Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Can anyone comment on the small mod that is at this link?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/UKMustang/permalink/696373630566011/

THey seem to be removing a "carbon filter" that is inside the lid of the air filter box. The bizarre thing is that this filter is not even in line with the airflow. Quite the opposite actually, it's on the other side. They're claiming that it improves airflow (bizarre) and throttle response etc.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Don't know but I had to tinker with the car and had nothing else to do so I ripped it out lol

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
ah yeah, the good ol' placebo effect, it's very unlikely that would cause any any change at all, the VE of that mod does not change, turbulence in a vacuum is non existent, hence it can't be air flow, the volumetric efficiency of the normal air box opening vs the throttle size is much greater therefore it's already saturated all possible intake volume. ummm, what else could there be to increase performance,

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
This will help increase performance :lol::lol::lol:
IMG_20170830_062450.jpg

OP
OP
Zepboy

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Azarious, I accept your point that it's likely the placebo effect. Still, as a person who works within the broad medical sphere, one thing we know about the placebo effect (ie. people get better when they think the sugar pill they've been given is real medicine) is that it actually DOES work. The placebo effect is NOT a way of saying that nothing happened. THere have been reliable studies that show that the effects of a placebo are actually measurable.
To the issue with our cars, my thought was that even if it affected airflow as claimed (by about 5-7%), surely nobody is sensitive enough to notice such a small difference. HOWEVER......I took the thing out last night and I have to say that on this morning's drive to work, she felt just that little bit more eager to go. Normally I can tell the difference between Normal and Sport+ without looking at what mode I'm in. Usually I drive in Sport+.
I have to say that this morning I left it in Normal and was surprised to say it felt more like it was in Sport+. You're right, it could all just be in my head, but even if it is, I'm enjoying it......

ah yeah, the good ol' placebo effect, it's very unlikely that would cause any any change at all, the VE of that mod does not change, turbulence in a vacuum is non existent, hence it can't be air flow, the volumetric efficiency of the normal air box opening vs the throttle size is much greater therefore it's already saturated all possible intake volume. ummm, what else could there be to increase performance,
Sponsored