OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
There really aren’t any secret programming tricks to this. The more I mess with it the more I see that Sparts database has all the secrets that people pay for out in the open, the issue is that you have to what he says an no one seems to acknowledge that.
Sponsored

coolemoff1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
programming

oh but theres guys on some select forums
that will tell you apims must be programmed,along with other modules with ford dealer only software
and quote you outlandish prices to do it
trying to make you think the truck will brick out if you dont let them program for you
all along i laughed because i had already used forscan to do my truck and it had been working flawlessly

Airforcechris00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christophe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Gt with Performance Package level 1
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone in Hampton roads area that could assist with a base to sync 3 parts list and install? Looking to go non nav and use Android . I will gladly pay for someone's time and efforts.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Anyone in Hampton roads area that could assist with a base to sync 3 parts list and install? Looking to go non nav and use Android . I will gladly pay for someone's time and efforts.
See the OP, it’s all there

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
All the parts you need are in the 1st post(part numbers there) but you need:
Sync 3 screen/APIM
Carplay/Android Auto USB Hub
Factory USB "a" and "b" cables
Premium Radio bezel
GPS antenna and adapter
Reuse your ACM(cd player) unless you want SiriusXM/HD radio(need an antenna if you want SAT)
Either build or purchase the wiring harness(once they are available) to tie everything together.

The install is the easy part, finding the screen/APIM and bezel is where all of the leg work comes in(assuming you are willing to do that) otherwise if you dont mind the inflated prices ebay usually has screen/apim combos.

Sponsored

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I just did this, I have not updated the USBs yet nor did I hook up the antenna but everything is working perfect. The only thing about not having the antenna plugged in, The car doesn't know which direction its pointing but thats a feature I've never used

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love it when a plan comes together..

6_E028_A0_E_4974_4_CDA_8781_F192_EE3238_B0.jpg
Heck yes! Now I need to figure out Forscan....anybody have any videos they recommend that shows how exactly you change values and such?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Download the program and get your extended license. After that look at the first post in this thread for a link to AngelDeath's OP on how. After you read that and actually connect to your car it will all make sense.

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
Excuse my ignorance but I have been trying to find a Sync3/APIM module and I just don't know if I am looking for the right thing and the ones I find I cannot figure out if they are right parts. Can anyone help me out?
I would like to find one w/out navigation for $300ish or w/ nav for an extra $100 (if possible, otherwise I will just stick to the w/out nav).

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Read the OP. I clearly show what Sync 3 looks like vs MFT. The only way to determine if the APIM is NAV enabled is to have the VIN so that it can be run through OASIS or the as built database. $400 for NAV is going to be hard to find Unless you can find one direct from a salvage facility on car-part.com

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car-part.com is your friend, search for 2016 and up Mustang, F150, Escape, C-Max also Lincoln MKC. Once you find a few, pick up the phone and call the places and request pictures/vin numbers. Most of these junk yards havent moved into the 21st century and wont respond to email or online inquiries. You will have a hard time finding a nav apim but if you are willing to do the leg work and call around its not impossible. You can do ebay as well but you are going to pay more for the convenience.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Any recommendations on a specific crimping tool? I'm familiar with wire striping and soldering but never found myself needing to crimp a terminal like these.

Reactions: MAV
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I use the actual Tyco and JST crimpers on my harnesses. I believe that certain ratcheting crimpers will work but I do not have a list of the die part numbers. The biggest thing is to practice with extra terminals and to see which work best. Honestly, until I use a crimper once I never know how it will compress the tangs. The only information I recieve from manufacturers is the tool that want you to use with a part number. they never say "Wellll, you should use our $500 crimpers but you could also get away with the $20 specials on eBay"

[MENTION=17943]MAV[/MENTION] the question about connector part numbers a few pages back, there aren't any, they are custom built after I paid the mold fees. Same thing that 4D Tech does.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
^Took a gamble on a crimper from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow, will post info if it works well enough.

Well I tried..... not good enough for me, I'm a perfectionist. Going to give the plug and play harness a go. It's worth the piece of mind.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.