Sponsored

Ford Recommended Alignment Sheet - Typo

TheKosherStogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2
Thanks to a friend he corrected it.
As you see on the rear for 350R there should not be a "-" in front of the toe 0.30
And for the non R 350 there should be a "-" for front toe and should not be one for the rear

As + and - indicate toe out and toe in.
So was confusing as it says in and out as well.
IMG_5884.JPG
Sponsored

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
When you express toe with "in" or "out", adding a +/- is redundant.

Also, I believe you missed the actual typo. Take a look at the 350R front tow spec, I think it should read ".06 out".

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
This is a known issue and odd that Ford hasn't corrected it. As thedeadcow mentioned having the negative or minus sign is redundant however that is where the confusion lies. I can also confirm that the front toe on an R .06 in, according to Ford performance.

Last edited:

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ford really needs two put out a official correction four they're tow speks.

Sponsored

RustedAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 350R HR215
Billy Johnson has said the typo is listing "In" on the R specs where it should indeed be "Out." In makes absolutely no sense.

RustedAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 350R HR215
There is no reason to run toe IN on a track car. The typo is mentioning a toe in instruction for the alignment on the R.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Billy Johnson has said the typo is listing "In" on the R specs where it should indeed be "Out." In makes absolutely no sense.
Who?

Where did this sheet come from? Seems like the correction is only for the "+" and "-" designations and calls for Toe-In on the front of the R.

MGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mariano
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1834, 2018 GT350R JR051
I'm totally confused. I just had car realigned to the published specs after installing lowering springs. Who do we call to get this clarified?

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
These alignment specs aren't jiving with me regardless of a + or - sign.

I have not come across a single road course alignment done for the purpose of tracking an S550 with so little camber in the front and rear. Tire pressure makes sense... at least. That alignment is what I'd run on my GT on the street... not the track, haha.

I run -2.5 front, -1.8 rear and I know others that run even more (mostly as it pertains to the front). I prefer slight toe in up front and 0 toe in the back - or at least I don't know anything better for me. I know I have a GT but I run 305 square tires and thus far appear to be wearing and heating relatively evenly.

Okay, know what, I guess I get the recommended rear camber IF it helps control understeer with a staggered wheel setup. Is this within stock adjustment limitations?

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
These alignment specs aren't jiving with me regardless of a + or - sign.

I have not come across a single road course alignment done for the purpose of tracking an S550 with so little camber in the front and rear. Tire pressure makes sense... at least. That alignment is what I'd run on my GT on the street... not the track, haha.

I run -2.5 front, -1.8 rear and I know others that run even more (mostly as it pertains to the front). I prefer slight toe in up front and 0 toe in the back - or at least I don't know anything better for me. I know I have a GT but I run 305 square tires and thus far appear to be wearing and heating relatively evenly.

Okay, know what, I guess I get the recommended rear camber IF it helps control understeer with a staggered wheel setup. Is this within stock adjustment limitations?
0 toe in the rear, "upgraded" integral links because they have less axial play than stock? Man, can I hire you to set up my car?? :lol:

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I thought front toe in was odd for the track alignment. It should be out like the regular GT350. Why it is in for the R makes no sense.
Sponsored