After Market Parts Fitted To Your Aussie Mustang

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
There are various Threads in the Australian Section, relating to Number Plate Brackets, Wheels / Tyres, Lights / DRL's and Exhausts that have been fitted to our Aussie delivered Cars.

Has anyone fitted an Oil Catch Can or planning to fit one?

If so, what brand did you use?

I have a UPR Oil Catch Can ready to be fitted when my car arrives.
Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Yeap. Got a Bob's Ultimate Catch Tank.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have the JLT ready to go.

Bought it ages ago, then saw the Mishimoto coolant tank, will have to see how the JLT fits with that. Might end up with a different catch can, but it might workout fine, will have to see!

Side note: Mishimoto has a catch can coming out soon.

Mishimoto Catch Can

Last edited:

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I have a UPR catch can fitted with the passenger side vent hose, it is working perfectly so far.

This picture is from 350kms after installing
iUdYj9Qh.jpg

Install photos

HApnBTJh.jpg

TqJm6d8h.jpg

9LPzDsah.jpg

Now as for why I went with UPR instead of bobs or another provider?
Basically I wasn't sure if the mounting point would be compatible or if that would cause me an issue so I decided to get one that doesn't mount. I highly recommend the UPR, it took me about 3 minutes to install.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
[MENTION=14692]Aus-MustangGT[/MENTION] Nice hand :thumbsup: :lol:

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
[MENTION=14692]Aus-MustangGT[/MENTION] Nice hand :thumbsup: :lol:
Thanks! it looks more like a stump in that picture, I do have all fingers for now :lol:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
OP
OP

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
I have a UPR catch can fitted with the passenger side vent hose, it is working perfectly so far.

This picture is from 350kms after installing
iUdYj9Qh.jpg

Install photos

HApnBTJh.jpg

TqJm6d8h.jpg

9LPzDsah.jpg

Now as for why I went with UPR instead of bobs or another provider?
Basically I wasn't sure if the mounting point would be compatible or if that would cause me an issue so I decided to get one that doesn't mount. I highly recommend the UPR, it took me about 3 minutes to install.
I have a UPR Catch Can, the same as yours.

One of our USA friends posted on one of the many Catch Can threads, that his UPR was rubbing on the Radiator Hose.

Does yours show any sign of rubbing on the Radiator Hose or the Radiator Overflow Tank?

Thanks

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I have a UPR Catch Can, the same as yours.

One of our USA friends posted on one of the many Catch Can threads, that his UPR was rubbing on the Radiator Hose.

Does yours show any sign of rubbing on the Radiator Hose or the Radiator Overflow Tank?

Thanks
There hasn't been any rubbing that I have noticed so far, I have checked the can after every drive to make sure that everything is working as it should

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
There hasn't been any rubbing that I have noticed so far, I have checked the can after every drive to make sure that everything is working as it should
I just watched a bunch of vids and I like the UPR. Can I ask who you bought yours from? Also before reading this I didn't even know this was an issue with the Mustang donk. So for all you seasoned pro's out there what else are must have additions for the car?

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I just watched a bunch of vids and I like the UPR. Can I ask who you bought yours from? Also before reading this I didn't even know this was an issue with the Mustang donk. So for all you seasoned pro's out there what else are must have additions for the car?
Everything :thumbsup:

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I purchased this one from Lethal, however I would recommend purchasing from Hypermotive [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION].

Lethal promised me they would help with the value of my package for gst purchases but failed to deliver, also they original catch can they sent had a bad rubber seal. I bought my exhaust from Hypermotive and wish I got the rest of my parts from them to be honest.

I wouldn't say I am a seasoned pro with the mustang but these are some other common problems,
- Notchy transmission, I am replacing with an MGW short shifter and adding a steeda trans bushing. If it is still notchy I will do a trans fluid swap

- Wheel hop, I am going with BMR Cradle lockout kit and vertical links and a steeda bushing kit

- Steering wheel feel (this is subjective), I personally don't like how it feels soft and loose

- Throttle lag, you can either get your car tuned or go with a JMS pedalmax

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
I purchased this one from Lethal, however I would recommend purchasing from Hypermotive [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION].

Lethal promised me they would help with the value of my package for gst purchases but failed to deliver, also they original catch can they sent had a bad rubber seal. I bought my exhaust from Hypermotive and wish I got the rest of my parts from them to be honest.

I wouldn't say I am a seasoned pro with the mustang but these are some other common problems,
- Notchy transmission, I am replacing with an MGW short shifter and adding a steeda trans bushing. If it is still notchy I will do a trans fluid swap

- Wheel hop, I am going with BMR Cradle lockout kit and vertical links and a steeda bushing kit

- Steering wheel feel (this is subjective), I personally don't like how it feels soft and loose

- Throttle lag, you can either get your car tuned or go with a JMS pedalmax

Thanks so much for the info mate, its truly appreciated :thumbsup:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"