Going with all seasons, need input..

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
I have the 20" foundry wheels on my 15 GT.
265-35-20

I was thinking of going with the Conti DWS 06 at tire rack for 282.52.
Thoughts on this tire?

I also looked at the G-force 285-35-20 for 167.96
Had good reviews on Tire rack.

What are the thoughts from anyone running these? And does anyone see any issue with going to a 285 on my stock set up. Also I would like to run a 45 rather than a 35.... Again, any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
DWS FTW !

I am running the DWS06 , about the only thing better could possibly be Michelin A/S3+ , but thats arguable ;)

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I chose the BFG Comp2's last year, and now have 15k miles on them. Very happy with my choice.

Less than 2/32" wear so far. Took them to the track twice, including rain at the track. They performed really well in my amateur opinion, especially in the rain.

BFG is owned by Michelin. Bottom line, these are high-performance A/S tires at a low total cost of ownership.

Sponsored

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
265-35-20

Thoughts on this tire?

What are the thoughts from anyone running these? And does anyone see any issue with going to a 285 on my stock set up. Also I would like to run a 45 rather than a 35.... Again, any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
If you make the sidewall taller, you will increase the overall diameter which will cause your speedo to be off.

I really like this tool: http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator
It will tell you just how much of a difference it really is, so you can decide if it will be a problem or not. Though this calculator won't help with determining if the wider or taller wheels will rub.

EDIT: They are having technical difficulties with their new calculator. Try this one: http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator3

Osvic@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
265-35-20

Thoughts on this tire?

Highly recommend Conti DWS06!Currently running that wheel!

OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
thank you all!

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I ran the BFG Comp2 last year, no problems at all on my GTPP, very cold Kansas City winter, but little snow, I think we never saw more than 1-2" at any one time and I got around just fine albeit cautiously but confidently. I have a snow/ice wheel and tire, the Mich Xi3 and I never had to use those last year.

275/40/19
245/40/19

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I too have the 20" Foundry Wheels on my 15' GT. After burning through the Pirelli PZero summer tires (and dealing with them through one winter), I also wanted to switch to All-Season tires. I ended up getting the Continental DWS 06's. So far, it's been a pretty good experience. There's definitely a noticeable difference going from summer tires to A/S tires but that's to be expected regardless. I think it was more pronounced because you have to give the new tires some time to break-in and burn off the lubricant from the mold. Once I got used to them though, I have no complaints. Plus, they made the car even softer/more comfortable.

As for the size, I went with 275/35/20 (up from the factory 265/35/20). I can't speak for 285. Not sure if they would fit or not. Obviously you'd also be raising the sidewall that much more. At 275, I've had no problems with rubbing or scraping. Granted, my car is at stock ride height though.

(Coincidentally, I actually had my tire go flat over the weekend because of a nail. Thankfully the TPMS system worked beautifully to warn me so I pulled over right away and got the car towed. Had the tire patched up and was back on the road in a few hours).

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Buy from discounttiredirect. Free shipping and rebates.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I went through this exact thing last winter. If you're mostly highway cruising and not driving the card hard, the Continental DWS-06 are fine. If you're driving aggressively, the BFG G-Force are better performance tire, but they do look a bit like truck tires.

The Michelin A/S 3+ are the best, but a bit more expensive.

For what it's worth I went with the G-Force, and they are better than the pirelli's that came on the car in every way, in every temperature outside of a race track. I didn't want to risk sacrificing cornering and handling by going with the Continentals.

With all of that said, I'm very happy with the BFG G-Force tires, but I will be getting the Michelin's next go around.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I too have the 20" Foundry Wheels on my 15' GT. After burning through the Pirelli PZero summer tires (and dealing with them through one winter), I also wanted to switch to All-Season tires. I ended up getting the Continental DWS 06's. So far, it's been a pretty good experience. There's definitely a noticeable difference going from summer tires to A/S tires but that's to be expected regardless. I think it was more pronounced because you have to give the new tires some time to break-in and burn off the lubricant from the mold. Once I got used to them though, I have no complaints. Plus, they made the car even softer/more comfortable.

As for the size, I went with 275/35/20 (up from the factory 265/35/20). I can't speak for 285. Not sure if they would fit or not. Obviously you'd also be raising the sidewall that much more. At 275, I've had no problems with rubbing or scraping. Granted, my car is at stock ride height though.

(Coincidentally, I actually had my tire go flat over the weekend because of a nail. Thankfully the TPMS system worked beautifully to warn me so I pulled over right away and got the car towed. Had the tire patched up and was back on the road in a few hours).
Update to my post #11. It was a false reading from the TPMS. Hasnt acted up again.
Sponsored