Sponsored

Anyone from Ford IT in these forums?

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
You might want to check the company web site. I can't get in. Both Chrome and Microsoft Edge are reporting that the website is using an insecure SSL c ypher suite. If I explicitly type "http://www.ford.com/", it tried to redirect me to the SSL version, which no worky...:doh:
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You might want to check the company web site. I can't get in. Both Chrome and Microsoft Edge are reporting that the website is using an insecure SSL c ypher suite. If I explicitly type "http://www.ford.com/", it tried to redirect me to the SSL version, which no worky...:doh:
Works for me now. As of 4:06 and it’s https.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I don't think anyone wants to cop to that. Between COTUS and SYNC3 update gripes they'll never get another moment's peace.

The main site works fine for me in Chrome 64. The owner page has had a problem for a while. A blank dialog box that can't be dismissed pops up.

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
For what it's worth, it's on my laptop (Windows 10 PC). My tablet seems to work fine...:crazy:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
This likely has 0 to do with IT and more to do with their hosting/advertising company.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
I don't think anyone wants to cop to that. Between COTUS and SYNC3 update gripes they'll never get another moment's peace.

The main site works fine for me in Chrome 64. The owner page has had a problem for a while. A blank dialog box that can't be dismissed pops up.
Ironically, I arrived at this because I was trying to download a sync update for my car. I was able to do it with my Android tablet and a USB host adapter and the Astroid file manager (since Android can apparently negotiate a usable SSL cypher suite with Ford's website). I'm copying the unzipped files from that onto a USB key now... would have been much easier if I could have done everything on my PC, but alas...:shrug:

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
As of this evening, everything is working just fine now on my Windows 10 laptop...(the same one that was having trouble earlier). :cheers:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
well, I'm having trouble logging into the owner's site, says system error.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just logged in, tried two different browsers/OSs, working fine for me.
guess that means I need to contact customer support, I tried 4 different os with no luck

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
guess that means I need to contact customer support, I tried 4 different os with no luck
Do you have an existing account that was previously operational? Setting up a new account?

What's the error? Is it like a backend system error (i.e., throwing up some server related code), or more like a handled user level error?

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have an existing account that was previously operational? Setting up a new account?

What's the error? Is it like a backend system error (i.e., throwing up some server related code), or more like a handled user level error?
I think something is messed up with their server or database related to my account, just chatted with their support and they have to escalate to their web team because they can't get the error I'm having. I'm seeing this:

System Error
Sorry, we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later.

Return to the Ford Owner.
The console is reporting a POST 500 error, and says cannot load resource but I can't find that exact error message anymore. Also, it's only on owner.ford.com, I can log into fordpass just fine, and even changed my password on there.

Just found it:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
www.ford.com works
www.fordpass.com works
owner.ford.com doesn't work
Sponsored

Last edited: