Sponsored

Alignment data sheet after eibach springs.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I put my eibach springs on this past Saturday and drive around since then letting the springs settle in before getting it aligned. Well I did get it aligned this morning and have mixed feeling about my alignment. The rear camber is at -1.9 and was told they had no way of adjusting that. I'm unsure if it was lack of knowledge on their part or unattainable goals for my alignment.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks

Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
The only adjustment on these cars you don't have, in terms of from Ford....is the front caster/camber. It doesn't take much to correct that, though. Sometimes just loosening the bolts and moving things around can make small improvements.

The rear DOES have camber adjustment available on the Upper Bar. I am amazed at how many people have been told, or even told me...that there is no camber adjustment on the rear. I guess it helps that we are, who we are.

Is it possible that they did adjust the camber, as much as they could? Or, did they simply not touch it?

The toe is also available on the rear, via the lower toe links (eccentric bolts)

Looking at your alignment, I am not so sure what this shop what thinking. By chance, did they compress and decompress the suspension to see what your alignment (rough idea) would do when going WOT, or racing, etc?

OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
No they only messed with the lower bolt that I think is for toe. (Rear suspension wise). Nothing with an upper bolt. He didn't even know about it.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I see.

Well, to be honest...I would go back and ask them to take a little bit of camber out of it for you. I'd like to see the rear camber in the -1.25 range, personally.

I would also ask them to go like .05 on the rear toe

Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I see.

Well, to be honest...I would go back and ask them to take a little bit of camber out of it for you. I'd like to see the rear camber in the -1.25 range, personally.

I would also ask them to go like .05 on the rear toe
Would you mind tell us why? I know little about this topic. I fully understand camber and toe and what it is just curious the reason why you would leave negative camber. Is this more for a race application or daily driving?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Weird they had issues adjusting the IRS since the Cobra's had this in 2003/2004. Hope you get things squared away.

Thanks to BMR for responding as well:cheers:

OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Thank you bmr. I am going to try and go back today and have it fixed up. Do you see anything with the front end or does that all look ok?

Thanks again for helping out.

Craig

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Would you mind tell us why? I know little about this topic. I fully understand camber and toe and what it is just curious the reason why you would leave negative camber. Is this more for a race application or daily driving?
They perform better, and driver better, with a little negative camber.

The OEM Spec, straight from the manufacture is:

Front
Base Coupe/Vert: -.74 +/- .75
PP / Track Pack: -1.03 +/- .75

Rear
Base Coupe/Vert: -1.19 +/- .75
PP / Track Pack: -1.50 +/- .75

As you can see, the "mid" ranges on the base, is less camber than the PP.

As you will also see, the "mid" ranges are in the -.75 to -1.03 up front....and about -1.20 to -1.50 out back.

My recommendations simply come from testing, my experience at BMR, my personal experience and discussing these sort of topics with OE suspension engineers (they can usually go further into the "why is that" - so always cool to speak with them)

Most OE vehicles come with negative camber. Most people who know anything about suspension in general, will recommend negative camber up to the point it starts to cause excessive tire wear.

:thumbsup:

Thank you bmr. I am going to try and go back today and have it fixed up. Do you see anything with the front end or does that all look ok?

Thanks again for helping out.

Craig
I would get that toe evened out. .05 is good, but I am not liking .05 and -.05. Even though it is within spec, I either want both out, or both in.....not one side in, and one side out. Does not make sense to me.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
FYI the factory service manual CD states front camber can be adjusted by slotting the upper of the two lower strut mount bolts up to 2 mm and then using the service replacement bolts which the manual indicates are smaller diameter and not "splined". As noted above there is a factory slot shown for rear camber adjustment. Just slide the arm in the slot as needed.

NOTE the torque spec for the front strut bolts is 184 lb-ft!

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
^ The above is correct. Many do not want to do that, though, for whatever reason.

That is what I was referring to in my OP, when I stated "It doesn't take much to correct that, though"

I have already been bombarded with questions after making the posts above...so I can only imagine the tech calls with people asking about grinding their OE struts. ;)

OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I just went back to the shop to have them try and fix it. These are the numbers that they came up with.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I think you need to find a new alignment shop. What eibachs do you have?
Sponsored