Sponsored

First 2016 GT350 SVT Mustang Caught on Video, and with Ceramic Brakes!

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
…And we’re back. Sorry about the major downtime, but we have exciting new video and photos of the GT350!

Pictures:
On this SVT prototype, we see for the first time big, cross-drilled carbon rotors and large black brake calipers up front. The rear is seen fitted with cross-drilled, steel rotors.

The multi-spoke wheels on this test car are wrapped in massive Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, size 295/35/ZR19 in the front. Unfortunately, we couldn’t quite read the sidewall on the rear tires.

As with the photos we brought to you last week, this SVT prototype includes a hood vent that can be seen through the camouflage mesh, wide rocker panels, quad-tip double barrel exhaust and a vent that can be seen through the camo by the front fenders.

Video:
We also caught video of two GT350 Mustangs testing in the streets of Dearborn while shuffling between the SVT test labs. We think we can all agree, the infernal roar of the engine sounds incredible!

Sponsored

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
New SVT Mustang Exhaust vid

It surely sounds badass! But not like a flat plane crank engine usually sounds. It sounded very similar to a 2012-13 BOSS or a modified Coyote w/ a X-pipe.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Wow, that sounds amazing! Very disappointed to see carbon ceramic brakes on a Mustang.

Sponsored

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
The rear tires are a little wider than the front, so, a respectable guess is 305/30/19 as they dont seem to be 20"s.

GTsquid

Man that took forever.... I needed my fix sooner. At least you guys got the video out there today :headbang:

And man does it sound INSANE. I need to make this my next car.

K.Lysius

295/35/ZR19 fronts?! This thing is BEAST!

And sounds like it too. :headbang:

Love how you guys always manage to get videos of the prototypes.

Melino

Wow, that sounds amazing! Very disappointed to see carbon ceramic brakes on a Mustang.
Yea very surprised.... must be following in the footsteps as the Z28. I sense thePill soon.....

Thank you guys for this video! Sounds amazing.... and 295/35/ZR19 in front?? Wow.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Why are you disappointed? I think it is fantastic! The 13/14 Shelby were hammered over brake fade (brake fluid issue), so good to see them going all out.

No evidence we will see it on the final product though and it maybe an option, which matches the history of the Shelby's recently to have performance options.

Sponsored

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
Those looks like carbon Recaros too.

Why are you disappointed? I think it is fantastic! The 13/14 Shelby were hammered over brake fade (brake fluid issue), so good to see them going all out.

No evidence we will see it on the final product though and it maybe an option, which matches the history of the Shelby's recently to have performance options.
When Ford was testing the 2013 Shelby on The Ring, they were equipped w/ carbon ceramics disc brakes and never offered them as an option. But I bet this time would be different and Ford is going all out to stomp on the Z28.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
Nice poppy exhaust. With a cross-plane crank, could we still see a hi-revving engine?

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Those looks like carbon Recaros too.

When Ford was testing the 2013 Shelby on The Ring, they were equipped w/ carbon ceramics disc brakes and never offered them as an option. But I bet this time would be different and Ford is going all out to stomp on the Z28.
I suspect the Z28 has left the building and is trying to avoid being caught alive by this thing

StangFX

attachment.jpg

Fog lights! I do believe this is the first thing they have allowed to let slip from the camo (on purpose of course).

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
Why not remove the fog lights and have more airflow?
Sponsored