off.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
The heads up display is extremely useful if you set it correctly and understand its function.
Setup the track mode, it will only start to display when you are 2500 RPM from your set point and come together when you hit your set shift point.
As for being visible, it is very much in your face. I have used it to smooth out my shift point on the autocross track. If you are at all familiar with autocross, if you can see it there, you can see it anywhere.
Once I got used to it, now I use it all the time in my daily driving.

Sponsored

OP
OP
84venom

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
I'll try the outside-to-in flashy thing, didn't know it was an option? I just find that with my road race background that I'm always looking way out ahead and used to glancing down at the tach. Even with the flashing option, if I'm not staring at the lights when they start to flash, they really don't help me....

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
They go from the outside in on both sides? That seems more useful.

I have to figure out how this works.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'll try the outside-to-in flashy thing, didn't know it was an option? I just find that with my road race background that I'm always looking way out ahead and used to glancing down at the tach. Even with the flashing option, if I'm not staring at the lights when they start to flash, they really don't help me....
You peripheral should be picking it up anyway. Most shift lights in road race cars are on the steering wheel or on the dash in the case of aim/racepak.. I haven't found myself looking through my steering wheel lately.. I did however, see a guy chewing on his the other day.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I would love a proper HUD. Drove a Mercedes AMG and it was my favorite feature on the car...go figure.

Sponsored

smbstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Actually found it as one of the most useful features when driving it at Sebring during the Track Tour. Used that as a shift reference rather than the tach (I hate the speedo & tach gauge setup in the Mustangs... plz don't kill me) :D

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Originally thought this was one of the coolest features on our cars. In hindsight, i don't think they put enough thought into it's functionality. First, when you're pushing that Voodoo beast to 8200 rpms, the indicator lights really aren't in your field of view, at least not if your eyes are focused on where you're going!!! Second, they all light up the same, so there's no way to tell when you're at redline? It would make more sense to have the last 4 or 6 lights in RED, giving you a hint that it's time to shift! Just my .02.....

Still an amazing car :headbang::headbang::ford:
I find the feature rather useful. As Donkey mentioned previously, it is within your perifrial vision. It is merely a guide, or reminder if you will. I use the Track HUD settings with the lights meeting in the center. I also set it at the max just shy of the 8250RPM red line as recommended by my friend Randy Pobst.

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
As mentioned previously, when I set it to come together and flash at redline.. definitely one of the more useful tools that the 350 has to offer

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Read the owner's manual / GT350 supplement. All the information you could ever want to know about this feature is outlined in there.

67GTA

67GTA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67GTA,69MACH1,09GT500,16GT350
Is this feature a track pac or is it also a feature on the tech pac
Sponsored