Sponsored

Broke my driver side rocker molding panel

Dallasmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hello everyone,

I accidentally hit the curb last night and I broke my driver side rocker molding panel. It literally fell off my car and bent the frame little bit. My car is lower on Sportline springs so damage is worse. Has anyone replaced it before and where is the cheapest place to order OEM Ford part? Thanks!
Sponsored

WHealy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If you are talking about the body panel running directly under the door I had to replace mine after I bent it removing it to install new side skirts. I think it was about $750 painted and I installed it.

OP
OP

Dallasmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If you are talking about the body panel running directly under the door I had to replace mine after I bent it removing it to install new side skirts. I think it was about $750 painted and I installed it.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Ford charges too much for new one

OP
OP

Dallasmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dallasmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
did you have to get screws separately and was it hard to install? thanks

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just out of curiosity, I've wondered what these cars look like without that side skirt. With it off, are there exposed mounting holes or other problems?

Now that I look at the links on ebay I'm even more confused. Is the black side skirt piece separate from/removable from the painted body panel piece?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Didn't you just get your car? And you bent the frame? How hard did you hit the curb, what were you doing? Sorry to hear.

OP
OP

Dallasmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Didn't you just get your car? And you bent the frame? How hard did you hit the curb, what were you doing? Sorry to hear.
I had for like almost one year now. I was just hiding on the forum lol I was pulling out of my parking spot and there was a curb on the left side. It was painted white which didnt help. I barely touched it but being low didnt help. I dont know if it's the frame but it's metal part behind front wheel. It's not too bad. I just need to find white rocker panel and installer. I'm really careful with cars but it's just one of those unlucky day.

wuP7Wi.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dallasmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Oh that sucks...hopefully you can find a cheap one at a junk yard or ebay.
Yeah our car is not strong as I thought. Yeah please don't hit a curb like me lol
Sponsored