Sponsored

Fit and Finish is Nice - Alignment of Head Light, Hood Edge

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Taken on the pilot production V6 Competition Orange fastback at the 2014 Mustang Memories show in Dearborn, MI...
DSC01092_resize25.jpg
DSC01093_resize25.jpg
Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
If that's the same car, then there's a bit of a difference in hood to fender gap from left to right...

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
That and some of the cars appear to have more of that black insulation visible at the nose of the hood

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that's the same car, then there's a bit of a difference in hood to fender gap from left to right...
I think it was my camera angle...in person, it looked the same on both sides. Darn amateur photographers!

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
The passenger side has a hell of a gap while the driver side appears to be correct. Trying to adjust this gap will be a real nightmare to accomplish. Just wondering if this is a prototype that slipped through Q/C.

Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I think it was my camera angle...in person, it looked the same on both sides. Darn amateur photographers!
I've looked at a lot of cars with mismatched or misaligned body panels, I really doubt that your camera is inducing the effect here. Your angle relative to the gap is pretty much mirrored side to side. One side appears to have a gap that's 50% wider than I'd expect (you can practically fly an X-Wing fighter down it), the other should be 50% wider.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
THIS is precisely why people need to quit critiquing the fit and finish based on photos. Pictures can be very deceiving.

EDIT: that being said, the gap does look substantially bigger on one side, and admittedly it is pretty hard to imagine that it could be completely attributable to the camera angle in this case.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thanks for posting the pictures as always!!

Pre-production car...enough said :D

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
THIS is precisely why people need to quit critiquing the fit and finish based on photos. Pictures can be very deceiving.

EDIT: that being said, the gap does look substantially bigger on one side, and admittedly it is pretty hard to imagine that it could be completely attributable to the camera angle in this case.
It probably is camera angle. Tony said it looked the same in person. That's a large difference to mistake.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It probably is camera angle. Tony said it looked the same in person. That's a large difference to mistake.
Guaranteed it's the angle or my eyes are really bad! :headbonk:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I trust pictures far more than an opinion, unless he took measurements. And the angle is about the same, and for those saying pre-production...yes it is but with as many that have alignment issues, it is something to worry about.

The point on the fender even goes passed the hood more on the passenger side. The hood just looks more sucked in on the passenger side while the driver side looks just about perfect.

Edit: also if you look at the gap on the outboard side of the headlight and fender, both sides the gap appears to be the same in both pictures

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I trust pictures far more than an opinion, unless he took measurements. And the angle is about the same, and for those saying pre-production...yes it is but with as many that have alignment issues, it is something to worry about.
Not be argumentative, but again, I took the photos because what I saw in person looked good on both sides visually. That said, if this proves to be problematic in production, then I have no doubts there will be a service bulletin if enough people report a problem with it.

Next time, I'll take the tape measure :)

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not be argumentative, but again, I took the photos because what I saw in person looked good on both sides visually. That said, if this proves to be problematic in production, then I have no doubts there will be a service bulletin if enough people report a problem with it.

Next time, I'll take the tape measure :)
a digital feeler gauge or dial caliper would be better lol :) :thumbsup: and sorry I meant no offense to you.
Sponsored